PDA

View Full Version : Dr. appt.

Jennie1975
03-01-2011, 02:39 PM
I just scheduled my first appt. for a physical since hs. I am also going to be discussing with my new dr. about starting on my way to hrt.

I gave my male name for insurance purposes as I am full time outside of work I will straighten out the name issue when I arrive.

I am nervous more about the findings of the physical than any other part.

I don't know if there is a point to this post other then just the fact that I needed to tell somebody. Thanks for reading.

Jennifer

Wendy_Marie
03-01-2011, 05:22 PM
Jennie,
I understand your nervousness as I am coming to terms with my own identiy right now and every day believe more and more that I was meant to be a female. The Doctors who will tell you be comfortable and that you are in a safe environment here still hold the key and power to our future happiness or continued misery in many cases. Don't let this get you down and just think about all the goodness that will come from it once you get over the initial salvoof nerves.

I hope all oes well for you and you are in my thoughts as i wish you the best.

Katesback
03-01-2011, 11:30 PM
You mentioned that you want to gravitate towards Hormones. You also mentioned your dressing in the world to some degree. Going to the doctor for the first time is your ONLY time to set the stage for them to take you seriously. How so.

First of all you should be doing your homework on the hormoes and know everything that doctor has to know since the info is rite here on the internet published by doctors.

Second if you show up at the doctor as a woman you will let them know you are serious. You walk in as a boy and if I was the doctor I would send you to the therapist for referals because I would not perscribe hormones to a man I am sorry just not going to happen without a therapist referal letter.

Jennie1975
03-02-2011, 08:26 AM
@ Wendy ty for your thoughts and I will try and breath deep.

@ Kate I totally agree with you. I will be going in as I dress in the world as my true self, female.
I have done my homework and I feel well informed and ready to take the next step. I have been told by close friends that they see in me a calmer, happier person and they are all encouraging and supportive.

Jennifer

Jennie1975
03-07-2011, 01:32 PM
So all went well at my appt. I spoke with the front desk girl as soon as I got there explained that I prefer to be called Jennifer and from that point on that is how I was called. I was called to the exam room waited for the dr, who turned out to be a PA, the usaul questions how was I feeling etc. Then I brought up hrt, she didn't skip a beat and refered me to a more experienced clinic where she had worked previously and gave me the name of a friend of hers who still works there. We discussed a few more things and for fear of ins. no tests or exams. My appt. at other clinic is set for Tuesday the 15th. I will update after that appt.

Jennifer