PDA

View Full Version : Looking forward to Chicago

Paula_56
03-04-2011, 01:44 PM
I am looking forward to my trip to Chicago next week. I hope to do some shopping at the Wood field Mall and also a visit Rori's Do any of you Chicago girls have any other suggestions?

ReneeT
03-04-2011, 02:42 PM
I hope you have a great time! I was there in the fall and was not able to meet up with amy sisters. I know they must be out there!

Jessica_Dillon
03-04-2011, 04:53 PM
I'm from Chicago, though I live in Atlanta now. I still try to get up to Chicago at least twice a year to visit some old friends...especially some friends that know Jessica. ;-)

The whole town is great, and most everywhere is accepting. If you're planning on doing some shopping,and have transportation outside of the loop, I would suggest Oakbrook Mall. It's Southwest of the city about 30 minutes, but ask any woman in the Chicagoland area where it is, and she'll be able to point you that way! Also, water tower place on anything near there on Michigan Ave is awesome!

Chicago food is to die for. Of coarse, you have to have a Chicago Pizza. My recommendations are Lou Malnatis or Gino's East. Also, any Italian sausage, beef or hotdogs will not leave you wanting either.

Museums downtown are all good. I've never gone to any of them en femme, but I imagine if you wanted to you wouldn't have any problem.

Lastly, the night life in Chicago is undying. There's so many great little clubs, music bars, jazz clubs, dance, whatever...you pick it, it's probably only a block away. Whatever hotel you're staying at should be pretty knowlegable in the places nearby and be able to direct you to place that suits you best! Most importantly, have a great time...and take warm clothes, and spring clothes, and a heavy coat, and a light jacket, and walking shoes, and nice heels...it always changes!

Paula_56
03-04-2011, 06:29 PM
I I would suggest Oakbrook Mall. It's Southwest of the city about 30 minutes, but ask any woman in the Chicagoland area where it is, and she'll be able to point you that way!

Renne I read you blog all the time you and Kim are my heros Guess what I am staying at the Marriott Renaissance nest to the Oakbrook Mall!!!!!

Thanks for the info I will post my advenures here

Rogina B
03-04-2011, 09:59 PM
Go anywhere and everywhere in Chicagoland...You'll not have a problem.

BiancaEstrella
03-05-2011, 04:21 AM
Make sure you stop in at Skyscraper Heels

Paula W
03-05-2011, 08:23 AM
http://www.transformationsbyrori.com/ It is about 10 minutes away from Woodfield mall. I have yet to go there but am planning on it.

JustineFallow
03-06-2011, 10:33 PM
I had my first exposure to a Filene's Basement in Chicago this past Sept. and can't wait to go again.

nancigirl
03-07-2011, 09:41 AM
Rori is wonderful. Another place i like to go when in Chicago is the Baton Show Lounge. It's especially fun on weekend nights when the genetic girls often bring their friends for bachelorette parties, graduation parties, etc. And i always enjoy seeing my favourite in the show--Mimi Marks.

Jessica_Dillon
03-07-2011, 10:00 AM
Renne I read you blog all the time you and Kim are my heros Guess what I am staying at the Marriott Renaissance nest to the Oakbrook Mall!!!!!

Thanks for the info I will post my advenures here

Please do. Oh...and by the way, that's a GREAT location to stay! Easy access to downtown, and all the surrounding areas! Enjoy!

danielleb
03-07-2011, 04:41 PM
While your out visiting Rori's and woodfield, if you have any interest in japanese items be sure to check out Mitsuwa Mall (http://www.mitsuwa.com/tenpo/cica/eindex.html). you can always find unique and interesting gifts there. It's right between the two locations.

DeeArel
03-09-2011, 01:38 AM
There is a group called the Island Girls that gets together the 1 and 3 Wednesday of each month.

vikki2020
03-09-2011, 11:04 AM
Hi Paula! Yes, a trip to Rori's will be a lot of fun, you'll love it. Actually, they are having a "T-Party" on the 15th, at a restaurant near the shop. The info is on the web site, and it's a lot of fun, usually about 20 girls there. The Kit-Kat Lounge on North Halsted is a nice place to. Check out "Time Out Chicago", magazine, they have all the goings on for the week!
vikki

AKAMichelle
03-09-2011, 05:30 PM
I just found out that I am going to Chicago for 7 days at the end of the month. Too bad you aren't going to be there when I am.

Luckily this trip will allow me time to sightsee and solicalize. I can't wait to see Chicago in detail.

Jean*
03-09-2011, 06:41 PM
If looking for shoes, while at Woodfield, go across the street to the north to Nordstrom's Rack. They have a large selection of larger sized footwear. Also, an Avenue is right next door and Lands End Outlet.