PDA

View Full Version : Why women make great surgeons ...

ashlylynn
03-06-2011, 04:11 AM
So just tonight I was showing "someone" how to put on eyeliner
because when I came home he was sorta en-femme and looked
like a 3 year old used his eyes as a coloring book

( you know how they go outside the lines )

He could not keep his hands steady to do that.

I just realized that women have developed fine motor skills in hands
from years of putting on eyeliner. lol Never thought of that before!

Have any of you m2f's experienced this difficulty?

Phoebe P.
03-06-2011, 04:30 AM
Bless your heart! Hope you didn't poke your eye out! Goodness yes, girl!

Kittie
03-06-2011, 04:36 AM
Nope, comes naturally and my hobbies include painting, drawing and playing guitar. One is good with ones hands. <3 Cute though!

Kate Simmons
03-06-2011, 07:30 AM
Maybe Hon but when it comes to "rocket science" now that is just a whole nother ball game.:)

Roberta Marie
03-06-2011, 07:53 AM
It took me a while to master eyeliner, but I almost have it down, now, but only on top. Can't quite get the hang of the bottom. It's the mascara that I still have big issues with. It seems that I end up either poking myself in the eye, or I end up with a big smudge somewhere around my eye, or sometimes, both.

I was amazed the other day when a car in front of me stopped at a red light, and within seconds the driver had out her mascara as was quickly applying it while looking in the rear view mirror. She got both eyes done before the light turned green. If that was me, I probably would have had the brush sticking from my eyeball.

Tina B.
03-06-2011, 07:53 AM
Yes, I remember when I first started wearing makeup, eye liner took sometime to master. it's not the hand eye thing so much, it's working around the eyes that worried me, between that sharp pencil, and that eye lash curler, learning to do the eyes was painful. But after all this years, and cut a fine of line as anybody, but I'll leave the scalpel to the pro's.
Tina B.
Oh and Denise, girls are doing better in math and science this days than boys are, so maybe even Rocket science.

ReneeT
03-06-2011, 08:30 AM
Interesting......i am a surgeon and wear eyeliner (go figure!). I think it took me almost as long to become proficient at liner as it did to complete my residency. I think eyeliner is more fun, and i have not yet been sued for screwing it up! I have however, got into trouble for not being thorough enough in removing every last trace....

Ashlylynn, it sounds like you are a supportive SO - bless your heart!

NicoleScott
03-06-2011, 09:11 AM
According to this blonde, applying eyeliner is not rocket surgery.

Julogden
03-06-2011, 09:21 AM
I've never had trouble with eyeliner, but I was an aspiring artist in my younger years and had learned how to draw or paint a straight line long before trying eyeliner.

Carol

Karren H
03-06-2011, 09:28 AM
Its called more practice. Being good at something has very little to do with gender.... Unless your talking about having babies. Then females win! Lol

Cynthia Anne
03-06-2011, 09:43 AM
Its called more practice. Being good at something has very little to do with gender.... Unless your talking about having babies. Then females win! Lol

Could it be that females have more practice at having babies? I wear eye liner daily!

NicoleScott
03-06-2011, 09:52 AM
Could it be that females have more practice at having babies?

No. Even those who have never done it before still do it better than men.

Samantha43
03-06-2011, 10:03 AM
Practice makes perfect!

That's why I practice as much as possible!

Cynthia Anne
03-06-2011, 10:10 AM
No. Even those who have never done it before still do it better than men.

I guess I had that coming! Sad thing is that you are right!

Sophie86
03-07-2011, 10:49 AM
I think the advantage with surgery still goes to men. To cut someone open and rummage around in their insides takes a certain kind of arrogance most often found in males. :heehee:

The biggest problem I have in putting on eyeliner is being able to see without my reading glasses. I have a magnifying mirror that helps, but I have to hold it with one hand, draw the line with my other hand, and use my other hand to pull the wrinkles out of my eyelid.