PDA

View Full Version : Renaissance Faire

Brenda2246
03-06-2011, 01:49 AM
Hi all,

Wanting to know if any have experience the Renaissance Fair in Southern California while in drag. If so, what was your experience. Want to know the good, bad and the ugly. Thanks.

Hugs, Brenda

Stephanie-L
03-06-2011, 05:52 PM
It depends, are you going as a guest or an actor? I never did the faire en femme but did attend many times and had a lot of friends who worked it. If you are going as a guest then I doubt the actors will care one way or the other, you are just another mark for them. You may get some funny looks from the other guests, but this is So.Cal., so people are used to seeing people who are "different", and the faire is one of the places where those "differences" are more visible than many other places. If you are going as a cast member, then that is a different story. You would have to get past the audition en femme among other things. Again, if you can play your character well en femme, I doubt the others would care much. I do know that there are a few members of this forum that do attend other faires en femme, including one who plays female fairy characters ala "Midsummer Night's Dream". Good luck and let us know how it goes. I do really miss the So Cal Faire, it was lots of fun and those were good friends.........Stephanie

LitaKelley
03-06-2011, 09:08 PM
Never been there, nor know anything about it, but here in my neck of the woods, there's King Richard's Faire (http://kingrichardsfaire.net/) and I've always loved the medieval dress style of wenches and maidens, etc and can't wait to go this year as a woman.

Brenda2246
03-07-2011, 09:13 PM
Thank you for your input! Now I just need to find a nice dress for it, any ideas? :)

docrobbysherry
03-07-2011, 09:52 PM
Isn't it held at a location and at a time of the year where temps get DOWN to 100 degrees at midnite? Seems a bikini would more suitable than a heavy medieval costume?