PDA

View Full Version : Had a real Guy Moment while Enfemme

Wendy_Marie
03-06-2011, 07:54 PM
I had such a bad guy moment while driving enfemme today and wanted to share it and see if others have similiar moments or if it just me...? Seeing as I left the house in a rather foul mood I decided to add a bit of sparkle to the day and make the first leg of a nearly seven hour long drive enfemme. I didn't dress to kill by any means just a pair of white capri warm up pants with a matching tee and jacket....and finally by new balance sneakers.
I only applied very light make up including just a touch ofmascara, lip stick and eye liner and off I went. I had to make a couple of stops for fuel and some breakfast and then merged into surprisingly heavy Sunday morning traffic for interstate 44 East today.
I got trough the first hour and a half of my drive with no problems but coming through a small town after exiting the Interstate I picked up a tailgater who followed right me so closely for approx 10 miles that I was being blinded by their headlights...Every chance I saw that this person could have passed me on he two lane road I would slow and ease to side of my lane inviting them to go around but no they just stayed there adding more strain to my commute.
Then I got a call from my wife and we got into a little spat over the stupidest little thing and when I hung up the phone I pretty much just hated the world.
The company I work for uses rental cars and usually we get put in the cheapest compact vehicles but I lucked out at the rental office and got an upgrade into a very nicely loaded and sporty Ford Focus SES...and I had been wanting to know just how fst these little cars were.
I found out that the Rev Limiters on these vhicles top the cars speed out at 112 mph...verifed by the reading on my GPs.
After passing several cars and putting them in my rear view mirror I realized what I was doing and had a moment of clarity...slowed down and turned off the road at a rest stop and got out of the car and just took a short walk to calm myself.
As I was walking back up to the car a Highway Patrolman pulled in and waved to me before driving away. I finished my drive, changed and didn't violate the speed limit for the rest of the day.
Normally I don't have any issues with driving within the posted speed limit while dressed...but today I had a real guy moment while dressed.

Tina B.
03-06-2011, 08:05 PM
It happens, but I wouldn't want to get stopped for doing 112 in drag, that kind of speed could get you locked up. I know out here in Cal, that is exhibition of speed, and they get nasty with that. But then under the best dress, some days lurks a regular old guy, when he gets his buttons pushed. And it nice to know that little sucker will go that fast.
Tina B.

Kate Simmons
03-06-2011, 08:06 PM
Hon my advice is don't get too frisky behind the wheel en femme unless of course you have a fresh box of donuts for the Patrolmen.:battingeyelashes::)

Melissa Rose
03-06-2011, 09:10 PM
It is normal to revert to natural tendencies when under stress. So far I have not had any major guy moments while in girl mode, but a few of my boy mannerisms have sneaked through on an occasion or two.

Kelly DeWinter
03-06-2011, 09:25 PM
Wendy

Really sorry you had such a crappy day. Just want to caution you not to take it out on the road by driving 112 on a one lane road, or on a rental car (it's someones business after all). it's real easy to get yourself hurt. What do you think could be done differently to have a calmer day if it should start out bad again ?

Kelly

Wendy_Marie
03-06-2011, 10:07 PM
Kelly,
As for how I could better handle such a situation...i would ave to say te firt and best way would be avoidance. If possible I try to just stay out of situations which I know will be stressful. For instance I hate being late or feeling rushed so I make every effort to leave early ad arrive on time.
If avoidance doesn't work for me then secondary would be what I ended up doing after I realized I was reverting to the Mad Max School of Driving and tha is simplyto pull over somewhere and just get out of the car and off the road for a few minutes to alow myself time to calm down and get focused again.
I am not the type of person usually who reacts first without thinking....today was a rarity for me and I will be bringing it up in myTheapy Session on Thursday.

Haley Heather
03-07-2011, 01:16 AM
testosterone

:)

Chickhe
03-07-2011, 01:44 AM
Try this trick for tailgaters...it works most of the time. What you do is drive the speed limit and let off of the accelerator slowly so the car behind you has to compensate for the reduced speed (do it very gradually so that don't notice you are doing it on purpose) then gradually speed up so they fall back then repeat.... They will increase the distance ... just be careful its not obvious because they may then become more aggressive. I tend to drive the limit enfem... and actually I'm learning to be more patient in male mode too...who needs the extra stress...sometimes its more enjoyable to take in the view on the way.

Loni
03-07-2011, 02:36 AM
to be safe I allow extra stopng distance when I am being tail gated, tail gaters just do not like my concern for them as I am only doing 10 mph under the posted limit.

RachR
03-07-2011, 10:26 AM
I've seen plenty of women doing worse things than driving at high speeds on the road. Men aren't the only people prone to aggressive driving.

-Rachael

GingerLeigh
03-07-2011, 11:25 AM
I've seen plenty of women doing worse things than driving at high speeds on the road. Men aren't the only people prone to aggressive driving.

-Rachael

I spend alot of time on the highway. Seems to me that women are just as aggressive (if not occasionally psychotic) than the men while driving. You're lucky you didn't hurt anyone, road rage is a stupid way to kill someone!

Tailgater troubles? Go the speed limit with the cruise control on, turn your mirrors away and let THEM fume about the slow jackass in front of them. They'll pass you eventually.

Limits out at 112mph? that's pretty good! Fastest I went was 155 Km/h, (on an empty county road) and the damn thing sputtered out like an athsmatic mule.

Ginger

CarlaWestin
03-07-2011, 08:51 PM
So, get out of the way, lady!

Just kidding. When I get a tailgater, I either get out of their way or, I'll gradually accelerate while lightly touching the brake. They slow down because they see your brake lights and you are actually pulling away. It'cool to see them backing up in the rear view mirror!

LeeAnnRose
03-07-2011, 09:52 PM
I think my most interesting guy moment so far occurred when I took a day off of work. I was fully dressed when my boss called on an emergency call. I proceeded to have a 30-minute call with her walking around the house. While I enjoyed working this way, some days I am glad video calls aren't standard yet!

Eryn
03-07-2011, 11:45 PM
I'd worry that the rental car company had a tattler in the car!

KellyCD
03-08-2011, 12:34 AM
I find it interesting that driving fast is automatically labeled as a "guy" thing.

Whereas my SO is the real speed demon, she NEVER obeys ANY speed limit(she's 18 though), her and all of her friends usually do 2-3 times the posted speed limit. Like 70 in a 35.

I however, "drive like[her] grandmother" cuz I obey speed limits. The difference is, I used to race ALL THE TIME when I was her age. I've been to germany, maxed out some very fast cars for HOURS on the autobahn. My crowning achievement though was i actually did a lap at the Nürburgring in my BMW 318Ti. I know how to drift, pull a rockwell, heel and toe....all that crap.

So, I've had my fun. I simply have no interest in going 15mph faster just for that "rush" or w/e that Americans get. My SO used to tell me "i drove like a race car driver today, i was doing 90!" Hearing that breaks my heart, cuz to me 90mph isnt fast at all....not even on a interstate.

150mph is kinda fast, but i normally would cruise at about 130mph on most days.

So "speeding" has lost its luster for me. Going that extra 10 to 15 that you'll get a ticket for just doesn't excite me. So I don't even bother to speed.

I really just want to take her to a track and show her what REAL speed is, help get it out of her system.

Wendy_Marie
03-08-2011, 01:59 PM
Thanks for all the replies everyone...my real concern as far as referring to this as a real Guy Moment was not dealing so much with the fact I was speeding as it was the fact that I allowed my anger to overcome my common sense and otherwie calm and good nature. I attempt to always behave in a Lady Like fashion when dressed enfemme and this behavior just isn't acceptable to me.
In guy mode I ama real adrenelin junkie and 112 mph isn't a drop in the bucket compared to the top speed I have driven either in a car or especially while riding Motorcycles.
Again though...thanks for all the comments expressing concern nd advice.

KellyCD
03-08-2011, 10:25 PM
..... referring to this as a real Guy Moment was not dealing so much with the fact I was speeding as it was the fact that I allowed my anger to overcome my common sense and otherwie calm and good nature. .

I have to disagree with ur assertion with that behavior as being a "guy moment". Girls can have anger that overrides common sense too.........

.....usually every 3 weeks lol.....

but still. Error's of judgement arnt gender specific.

Wendy_Marie
03-08-2011, 10:51 PM
Kelly,
I see where your thought process is stemming from....but for me I usually have a very submissive demeanor as a female.... As for the comment about GG emmotional roller coaster every 3- weeks....I guess that is one area that I do not envy the female gender.

Schatten Lupus
03-09-2011, 12:09 AM
I'd say you had a stressed out and frustrated moment. Women get pissed off and drive fast, and are subject to road rage.