PDA

View Full Version : Caught in mascara

Erika_girliegirl
03-06-2011, 11:31 AM
Has anyone been caught after wearing mascara?

I havent worn it much anymore, due to the fact the last time i did I was at a friends house watching football and drinking beers when his wife came in and looked at me with a puzzled look. She then said why did you shape your eyebrows and wearing mascara? Me in front of my friend and all was just like what? I don't know what your talking about? She then just walked away. This has happened to me more than once. To think about it I think she has caught me more than once. But never really said anything else about it.

So how do you get mascara off completely? I usually sit there washing my eyelashes with makeup remover and pulling them with a towel or toilet paper.

Haley Heather
03-06-2011, 11:34 AM
I use garnier nutri pure oil free towelettes.

Melissa Jill
03-06-2011, 11:38 AM
Johnsons baby gel/oil

Rogina B
03-06-2011, 11:42 AM
Well Erika, please keep us informed how it all turns out with your friend and his wife and anyone else...lol This is going to get interesting...you may as well have gone in the kitchen with her and asked her advice on getting the mascara off and whether she likes your new brows...LOL! What's the difference? She knows anyway!! It will get interesting,please keep us up on it!

Karren H
03-06-2011, 12:04 PM
Caught?? I wear brown L'oreal feather lash all the time and no ones says a thing. To get eye makeup off completely I use Neutrogeneas oil free eye makeup remover. Takes off anything and everything off yet its gentle.

Patrice_CD
03-06-2011, 12:22 PM
Funny how women notice these things and men don't. You've been sitting with your buddies for awhile and none of them say anything. Your friends wife comes in and within seconds out's you. I'ts that 6th sense again LOL.... Guess it also depends on how much your wearing. I'm wearing just a hint today, just enough to give a bit of definition between the lashes. I too am interested to hear how all this plays out.

Robynts
03-06-2011, 12:23 PM
That pesky mascara, that is how my 17 year old daughter ended up busting me. Left her make-up remover towels on my bathroom sink with a note saying "you need these more than I do, look at your eyes." Ouch.

Haley Heather
03-06-2011, 12:25 PM
That pesky mascara, that is how my 17 year old daughter ended up busting me. Left her make-up remover towels on my bathroom sink with a note saying "you need these more than I do, look at your eyes." Ouch.

that actually sounds pretty cute :)

teather
03-06-2011, 12:26 PM
Hmm... Its happened to me a few times too - first time experimenting with black waterproof mascara - I washed my face and dried it on a white towel without checking first and left some telltale black smudges on it. Most recently, I thought I'd done a good job of washing it all off. When my wife came in she took one look at me and the first thing she jokingly said was 'Have you been at my mascara?' (Ha ha...) I use Johnsons baby lotion with white tissue until I cant make out any traces of dark colour.

Cristi
03-06-2011, 01:03 PM
I can never manage to get eye liner or mascara totally off. I've looked in the mirror at work a few times and noticed bits of dark eye liner, or that my lashes are still longer/fuller than normal, but if anybody else has notice, they haven't said anything.

Mary Morgan
03-06-2011, 01:06 PM
Karren is right on this. It is the best thing I have found to remove my makeup and not irritate my eyelids.

Rachel Morley
03-06-2011, 01:50 PM
She then said why did you shape your eyebrows and wearing mascara?
(Sigh) ... this always happens doesn't it? .... and I don't mean being "caught" wearing makeup, but that someone notices and then almost "demands" to know why? ... almost like you broke some house rule or something.

I've even had strangers ask me that question! In this situation I suppose the person thought she knew you well enough to be able to ask, but still, why you do whatever you do, is your business. IMHO you shouldn't have to answer that question or justify your actions ... it's your prerogative as why you did it and it doesn't require a "reason" or that you have to say why.

Kelli Jo
03-06-2011, 02:30 PM
Happened to me too. Thought I took it all off, my friends wife asked me if I had eyeliner on, i said no she smied and said looks good.

Joanne f
03-06-2011, 04:02 PM
I got caught many years ago( some where around 30 yrs) buy a sister inlaw , i was asked " have you got mascara on" i said no it must be soot from when i cleaned a chimney :D, don`t think i got away with it somehow :heehee:, now i just do not care what people think of the eye makeup .

Ann Thomas
03-06-2011, 04:13 PM
Lmao! Yeah, I had this happen last fall! I put on mascara (blue) and did my lashes. Forgot about it. Changed and went to work - one of my co-workers spotted it from like 30 feet away and soon the whole shop was coming by to look at me! About 10 guys, and it's a blue collar shop! I made the excuse that it was trying out a costume for Halloween. Didn't work. Now I get all the 'girly' jobs, like the time they gave me the pink tile to cut.

But, I've had the last laugh, as I'm one of the best now in the shop, and they also give me all the hard jobs. See the picture below for example. I cut most of this - it's a floor mat about 4 feet across and I think it's somewhere in Camp Pendleton.

Hugs,
Ann

JenniferR771
03-06-2011, 04:20 PM
Years ago the wife was out of town, and I did some makeup at night. Next day a guy at works asks if I am wearing mascara. I said my wife and I must have rubbed together in bed. Sure.
My wife catches me at times--she knows--but dislikes it.
Yesterday I used some new eye makeup remover from Artistry by Amway. Worked fine, but maybe I scrubbed too hard or opened my left eye too soon. It was irritated and itchy for 24 hours.

Cynthia Anne
03-06-2011, 04:23 PM
Oh yes! Been caught many times! I try hard not to be caught without mascara!

Rogina B
03-06-2011, 04:34 PM
All I was alluding to was that Erika wasn't fooling his friend's wife...Cat is out of the bag...The why of it all doesn't matter..And it will soon become pillow talk[or has] LOL.

Debglam
03-06-2011, 05:12 PM
The Neutrogena works well - but maybe not well enough! I thought that I had been cleaning up pretty well however my wife and I were travelling recently and one of the hotels had complimentary make-up remover wipes in the bathroom. She brought them home and handed them to me when we were unpacking saying "maybe THESE will take your mascara off." :eek:

Jilmac
03-06-2011, 05:21 PM
Being nearsighted, I never was able to to eye makeup including mascara, but I've been caught wearing my femme eye glasses (forgetting to change into my male frames), also I have been caught at times still wearing my nail polish.

Zoe Preston
03-06-2011, 05:21 PM
I just use Nivea Lotion on the eyes. No problems. Carefully dab a bit on a rub gently with a tissue - or smother your eyes and rub like hell if you're in a hurry :eek:

It's the smears of foundation on the towel that's the giveaway :doh: You always think you've got it all off... you've wiped your face with a facecloth a 100 times... but that towel will always find a spot you missed :D

Zoe

Teri Jean
03-06-2011, 05:22 PM
Prior to transitioning I thought I was being careful but was busted by a female co-worker. Although she spotted it she was polite and did not say anything. Now we share make up and jewelry catalogs and are BFF.

Molly Wells
03-06-2011, 07:25 PM
When I was just out of High School (many years ago) I was working in a shop that produced a product for a local company. The product was make from graphite and the process used grinders. Needless to say there was graphite everywhere around there. Once, while working there I had to go to the Dr. because I had gotten something in my eye (not at work). This Dr. had been our family Dr. since I was an infant. When he looked at my eyes with his magnifier he asked me if I had been wearing mascara! Though I did CD, at that point in time I had never tried make up. Graphite is harder to remove than mascara, and there was still some around my eyelashes! I found out years later that he made an entry into my medical record that he thought I might have been wearing mascara. A long time ago, and I am sure I was a bigger worry then than now. LOL
Molly

PantyhoseTV
03-06-2011, 07:33 PM
Has anyone been caught after wearing mascara?

I havent worn it much anymore, due to the fact the last time i did I was at a friends house watching football and drinking beers when his wife came in and looked at me with a puzzled look. She then said why did you shape your eyebrows and wearing mascara? Me in front of my friend and all was just like what? I don't know what your talking about? She then just walked away. This has happened to me more than once. To think about it I think she has caught me more than once. But never really said anything else about it.

So how do you get mascara off completely? I usually sit there washing my eyelashes with makeup remover and pulling them with a towel or toilet paper.

Well, I dress everyday.......so I have been caught in mascara and eyeliner numerous times.:eek: But I eventually just forgot about the encounters and said oh well. Sometimes I get lazy with the makeup remover and there is some residue left over. My family has even said something about it, and I just shrug and laugh. My family still doesnt know about my transgender status. I think its kinda funny actually. Hope this advice helps. :heehee:

xoxo,
Breanna

Erika_girliegirl
03-06-2011, 08:24 PM
thank you all for the advice.. ill try it out and keep you posted if i hear anything else from the friends wife

BLUE ORCHID
03-06-2011, 08:31 PM
O'Yea my wife caught me a couple times that and lipstick stains too.

Orchid

GingerLeigh
03-06-2011, 08:34 PM
Bloody mascara and eyeliner. That stuff is so hard to remove. I went to work once with "traces" of it on my eyes. It was noticed by as co-worker. She stood closer to me than usual when talking and was looking in my eyes a little more intensely than usual. Did she notice? You bet. I'm already under suspicion. This was probably proof for them.

ginger

Wendy_Marie
03-06-2011, 08:47 PM
I have had it pointed out to me several times by others and yes all of them were Genetic Females....In all but one case I just said oh thank you and excused myself to the bath room to wash my face a little better.
In the other case like you stated I denied that it was mascara and said it had to have been oil or grease from working on the car. A flimsy excuse is still an excuse and it was never brought up again.

donnatracey
03-06-2011, 10:10 PM
I can see many of us have been "caught"! Like to wear eye shadow (not too dark) as well as occasional eye liner and mascara. Yes, it is hard to remove completely esp if you are in a hurry. So far no one has said anything to me....:heehee:

Of course, there was that 1X at work a few years back when a female co-worker said something about my lips looking red.....darn that cherry lapstick....:eek:...at least that's what I mumbled to her. Good thing it was first thing in the morning and no one else had noticed.....that may have not gone too well, otherwise....:o

Made sure to check the mirror more closely before leaving the house....

Christy_M
03-06-2011, 10:14 PM
But, I've had the last laugh, as I'm one of the best now in the shop, and they also give me all the hard jobs. See the picture below for example. I cut most of this - it's a floor mat about 4 feet across and I think it's somewhere in Camp Pendleton.

Hugs,
Ann

Ooh Rah from a former Marine...that looks great.

I got caught when I was 15 going into home room when a kid I barely knew said something from clear across the room "Hey, what you do, forget to wipe off your mom's make-up last night?" And of course all the chuckles and smirks from everyone until I bolted across the room and proceeded to pummel him until people pulled me off. Apparently I was a little more sensitive back then. I have to admit though, noone ever asked me about make-up again...and the truth was "it wasn't my mom's, it was my sister's!"

Melinda G
03-06-2011, 10:20 PM
Just tell people you're in a rock band.

Julogden
03-07-2011, 01:28 PM
It happened to me once. Back when I was 20, I was visiting a girl who I dated sometimes, and she gave me a quizzical look and asked me if I'd been wearing mascara, guess I didn't get it off completely. I denied it , but I don't think it fooled her.

At the time, she was a senior in high school, and a bit after we stopped dating, we ran into each other and she made it a point to mention to me that she was doing a report at school about crossdressers and transexuals.

Hmmm............she clocked me. She was crazily smart, and is now a lawyer, so I'm about 99.999% sure that she knew.

Carol

Tasha McIntyre
03-09-2011, 11:11 AM
Hi Erika,

Not long ago my 20 yo son and his girlfriend were around. She casually tells me that I was wearing eye makeup, which of course prompted my son to come over for a closer look before I could make a retreat. He gave me a bit of a smile but didn't say anything.

I just use wet wipes and cold cream, which works well when I am diligent.

Tash :)

Sammy
03-09-2011, 11:24 AM
I think it's happened to is all!!! I was caught about twenty years ago by a female collegue at work. I'd been wearing mascara the night before and of course couldn't completely remove it. I brushed it off, saying I could sleep the night before - which was why my eyes were so dark!!! Looks like there's alot of good advice here - I wish I had it twenty years ago!

docrobbysherry
03-09-2011, 11:29 AM
What great stories, girls! Now, I'm SO GLAD that I don't put makeup on my face after reading them!

AKAMichelle
03-09-2011, 05:27 PM
Unfortunately the answer is yes. That is how my boys found out about my cd'ing. I had gotten most of the mascara off, but left some.

britney_me
03-09-2011, 07:10 PM
That's the only reason I never put on make up when I dress up. Just so much work to put on make up and remove it and really never sure if it's totally off.

sara133c
03-09-2011, 07:40 PM
:battingeyelashes::):battingeyelashes::)
(Sigh) ... this always happens doesn't it? .... and I don't mean being "caught" wearing makeup, but that someone notices and then almost "demands" to know why? ... almost like you broke some house rule or something.

I've even had strangers ask me that question! In this situation I suppose the person thought she knew you well enough to be able to ask, but still, why you do whatever you do, is your business. IMHO you shouldn't have to answer that question or justify your actions ... it's your prerogative as why you did it and it doesn't require a "reason" or that you have to say why.

Helen_Highwater
03-09-2011, 07:45 PM
Cotton wool buds amd plenty of elbow grease!

Emma England
03-10-2011, 09:03 AM
Boys wearing makeup is the new fashion, did you not know?

Joanne f
03-10-2011, 09:26 AM
Boys wearing makeup is the new fashion, did you not know?

Yes it is a lot easier for you young ones now but still a bit more dicey when you are getting on in years. :heehee:

cdona20
03-10-2011, 12:29 PM
Take off mascara? Hell I wear mascara and eyeliner in boy mode.

Fab Karen
03-10-2011, 07:21 PM
Just say,"a lot of of us crossdressers do it. Could you get me another beer while you're up?"

AshleyJones
03-11-2011, 08:47 AM
A number of years ago before I even knew what trans was I went through a "punk/goth" phase and would wear eyeliner when I would go out with some of my friends (looking back I realize now that I was just happy for an excuse to wear makeup) and my cousins ran into me once. Ofcourse the whole punk think served as an excuse so he or any of my other cousins have never questioned it as anything more but to this day they still tease me about it. As for removing it I have found that cu-tips seem to work best for any type of makeup even when I helped with theater makeup use a little bit of eye makeup remover and a few cue-tips and it should come right off.

Jasmine Jones NZ
03-21-2011, 06:40 AM
I've been caught a few times but where I worked at the time meant that I could use th excuse of soot from the fire

Fran Moore
03-21-2011, 09:08 AM
Wow, That's very impressive Ann! (The tile more than the mascara story). It must give you a lot of satisfaction to step back after you have finished a job like that! Looks like its the kind of thing that boots don't touch so it will stay looking good for a long time to come. You can come and lay tile at my house anytime!

Suzanne
Lmao! Yeah, I had this happen last fall! I put on mascara (blue) and did my lashes. Forgot about it. Changed and went to work - one of my co-workers spotted it from like 30 feet away and soon the whole shop was coming by to look at me! About 10 guys, and it's a blue collar shop! I made the excuse that it was trying out a costume for Halloween. Didn't work. Now I get all the 'girly' jobs, like the time they gave me the pink tile to cut.

Hugs,
Ann

Sophie86
03-21-2011, 10:02 AM
On the mascara, I was busted by my mom when I was a teen, and by my daughter just last year. Both times I lied my ass off. lol.

On the eyebrow shaping, my sister-in-law recently asked my wife what was going on with my hair. She had noticed that my eyebrows were thinner, and that I had shaved my arms and legs. She thought I was sick or something. My wife told her that I'd just gotten tired of being hairy, which is true enough. I guess she accepted that explanation. What else was she going to do?

Tracii G
03-21-2011, 10:11 AM
Sure I have been caught plenty of times.
Once by a friends GF I was at their business and none of the guys said anything but she said hey come here and she got in real close and looked into my eyes.
She said waterproof mascara? I said did I miss a spot? She said hang on and she pulled a wipe of some sort out of her purse and cleaned it off.
All this was in her office so the guys never saw it,she kinda figured me out which is fine.She has never outed me so far and I love her for that.

5150 Girl
03-21-2011, 12:00 PM
I find the more people know about this side of me, the less I have o worry about getting caught with anything

SandraInHose
03-21-2011, 08:00 PM
LOL, this thread brings up an old memory. I rarely get to dress fully head to toe, and even rarer are the times I'll wear makeup. But one day, the wife was working late, and I got home mid-afternoon (this was long before she knew of my CD'ing, or even suspected it). I enjoyed several hours of total womanization...full makeup, wig, earrings, and completely dressed, too. But as the time for her to come home neared, I reluctantly disrobed and washed off the makeup and carefully put everything away. She called and said she'd be a little late, so with an hour or two to kill, I went to the gym.

When I came back, she had just gotten home. I was all sweaty from working out I walked by her and she does a double-take...and asks me if I was wearing mascara. I acted as cool as one could in that situation, but when I looked in the mirror I could easily see I hadn't quite gotten all of it off. Since my job at the time took me all over the city, I quickly made up a story about working near a factory that day and it must be soot that was stuck in my eyelashes.

She believed me at the time, and never brought it up again until many years later when she knew about my CD'ing. Of course I admitted it then, and we even laugh about how I must have looked to the other guys in the gym that day.

JenniferForFun
03-21-2011, 08:24 PM
probly looked darn good! lol
Just today i couldnt seem to get all of the waterproof stuff off. 2 different removers and a good hot shower. still had some traces left and had to see a few friends today. nothing was said but my shades were on a lot. havent been called out yet but i wait for it all of the time after i dress. its just a matter of time lol. I did see a cashier about a 20 yo girl looked at my eyes a little longer then normal and gave me a big smile. Im sure she knew but it just made me smile back. thats all ok with me.

Donniesr
03-22-2011, 07:13 AM
For some reason, mascara doesn't affect me much, my lashes are so short that is just doesn't do much..I have to wear false lashes..

Jenny Doolittle
03-22-2011, 08:09 AM
The most interesting part about this post is how we think just a little bit of eye makeup, or just a little bit more of an arch in my brows will be fine....No one will notice. Well, I guess in this case you have found your answer. No on died, your buddies are still your buddies and life goes on.

Enjoying life on a roller coaster is much more fun then a long boring drive on the freeway.

Ashlee
03-22-2011, 08:32 AM
I can't wear mascara too much when in guy mode, I have long eyelashes that really stand out when stiffened by mascara. One or 2 strokes of the wand is about max for me. I wash it off w/soap.

Sallee
03-22-2011, 08:36 AM
My wife use to bust me all the time. I agree it is hard to get off But fun to put on

Maria in heels
03-26-2011, 02:22 PM
I spent last weekend thanks to my wife as Maria (posted pics in the pic section) ... when I got home Sunday late, as soon as I walked in, one of my boys asked " dad..do you have makeup on?" my wife looked at me, and her eyes went wide open....I said no, shook my head, and ran upstairs with my wife....she was laughing histerically .... she pulled me into the bathroom and grabbed some makeup remover. She was laughing as she wiped my left eye and removed the remnants of my eyeliner....showing me the tissue and laughing....

good thing that this was the first time with my boys, and they don't know about Maria....

sissyjackie2008
03-26-2011, 06:58 PM
You must look lovely with make up on in boy mode, just like you do in your profile pic.

sissyjackie2008
03-26-2011, 07:00 PM
Yes Joanne, i agree. young boys these days have it so much better. However, i am glad for them that it is so much more accepted than when i was a teen

Kaz
03-26-2011, 07:20 PM
We all get caught at times... it goes with the territory... GGs have always had this problem, but for them it is not an issue... so have a plausible answer prepared for when it happens, and then do what you have to do to make sure it doesn't happen. Quite simple.

AimeeCD
03-26-2011, 07:25 PM
Oh my gosh, sounds just like what happened to me one night! My sister-in-law mentioned in front of the entire family that it looked like I didn't get all of my mascara or eyeshadow off! I was mortified and said I had been working out in the garage when actually I had spent the day as Aimee and maybe an hour before that family event I had furiously tried (and thought I had) to remove all traces of Aimee's face!

Samantha Thomson
03-26-2011, 10:24 PM
I wear mascarre and women know right away you can't fool them then they think your gay and wear womens clothes like me

hunterloveshose
03-26-2011, 10:26 PM
In high school, I was busted by my optometrist while having an appointment for contacts. I made some excuse like I was in a school play, etc. He kinda let it go, but he was an asshole anyhow and a substitute doctor for the real doctor who was retiring....

BUT in the late 90's I used to do heavy drag out and about in San Francisco. The best thing I got for eye make up removing, was a bottle of cheap mineral oil. This oil had no smell and no color and was completely harmless. I would get a cotton ball, tip the mineral oil over with the cotton ball on top (like nail polish remover), and then would put the oil all over my eye lids... everything would rub out, including the strongest of eyeliner and mascara. Mineral oil is cheap... I found it at the local Rite Aid (drugstore).

- Hunter

Mercedes
03-27-2011, 01:02 AM
Just by the wife a couple of times. I thought I had got it all but I usual dress at night and remove the makeup before bed. In the morning it was pointed out that there was a little more work to do.

Mercedes XOXOXO

dennisGTS
03-27-2011, 01:34 AM

Sorry Robynts, but that made me laugh!

My wife had gone to one of her job classes in a different city and had to stay over night. That day, of course, I decided to dress up and try my hand a make-up; it was a great night all dressed up, might I add. Before going to bed that night, I spent a while taking all the make-up off my face making sure I got rid of any evidence...the next day, when my wife returned, after I hugged her at the door, she immediately asked if I had been wearing mascara and eyeliner. BUSTED! I said yes but insisted that I got it all off...I was baffled as to how she could tell cause I immediately went into the bathroom to look and still couldn't see any "hint" of mascara and eyeliner myself.