PDA

View Full Version : Backup

Michelle 51
03-06-2011, 06:46 PM
Just wondering what you girls carry when you go out for backup.I'm learning the hard way to always have a extra pair of pantyhose and a extra set of earrings and when driving in femme I always have trousers and shoes in the car plus tissues and makeup remover in case I need to change back on the road .

Loni
03-06-2011, 07:03 PM
only what i have on. gave the tow truck driver a good laugh one day.
i do not ware pantyhose (keeps rolling up-er down). as for things like makeup, plenty, but when i go out no extra "items" or drab junk. maybe a extra pair of shoes like sneakers to drive in. do not want to mess up my heels.
but i walk in the front door the same as i left.

NathalieX66
03-06-2011, 07:11 PM
I always carry am extra pair of hose, earrings, necklace (stuff that's prone to lose or break), and sometimes a secondary pair of shoes whenever I go out. If I go out somewhere that is more than an hour's drive, and I'm wearing heels, it's nice to slip into a pair of flats for the drive home.

That being said, I have observed that women often carry large handbags as of late.....and now I know why. I bought a large bag, nothing expensive but it is very helpful for all the contents I mentioned, plus makeup.

Karren H
03-06-2011, 08:05 PM
Nothing but my Visa card... Figure if something breaks or is lost its just a great excuse to go shopping!

Kate Simmons
03-06-2011, 08:09 PM
Nothing really Hon but then living on the edge is my thing I guess.:)

Sally24
03-06-2011, 08:22 PM
I used to carry backups of everything but now a spare pair of shoes, or two is the main thing. Sometimes carry a couple spare outfits in case I want to change into a different style. Almost never carry drabs now.

christinac
03-06-2011, 08:27 PM
Nothing but my Visa card... Figure if something breaks or is lost its just a great excuse to go shopping!

Sounds like someone been skipping the Shopoholic Anonymous meetings.

Kathryn Martin
03-06-2011, 08:28 PM
No more backup for me

Valerie1973
03-06-2011, 08:28 PM
I also keep an AR-15, just in case. No, Just kidding, but I do take a change of clothes and just a few of the things that every woman should have, like a pepper mace.

Melissa Rose
03-06-2011, 09:05 PM
It depends on what I'm doing and where I'm at. Besides a few makeup items for touch ups, I rarely bring backups. If I'm wearing heels and may be walking a bit, I'll bring a pair of flats and leave them in the car. I might bring a spare stocking if I think there is a chance of getting a big snag. I don't bring a drab bag with me. I used to, but stopped after a short while because it became too much of a hassle.

PretzelGirl
03-06-2011, 10:16 PM
At first it was just touch-up make-up items like lip gloss and powder. I probably should add hose. But after many of our Tri-Ess meetings, we started having parking lot conversations that last a while. So first I decided to have some flats in the car so I can switch if we got talkative. Now that I have winter experience, something heavier than I am just wearing around is also good since I froze my tail off one night.

Diane Smith
03-07-2011, 12:48 AM
When I'm out and about around time, I toss whatever lipstick I'm wearing that day in my purse, and that's about it.

If I'm leaving town, I usually pack a spare pair of stockings, a second pair of shoes (in case the ones I've chosen turn out to be less comfortable than I expect), a pair of sneakers (mainly in case of car trouble) and a more complete makeup bag, for the inevitable re-do after eight or ten hours.

If I'm feeling really paranoid, I'll add a bag of boy clothes, but I actually don't do that very often anymore.

- Diane

Tanya C
03-07-2011, 01:22 AM
I certainly wouldn't take along any guy clothes or makeup remover. I have no intention of providing the means of escaping into guy mode just because an awkward situation may arise while out dressed. It's part of the risk you take when you go out. And besides, I prefer flying without a net.

Jeanna
03-07-2011, 05:37 AM
Like Karen, I take my Visa card for back up! I used to have the "instant drab" bag come along with me with then I realized that I was carrying around this big stupid bag and getting "Mam, can I help you with that?"

GinaD
03-07-2011, 08:03 AM
Since I usually have to leave home in guy mode to spend my femme time in public, I inherently have my back ups stuff w/me. I have to remove all make up and nails prior to my return, so I have the proper removers with me also. It is rare I can leave home en femme, but have with back up stuff on board in case of a break down and I have to call a buddy for a ride.

Jackiefl
03-07-2011, 10:12 AM
I carry cash and credit card in my purse,extra pair of shoes in car. If Jackie goes out Jackie comes home whatever happens.