PDA

View Full Version : Ladies Nights at bars?

Ayame
03-02-2011, 09:12 PM
Do crossdressers / transgender women get to drink for free on ladies nights at bars?

Avana
03-02-2011, 09:24 PM
it depends on the producer of the event and the attitude of the door people really. i've been to lesbian only parties where they've let me in and given me drink tickets, and i've been to straight parties where they give me ladies' price cover, etc. other times i've gone to places where they give me shit about my ID and call me 'dude', etc. so it really depends.

GingerLeigh
03-02-2011, 09:30 PM
*SCORE* That would be a reason in itself to dress as a woman....I could get all my non-cd friends to dress with me! Great idea! Think of all the money I could save...Oh..right. I'm married. I don't go to bars anymore....

Ginger

Eryn
03-02-2011, 10:15 PM
You might save money on drinks, but balance that against the bad scene when that guy who's been chatting you up reads you.

Ladies' night isn't really for the ladies, it's to draw ladies to attract men who spend.

AnnaCalliope
03-03-2011, 01:35 AM
Depends entirely on the bar/club. I'd say you're safe its located in a very liberal-minded part of town. I know one of the main clubs I used to hang out in Jersey was The Coliseum, and while it was considered a gay club, all genders and orientations would show up to party. Straight, gay, bi, trans, whatever. I never actually tried going en femme on Ladies Night. Funny, I was going out 'dressed' at least twice a week back then, hanging out with friends in diners, cafes, coffee houses; very public places that may or may not have been entirely GBLT friendly, and yet only went to my favorite gay club three times in a 5 year period dressed as a girl. I hadn't thought about it like that until today.

I know one bar/club in MD where a few guy friends went to college had a "Wear a skirt, get in free" night. Two of them went in plaid mini-skirts over unshaved legs and steel-toed boots. Since the owner didn't specify gender, they didn't have to pay the cover and even got a couple free beers for their ingenuity.

Kate Simmons
03-03-2011, 05:58 AM
Depends on the bar or club really.:)

christinac
03-03-2011, 06:04 AM
Depends on the bar or club really.:)

I used to serve them when I tended bar, but we only had one or two that came on a regular bases. I could fill a book on some of the absolutely hilarious situations they would cause at times.

Rogina B
03-03-2011, 06:36 AM
If you have your girl ID to show when you get in...that is usually enough at some places...

SuzanneBender
03-03-2011, 06:42 AM
Hmmmmm reminds me a Bud Light commercial....
I avoid the non-TG club scene when dressed. GGs play with fire when they club unless they are with a group of friends and so do we. Besides I am getting older. I guess I need to find a nice TG piano bar with a ladies night :)

Tina B.
03-03-2011, 08:27 AM
Suzanne, I think you have it on a great idea, consider the age of the average member of this forum, I'd say a piano bar for senior crossdressers could be a big hit in almost any large city! It could get back in a bar after all these years. This old gal can't stand the noise level, or the type of music that the younger girls want to listen to.
Tina B.

linda allen
03-03-2011, 08:59 AM
Ladies' night isn't really for the ladies, it's to draw ladies to attract men who spend.

Of course it is. Get the ladies (well, girls) and the men will follow. And they will spend money trying to impress the girls.

linda allen
03-03-2011, 09:01 AM
.. This old gal can't stand the noise level, or the type of music that the younger girls want to listen to.

Same here! Even in restaurants and stores.

Sara Jessica
03-03-2011, 09:09 AM
I wouldn't shy away from any mainstream bar or lounge. However, loud dance clubs are not really my cup o' tea.

As for ladies nights, I've only been to one, the 107 at Stratosphere in Vegas. We received the same drink specials as any of the other women. But as has been said, it depends on the establishment, I'm sure.

2SpeedTranny
03-03-2011, 10:16 PM
I've only been one place on ladies' night... but I did get free drinks for my efforts... even though the bartenders knew I wasn't a lady. :)

Daenna Paz
03-03-2011, 10:50 PM
Every mainline club that I have been to in Vegas has extended the "no cover for ladies" to me ... drinks too! (you just have to love LV!)
I guess it just depends on the locale ... :eek:

Sophie86
03-03-2011, 11:55 PM
I've been told that there is a bar in Tallahassee that has a LBD night, and tgirls who show up properly attired get the same deal on drinks as the ladies. I haven't tried it, and probably never will.