PDA

View Full Version : Wives say the darnedest things !

Tina B.
03-06-2011, 09:24 AM
This weekend the wife and I where getting the house ready for a Tea Party for an 8 year old girl, we fixed pastries, cookies, and finger sandwiches, filled with the things children love. The table was done up with the best linens, fine china, and flowers, the girls even got to bring there favorite doll, who also had a place set at the table. The occasion, was to allow the 8 year old, to order her own American Girl doll, a big thing grandpa, I've been told. She got to pick what color hair, eyes hair style, it's kind of cool. It will get here in time for her Birthday party. But as to what the wife said that still has me smiling.
I was digging out the fine china, from a closet we have in the dinning room, I had shelfed it to hold all her kitchen /dinning surplus. I noticed the closet is becoming very crowded, and mentioned it to the wife, I might have had a little more tack than to say, I think you must own every kitchen gadget known to man, and don't use half of it, we should get rid of some of this junk, you've collected to much of it! She just looked up at me and smiled sweetly as she shoved the knife in with "Oh, that's rich for a person that has a complete wardrobe in two different genders" I sheepishly withdrew from the battle field meekly replying, true, but I don't have a complete wardrobe in two genders, I'm short on a few mens things, I don't even own a suit. Due to her kindness, I was allowed to get out of the room in one piece.
Tina B.

Cynthia Anne
03-06-2011, 10:03 AM
You gotta love it! Perhaps you should take the hint! Good Will, will be glad to take your male clothing!

Cheryl T
03-06-2011, 10:10 AM
My wife keeps telling me (like it's a western duel) "This closet's not big enough for the two of us"....lol.

Now it's become 1 new item in 1 old item out...just to maintain the space.

Raychel
03-06-2011, 10:12 AM
Funny the things they will say sometimes. I had a similar experience when packing for a recent trip. My wife could not imaginge all the thing I was takling. I am always on her about packing too much. She did not miss the opertunity to get back at me. :heehee:

Christy_M
03-06-2011, 11:33 AM
That is too funny. My wife will tell me to take my "new found girl and go..." do dishes or vacuum or insert any other task typically performed by her. Of course all in jest but how can I say no?

Debglam
03-06-2011, 11:46 AM
It's funny. My wife is great with all of this but I think the thing that bothers her the most about CD'ing is me spending money on yet another "hobby!" She has got a point. . .

Haley Heather
03-06-2011, 11:48 AM
It's funny. My wife is great with all of this but I think the thing that bothers her the most about CD'ing is me spending money on yet another "hobby!" She has got a point. . .

it's shoes that are getting me in trouble :(

Cristi
03-06-2011, 12:53 PM
I'll try to avoid that same discussion with my wife, because I'd lose. My wardrobe is MUCH more complete for Cristi than it is for my male self. Cristi has skirt suits, casual skirt, dresses and lingere in every color and style imaginable.
My male wardrobe consists of a half dozen pair of dockers, a few dress shirts, polo shirts and T shirts. Very drab.

If a stranger were to inventory all my clothes, they might conclude that I was a woman who occasionally liked to put on a pair of men's pants. :)

Shoes? My male self has a pair of sneakers, a pair of slippers and a pair of hiking boots.
Cristi, on the other hand, has several pairs of heels and flats in all colors and heel sizes, and I still don't feel like I have what it takes to go with all my outfits.

Tina B.
03-06-2011, 07:58 PM
Cynthia, I'm not so sure she had my male clothes in mind when she make the comment, they don't take near as much room as my female clothes do. Cheryl, we have tried the one in one method, but we both cheat, on the one out part.
Rachael, I know what you mean, I've gone from a lg shaving kit, to a travel make up case, just for the extra room.
Deb, I solved that one, I gave up all the other hobbies, this one cost enough.
Shoes, and to many skirts and blouses, is my weakness.
Well it's nice to hear that this kinds of talks happen to others as well. next time I want to have a talk like that, I think I will just smile, and curtsy politely and back out of the room.

Melissa Jill
03-06-2011, 08:04 PM
Cynthia, I'm not so sure she had my male clothes in mind when she make the comment, they don't take near as much room as my female clothes do.

It was a joke she was making, as by getting rid of all your male stuff, you would only have female clothes and so would "have to" dress up every day.

Jenny Wilson
03-06-2011, 11:29 PM
Cheryl, didn't your wife mean to say, "My wife keeps telling me (like it's a western duel) "This closet's not big enough for the three of us."

Jenny

Misti
03-07-2011, 01:51 AM
Cute thread,
I'm "just now" starting to throw out some of my men's clothing to make room for the new things Misti just bought this past week (with her wife's help); all at the wife's insistence, of course? Sigh, "Oh the joy of it all!" :battingeyelashes:
Love,
Misti

insearchofme
03-07-2011, 10:51 AM
My wife said the "darnest thing" the other day also. She is ok with me wearing night gowns, has purshased most of the ones I own. We were walking down and isle in Kolhs and she past a very sexy black nigh gown, very short and sheer with molded cups. I said "You can get me that for my birthday!" She shot me the "look" and said "I'm not getting you that for your birthday!"

I guess that qualifies as a "darn thing". Darn it!

Tina B.
03-07-2011, 01:06 PM
Misti, I have pared my male wardrobe down to the point, my wife look suspicious it I throw out something worn out, she already knows I could give one of my wardrobes if the rest of my world didn't care, and it would be the smaller of the two wardrobes.lol. Dana, my wife buys me some real pretty things, a full length black flowing halter top night gown for Christmas for instance, Elegant, but never too sexy. But I take what I get and feel sexy anyway.
Tina B

Diana Rae
03-07-2011, 03:10 PM
We're blessed with a very large walk-in closet. Its got a lot in it but its only about 60% full. However I'm working on it. Wink!!

kristinacd55
03-07-2011, 03:36 PM
Yea, my wife says there's 3 sets of clothes in this closet!! We're running out of room! I just said, honey look the male wardrobe is rapidly shrinking!

Tina B.
03-07-2011, 04:27 PM
sorry I didn't mean to post twice.

Don't think a shrinking male wardrobe is what the wife would like to see happen, but in truth that is what is happening. I just don't replace things that wear out anymore.
Tina B.

kimmy p
03-07-2011, 05:22 PM
You know it's not all of our fault.... I keep TRYING to get rid of my male things, but those darned social conventions keep popping up their ugly head.

Babeba
03-07-2011, 05:33 PM
Wait- my so dressing means I can have all the cooking gadget s I want? Sold!

VanessaVW
03-07-2011, 05:47 PM

Same here, i think. She's much more concerned about cash going out than dressing. Heck, she's never said anything negative about anything I've purchased.

stephanie203
03-07-2011, 06:52 PM
My wife who is bi and has a girlfriend too, has absolutely NO idea I like women's clothes or have the feelings and fantasies I do and has several times out of the blue totally caught me off guard saying she'd like to pur makeup on me or paint my toenails and because I was caught off guard I automatically went defensive and absolutely refused. She hasn't said anything like that in a long time but I hope I'm thinking a little clearer the next time because I'm taking her up on it. She's into kinky and taboo stuff and is always interested in other's alternative life styles so I'm pretty sure she'd get into it and enjoy herself but it mreans me risking having her possibly seeing me different or as less of a man.

kimdl93
03-07-2011, 07:10 PM
hmmmmm, I have a hunch your wife knows more than you think. As most of us can attest, its hard to conceal yourself from a loved one - and at some point, you'll probably have to acknowledge yourself to her.

Tina B.
03-08-2011, 06:59 AM
Babeba, not sure it works every time, but sure has worked for my wife, she gets a new food processor, and I get a new dress!
Stephanie, it sounds to me like you have the prefect playmate, not sure I would wait for her to bring it up, get a bottle of wine, get loose, get silly, and you bring it up, if she wants to play, she should jump on it. As far as changing the way she sees you, bring Bi, she might just find it an improvement.

GG Kathy
03-08-2011, 07:56 AM
i was talking with my SO the other day and the conversation of heights came up. He is afraid of them but said something about wanting to zip line. I politely reminded him of that fact. He looked at me and said I wonder if Torrey is afraid of heights and I replied without think that she probably isn't due to the 5" heels she like to wear.

5150 Girl
03-08-2011, 12:23 PM
Clearly you need to flip on the Food Network, and introduce your wife to Alton Brown, host of "Good Eats"
"There's only room for one unitasker in my kitchen" (a fire extingisher)
Granted, AB has a lot of toys in his kitchen I've never even herd of previously, but, none of them go to waste and they show up in many difent aplicaions from time to time

Norma_CD
03-08-2011, 09:01 PM
she gets a new food processor, and I get a new dress!

I wouldn't mind getting both myself.

Tina B.
03-09-2011, 10:26 AM
Norma, the nice thing is, I get to use her food processor, but I don't have to share the dress, we are different sizes, besides shes such a tomboy that she is rough on clothes. But then she would never want to wear the dress anyway, I haven't seen her in one for years.
Tina B.