PDA

View Full Version : What's your style?

Phoebe P.
03-05-2011, 08:26 PM
Elegant and Conservative or Street Walker Sexy?

I'm kind of a combination of both. My (wife's) clothes are very elegant, but my makeup and nails are very bright. I think pink is my favorite. :battingeyelashes:

Eryn
03-05-2011, 08:30 PM
I'm way too old to be a streetwalker! Considering my circumstances, I think that comfy is my best style.

Angie G
03-05-2011, 08:32 PM
I have to go with both.:hugs:
Angie

susiegrl19
03-05-2011, 08:37 PM
I have to say Conservative and sexy ( Not Hooker Sexy ) depending on my mood and where I am going for the evening.

RenneB
03-05-2011, 08:40 PM
I span the gamit. I've got that short mini black tight thing for when I feel that way, and I've got the formal long gown for feeling that way. It's all about the mood of the day. OMG I'm moody.. wow that's a first. I'm working on the business style for a out of the house outing preparation. The actual outing may be a while...too many nosey neighbors, but I'm preping.

Renne.....

Karren H
03-05-2011, 08:41 PM
"Old bat"....... Lol.

Carroll
03-05-2011, 08:42 PM
Conservative. I am one who does not like to draw any attention to myself

Josie M
03-05-2011, 08:43 PM
I guess I lean to the more conservative and am partial to earthier tones and accessories that run to the "artsy" side

Sara Jessica
03-05-2011, 08:44 PM
Sophisticated, classy yet inherently sexy (never trashy) when on the dressy side of things. As for casual, I call it "casual chic".

Kathi Lake
03-05-2011, 09:00 PM
Like Sara, my clothes are classy, elegant, boring, and (hopefully) sophisticated. Sexy? I kinda have trouble with that. When you hear the word 'sexy' while talking about women's clothes, you have to ask yourself, "Sexy to whom?" Women? Nope. Doubt it. That leaves the, . . . ummmm, alternative. For me, I never want to be the object of sexual attention from a man. Many do. Not me. Call me funny that way. :)

Sooooo, getting back on topic, my style is what I think I look good in. I do dress for me, after all.

:)

Kathi

gretchen2
03-05-2011, 09:11 PM
Conservative with a little METAL on the side.

Samantha43
03-05-2011, 09:22 PM
Like Sara, my clothes are classy, elegant, boring, and (hopefully) sophisticated. Sexy? I kinda have trouble with that. When you hear the word 'sexy' while talking about women's clothes, you have to ask yourself, "Sexy to whom?" Women? Nope. Doubt it. That leaves the, . . . ummmm, alternative. For me, I never want to be the object of sexual attention from a man. Many do. Not me. Call me funny that way. :)

Sooooo, getting back on topic, my style is what I think I look good in. I do dress for me, after all.

Kathi

Well said Kathi!

My preference is business professional. Of course I have been known to wear the occasional mini skirt.

sissystephanie
03-05-2011, 09:34 PM
I am like Kathi, in that I dress to please myself, not the rest of the world! That said, I would guess that my style is mostly conservative, with a lot of comfort thrown in!! Oh yes, I do wear mini skirts frequently!!

Linda Stockings
03-05-2011, 10:21 PM
My preference when I'm out and about is to appear elegant and sophisticated with plenty of the "only a woman can wear that" kind of look. For example, a classy looking form fitting business skirt suit, sheer hosiery, well applied makeup, and sexy heels anywhere from 3 1/2 to 4 inches. I save the streetwalker looks like 5 to 6 inch heels with way too much makeup for inside the house.

Linda

Jessica_Dillon
03-05-2011, 10:25 PM
Kathi's right. All about comfort. For me though...give me a skirt and I'll almost always be happy. Except that I can't always find a good matching top...in which I'll go for a dress!

Tina B.
03-05-2011, 10:36 PM
I try for soft and romantic, but sadly, like Karren, it comes off as "old bat", well really, it's "fat old bat", but I will will answer to "old bat".
Tina B.

Allison1
03-05-2011, 11:11 PM
Way street walker sexy, but I like to be elegant sometimes.

katesometimes
03-05-2011, 11:15 PM
I don't go out and primarily dress for my wife...therefore I tend more towards street walker sexy. If I went out en femme, I'd probably dress way more conservative sexy.

-Tatyana

GinaD
03-05-2011, 11:19 PM
I get the most enjoyment going out in public streetwalker sexy! I probably look ridiculous but it gets my heart pumping! I decided when I first started going out in public that I was going to dress the same way I would if a real girl, and I'm a little trashy at heart.

marny
03-05-2011, 11:59 PM
Love to wear a short skirt to show off some pretty nice pegs. but mostly go the librarian route to camoflage a generous midsection! Do what you gotta do!

Cynthia Anne
03-06-2011, 12:23 AM
I'm a redneck girl! I just don't have a baby on my hip!

Samantha W
03-06-2011, 12:24 AM
I tend to wear what I think looks sexy on GGs. So I would call it the Sexy Club Look. Also, I love high heels. I don’t even own anything less than a 5 inch heel.

Stephanie Miller
03-06-2011, 12:54 AM
Scoot over Karen.... make room for one more :sad:

docrobbysherry
03-06-2011, 01:08 AM
Unfortunately, it also means I have no "style" or "class"!:devil:

TGMarla
03-06-2011, 01:26 AM
I primarily wear vintage dresses from the 70s through the 90s. I like what I wear to be elegant, tasteful, and suitably feminine.

I guess I'm an old bat, too.

LilSissyStevie
03-06-2011, 01:52 AM
I guess you could call it neo-Rococo:love:

Diane Smith
03-06-2011, 01:57 AM
I like to say my favored look is "artistic." I wear pretty elegant (though not conservative) clothes for the most part, but I like to add splashes of color like bright red shoes. My makeup is nowhere near hookerish but again, I do pretty bold lips a lot of the time. And I always wear very high (but fancy and expensive looking) heels as well as tattoos and piercings. I like to say I dress to be the owner of a trendy art gallery. Works for me!

- Diane

Tanya C
03-06-2011, 02:29 AM
I would best describe my style as "career girl", somewhere between semi-casual and semi-dressy.

Avana
03-06-2011, 02:35 AM
somewhere between boho, androgynous glam rocker, and modern, sleek high fashion

Kittie
03-06-2011, 03:23 AM
My style is shall we say heavily 'musically orientated'.

MargaretJ
03-06-2011, 06:46 AM
Depending on what I am going to wear for a session en femme, I have looks such as MILF, Office, Party Girl. My main intention would be to look like a normal everyday middle aged woman, and nothing over the top or overtly sexual.

Kate Simmons
03-06-2011, 07:28 AM
My style? What you see is what you get, pretty much.:heehee:

JaytoJillian
03-06-2011, 08:04 AM
hmmmm, I try to dress to blend when I do manage to get out--that's usually clubwear, but sometimes it's just a matter of taking a drive, getting gas or picking some cosmetics at the drug store. Definitely casual dress in those cases--Jeans, boots, cute top and a cardigan

Raychel
03-06-2011, 08:09 AM
I prefer to dress kinda classy. Longer nice dresses, ect.
I certainly would not blend in anywhere. If I were to go out like I prefer to dress I would stick out like a sore thumb.

christinac
03-06-2011, 08:11 AM
You can be elegant and conservative and still be extremely sexy at the same time without being trashy.

Sara Jessica
03-06-2011, 09:17 AM
Sexy? I kinda have trouble with that....

Oh now you're giving me a complex!!! ;)

You can be elegant and conservative and still be extremely sexy at the same time without being trashy.

This kind of sums up what I was saying with respect to the "s" word. Does it speak to what I find attractive or people in general? Doesn't matter so much. It just happens that my own signature style can sometimes be...dare I say?...sexy.

To paraphrase something said to me by a new friend I met a couple weeks ago, "rock what you have going for you". I think she means to emphasize your positives, embrace them, take ownership and be proud...something I've believed for years. So if I have certain assets to be proud of, I'm more than happy to rock them, in a stylish way of course.

NicoleScott
03-06-2011, 09:22 AM
Over-the-top. But tasteful. Yes, some see that as oxymoronic. I try for glamorously overdone: too much makeup (for some - just right for me), eyelashes too long, red lips too dark, eye makeup too bold, skirts too short, heels too high, jewelry too glittery, nails too long, etc. but all in good taste. I know, it can't be done. But my mirror sees things differently than yours.

ReneeT
03-06-2011, 09:45 AM
A good friend of mine i met through this site (yes Aeify, i am talking about you!) summed my style up perfectly - "ladies who lunch". I had never heard the term before, but it really fits me. I think it captures the stylish, sophisticated aspects.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ladies_who_lunch

I love what Kathi said about "sexy"- sexy to whom? It makes me think that i won't be using that term to describe myself anymore!

Samantha43
03-06-2011, 09:58 AM
I love what Kathi said about "sexy"- sexy to whom? It makes me think that i won't be using that term to describe myself anymore!

I guess I should change the title below my name! :D

PretzelGirl
03-06-2011, 12:40 PM
I have always preferred to blend. I lean casual but am also conservative when going dressier. And when I do dress up more, it is either at home, at a group meeting, or for an appropriate event. So for daily out and about trips, I am definitely dressed down.

Rachel05
03-06-2011, 02:47 PM
I am an elegant and conservative with a wish to try street walker

Sophie_C
03-06-2011, 03:12 PM
Neither. Just sort of fresh, casual and new. Maybe a little bit flirty, when I feel like it.

stephiemont
03-06-2011, 03:30 PM
I dress down. I like knitwear, longer skirts, hold ups, Clarks shoes and make up. Don't like high heels, the tarty look and so on. Like to look 'county'.
Stephie M.

shaq91
03-06-2011, 03:35 PM
Sexy for sure, I love high heels, mini skirts, and short dresses! :)

Debra Russell
03-06-2011, 03:37 PM
Casual but classy is the way I like to present but will expand to dressy elegant when I get the chance!

BLUE ORCHID
03-06-2011, 05:58 PM
Hi Phoebe, Answer C. All the above.

Orchid

Jessica86
03-06-2011, 06:41 PM
I love to be a piece of eye candy. I want to be the one every one is looking at. Jessica is sexy, naughty, and hooked on attention!

LitaKelley
03-06-2011, 07:15 PM
Hmm... hyper feminine girly girl :)

Simply_Vanessa
03-06-2011, 07:36 PM
geez...I have so many styles :3

I have preppy abercrombie polos...some second hand hipster style clothing...but sometimes I just wanna turn up the heat and rock something a little racy ;) wish I could pick just one!

Pythos
03-06-2011, 08:15 PM
Exotic, gothic, FREEEEEEK!!! LOL.

Wendy_Marie
03-06-2011, 08:39 PM
I try to be Conservative with a touch of trendy in as well...It is my hope to blend in as well as possible and things like wearing a evening attire in the middle of the day just scream look at me....
I do have my moments of dressing sexy, but they are usually for the bedroom with the exception oft his one time when I went out to a local club...Enfemme..had nothing to lose so I went all out.

Crissy Kay
03-06-2011, 08:39 PM
Like doc, I"m a closet girl, so my style is sissy!!!

AriannaH
03-06-2011, 09:18 PM
My style is mostly conservative.

Kathi Lake
03-06-2011, 11:27 PM
Kathi's right. All about comfort.Well, it's not all about comfort! Some of my clothes are not quite as comfortable as jeans, a t-shirt, and an old pair of Keds. To me, it's all about the mood, the feel, . . . the pretty, so to speak. When my clothes are pretty, I feel pretty. No, they don't make me pretty, but the feeling of slipping into a nice dress or a wonderful pair of pumps isn't one of comfort, but I feel comforted by them. Does that make sense?

Oh now you're giving me a complex!!! ;)Eep! I had a feeling that I might be stepping into something, here. Put it down to being in Kevlar and chem gear for untold hours over the past few days. You did know that gas masks led to oxygen deprivation, right? :)

Sara, no complex needed. I understand totally where you're coming from, and, it makes sense. You're thinking of sexy on an internalized sense. You wear what makes you feel vibrant, alive, . . . sexy. It's not a 'Come and get it!' kind of sexy, but more of a 'Sigh. Mmmmmmmm' sexy, right? Or am I off-base again? Either way, time for this old broad to go to bed.

Kathi

Sara Jessica
03-07-2011, 09:29 AM
Eep! I had a feeling that I might be stepping into something, here. Put it down to being in Kevlar and chem gear for untold hours over the past few days. You did know that gas masks led to oxygen deprivation, right? :)

Sara, no complex needed. I understand totally where you're coming from, and, it makes sense. You're thinking of sexy on an internalized sense. You wear what makes you feel vibrant, alive, . . . sexy. It's not a 'Come and get it!' kind of sexy, but more of a 'Sigh. Mmmmmmmm' sexy, right? Or am I off-base again? Either way, time for this old broad to go to bed.

Kathi

Wow, you actually hit the nail right on the head, so to speak. You managed to express a part of my essence better than I ever could have.

As an example, put it into the context of any other woman out there who might feel just a smidgen more pretty by wearing something that no one else can see. It could be a pretty bra and panty set or something a little more racy underneath her outer attire. Neither of those say "come and get it" but at the same time, they might make her feel a little more vibrant & alive as you put it. And it's for these reasons that my bras/undies don't come from plastic packages and my nylons don't come out of eggs!!! ;)

Kathi Lake
03-07-2011, 05:56 PM
Wow, you actually hit the nail right on the head, so to speak. You managed to express a part of my essence better than I ever could have.Yeah, I'm great at hitting things on the head - though usually it's myself. You'd think this old broad would learn, "if a drawer is open and you drop something, be careful when straightening up!" :)

As I said, I do understand. If you remember a post from wayyyyyyy back (this one (http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?106438)), I actually used that word on and about myself. How did I mean it? Exactly as I said this time. It's a kind of internalized sensuality - not for others, but more for yourself. Your bra and panty set analogy is right on. Others don't need to know what you have on, but you know, and that's all that matters. You feel prettier when you try, so to speak.

And it's for these reasons that my bras/undies don't come from plastic packages and my nylons don't come out of eggs!!! ;)That definitely qualified for a LOL! :) I agree; on intimates that matter, I tend to spring for the ones that make me feel good. Sure, utility is good, but I save that for most of my boy stuff.

Kathi

kimdl93
03-07-2011, 06:06 PM
My "style" is dictated by the situaton. Most work days (at home) I tend towards what I'd characterize as business casual, or professional, and frankly, I like the look. But pool side, I'll wear a bikini top and short skirt or linen beach pants. And as noted above, regardless of how I'm dressed, I'm particular about my bras/undies!

Kendra (Tx)
03-07-2011, 07:36 PM
I've run the gamit from "Comfy" to "Soccer Mom" to "Sexy" all the way to "Elegant", Even with a bit of "Professional" ( Not THAT kind of profession either...:heehee: )..I just love all styles female

http://www.kendra954.com

Frédérique
03-07-2011, 09:46 PM
What's your style? Elegant and Conservative or Street Walker Sexy?

Conservative, somewhat “preppy,” I suppose. I prefer skirts with a blouse and a sweater, simple flat shoes and equally simple hosiery. This ensemble can border on elegant, but sexiness isn’t required or desired. There’s a lot going on INSIDE, so the clothes serve as a containment vessel, expressing a certain satisfaction while not drawing attention. All this helps me to pass, but passability is not my ultimate goal – I just want to enjoy what I choose to wear, and be happy...

BTW, I walk the streets now and then, but I assure you I'm quite respectable...:heehee:

Byron
03-11-2011, 07:40 PM
I am a Gothic Queen. > : )

Anne2345
03-11-2011, 08:17 PM

Kathi

I see that I am not the first to say this about Kathi's post, but very well stated. First, I doubt that anyone, of either gender, would find me sexy. Second, I do not care, as long as I believe that about myself (or at least talk myself into believing it :)). Last, I do this for myself, because I enjoy it immensely. But if I had to label myself with a style, my intent is that it be classy and sophisticated. Of course, a girl is entitled to keep some of her dressing style habits a secret, though? Right? :battingeyelashes:

Jena Fox
03-11-2011, 08:29 PM
I try to be cute, youthful, sexy, and fun.

sweetjan
03-11-2011, 08:47 PM
I like to be comfortable first. Then sexy of course.

t-girlxsophie
03-11-2011, 10:22 PM
I would say my style is "classy" but not conservative,to me that just cries out Booooring! i love pencil skirts,soft knit sweaters and silk blouses,and of course nylons and heels.At home I still have my moments when I dress younger with lowcut tops and short skirts which my wife still likes to see me wear