PDA

View Full Version : The importance of underwear

SusieK
03-07-2011, 04:34 AM
I understand that for many the underwear is everything, but what about others? For example if you're presenting as female but in a situation where you don't feel the need to tuck, or you're presenting as a man in a skirt/dress or androgynous outfit how important is the underwear?

Do you always wear female underwear, always male or whatever is available? Does one or the other feel wrong because of who you feel you are?

Susie

jazz
03-07-2011, 04:41 AM
To me its the foundation of my femininity. Without it I don't feel fully feminine. Long live lingerie!

Samantha_Smile
03-07-2011, 04:45 AM
To me its the foundation of my femininity. Without it I don't feel fully feminine. Long live lingerie!

Thats poetry!
Have to agree though, I couldnt wear my favourite dress with boxers and no bra.

Kate Simmons
03-07-2011, 04:46 AM
Underwear is like anything else. It's what you make it to be.:)

Vickie_CDTV
03-07-2011, 05:04 AM
It is important in as much as it must feel nice/pleasant, like everything else I wear

KrystalA
03-07-2011, 05:55 AM
Can't remember the last time I wore men's underwear. For me, panties and bras are essential.

Cynthia Anne
03-07-2011, 07:05 AM
I don't own male male panties nor a bro! Its panties and bra for me always!

Renee_E
03-07-2011, 07:31 AM
I wear what i am in the mood for at the time. My male underwear isn't all that masculine so sometimes as a casually dressed female i may have on my low rise male undies.

Kali
03-07-2011, 07:44 AM
Panties or commando. No other options for me

Tina B.
03-07-2011, 07:54 AM
Nylon panties under male jeans, that makes sense to me, cotton whitie tighties under a polyester skirt, I don't think so. I don't even own that many pair of male underwear, so I have to save what I have for the doctors office, the rest of the time it's panties, and I don't even like them in cotton. They are not just underwear, they are the start of changing shape and attitude, and are just as important to me as a bra, or dress.
Tina B.

Sophie86
03-07-2011, 07:58 AM
I agree with Tina: I will wear panties in guy mode, but not male underwear en femme. The only time I've ever worn male underwear in drag was when I was 10 yrs old, and my sister talked me into dressing as a girl for Halloween. I drew the line at panties then, but I got over it later when I started dressing on my own. :heehee:

Roberta Marie
03-07-2011, 08:24 AM
I can't remember the last time I wore men's underwear.

But, what about a bra under guy clothes with no breast forms? There are often times when I underdress, but often when I'm putting on a bra without breast forms, and I look in the mirror at those flat, wrinkled cups, it looks and feels wierd. Yet as soon as I put on a shirt or top over it, it feels comfortable, or should I say, comforting.

Does it make any sense, though, to wear a bra if you have no breasts to put in it?

naye
03-07-2011, 09:00 AM
Female underwear is what made me being a CDer, for me is always the first thing I to wear when I am crossdressing, sometimes I only wear female undies, or even underdress under my male clothes, but not even once in my life I had put on female clothing with male underwear.

Karren H
03-07-2011, 09:20 AM
For me its still function over form... Forms. Lol. Underwear serves a purpose. Bras keep my forms from hitting the floor... Corset gives a fem shape. Hose make my legs look better... slips make my dress hand properly.... I typically wear male low rise cotton underwear even enfemme. Once you cover them up.... They are gone. Invisible. They help me with my outward presentation.

christinac
03-07-2011, 09:26 AM
Since I started shaving certain areas I haven't really been able to wear mens underware. They feel like a piece of sand paper between the legs.

StaceyJane
03-07-2011, 09:28 AM
I joined the 24/7 panty club over a year ago and I can't imagine going back.

Amy Lynn3
03-07-2011, 09:29 AM
Nylon panties 24/7 for me and I love them.

stephiny10
03-07-2011, 10:11 AM
Panties 24/7 for this girl except going the doctor

Thea Pauline
03-07-2011, 10:25 AM
This is very interesting to me. I've recently given a lot of thought to why, if my genders are so mixed I couldn't possibly separate them, do I need to dress as a female? I DO, no doubt there, but why? Sometimes, if I can't under dress for some reason, even a tuck will help center me. I'm just trying to figure out, what do we get from dressing or presenting as female that bridges that last gap in gender? Is it as I've heard described; much like a method actors' props and costume?

Please understand, I make no assertions here for myself or others. Just asking for input.

And in response to the original question, I almost always feel out of sorts in drab with no ladies wear. I go as far feminine (or at least androgynous) as the situation will allow.

Renae

RenneB
03-07-2011, 10:30 AM
Oh soo comfy are those panties. Silkys of course.. It's all about what feels most comfortable. Wearing the male cotton briefs just don't feel right anymore. I agree with a previous poster. Panties under my clohes going to male functions feels just great. Panties under my female outfits is just a given.

Renne (.)(.)
) (
( Y )

Gillian Gigs
03-07-2011, 10:37 AM
It does not matter how I am feeling or thinking, I underdress. I have never worn any underwear more comfortable than my nylon/lycra hi-cut panties. Why on earth would I not want to be comfortable? As for lingerie, it is comfortable also, so the same reason applies. I have not been to the doctor and had to strip down in a very long time, I guess I will have a bridge to across some day.

Pythos
03-07-2011, 10:44 AM
The only "female" underwear I wear is pantyhose. I do not own, nor do I want to own panties, or girdles, or other such items. Since my cding was just for experiment and really does not go outside the houseI don't need to tuck.
My androgynous looks have either pantyhose, tights, or briefs as unders. If leggings are involved then often times none of those. My "manhood" is often obscured by a wide belt, or a long shirt or sweater.

To me it is this way. I have no need of the female equivalent of Briefs. I don't desire little designs that will just be ridges under my leggings or tight skirts. I am not a fan of the look or feel of thongs, even on women

I don't mean to come across as having an issue with those that do wear feminine underthings, but just for me, it is not how I roll.

leah kernow
03-07-2011, 10:50 AM
For me it's panties or nothing, although if I have to wear a suit then I have a pair of pants to wear - just to get into character, if that makes sense.

docrobbysherry
03-07-2011, 11:03 AM
When that happens with my tidy whities, it's time to toss them!:sad:

I ALWAYS wear my ladies panties backwards, tucked or not. Otherwise, I would constantly worry about "fall out"!:eek:

Loni
03-07-2011, 11:07 AM
sence I have found some cotten panties that can do double duty as mens, I no longer have the "pair" of mens for the Dr's office.
but as for under ware, it is the foundation of life, I do not feel right if I do not have the correct things under it all.

GingerLeigh
03-07-2011, 11:15 AM
Dressing without the lingerie aspect is akin to having a bad-ass hot rod with a four banger under the hood. What would be the point?

vroooooom!

KarenCDFL
03-07-2011, 11:21 AM
Without underwear, you have nothing for your lover to take off!

Tomara
03-07-2011, 11:26 AM
I'm pretty much an under-dresser , so for me my lingerie is what makes me feel complete as a person.

UNDERDRESSER
03-07-2011, 11:40 AM
With my username, what do you think? :) These days I almost exclusively wear seamless bikini panties. I pick ones which could pass as a men's slip ( brief ) in Europe, and would probably pass without comment in an American locker room. Why? Well, I do get a bit of a kick out of it, but mostly these days, it's because I think it looks better, and it certainly feels better. Mens styles, IMO, look terrible, it's as if they deliberately design them so that they can't be considered even close to women's, and don't get me started on the stupid place they put seams, labels, etc.

For reference, I use Jockies comfies, seamless microfibre bikinis. If you go here,
http://www.jockey.com/products/Comfies-Microfiber-Bikini
and read the reviews, you will see there are a few guys on there that say they fit very well.

Kiera79
03-07-2011, 11:45 AM
For me feeling femme is all a part of what you feel in your emotional state not what you wear. That is why a gg can wear a jump suit and still present sexy because of the self image she projects. The internal self is what makes the outer self what we are.

Stephanie47
03-07-2011, 12:31 PM
If en femme, it must be feminine undergarments. And that means panties, bra, garter girdle or garter belt and a slip. No sense is just throwing on a house dress and calling it en femme. If out and about in guy mode, then I may wear panties and camisole along with thigh high stockings, if I feel the need to be feminine.

april_lynn
03-07-2011, 12:57 PM
I started wearing panties 24/7 about 3 weeks ago, although I had wanted to for as long as I can remember. I wear many different fabrics and styles depending on my mood that day and half the fun is picking which ones to wear. It just help my boy and girl side come together.

April

JohnH
03-07-2011, 01:09 PM
I simply wear standard men's undershirts and briefs no matter what I wear on the outside, unless the undershirt would show. If that is the case, I of course don't wear the undershirt. I don't have any bras since my breasts do not hold up a pencil under them so I don't need them.

I have panties but I prefer the men's briefs due to the male anatomy. It is not worth the discomfort of panties since undergarments do not matter to me.

I wear pantyhose only if I am wearing a formal dress with heels. Then I wear them over men's briefs since the pantyhose stay up better with the rougher briefs under them.

Johanna

SusieK
03-07-2011, 05:01 PM
...it feels comfortable, or should I say, comforting.

In posting the question, I had in mind some of the emotional aspect of what we wear underneath, and it possibly acts as an indicator of motivation. I've read in other threads about how much more comfortable women's panties are, and on the whole I tend to disagree, and as quoted above for me the key word is comforting - it's an emotional rather than a physical sensation. Mens briefs are designed for male anatomy, and as such I find them reasonably comfortable and don't underdress very often. However, when I CD although I tend to do the guy in a skirt thing, in this situation wearing male underwear just feels wrong, so I wear simple comfortable (and comforting) panties. This appears to contrast with the responses so far from others who present as male, which I find interesting.

Thanks for responses so far - generally consensus pretty much as I expected:)

Susie

jthong24
03-07-2011, 05:19 PM
Hiya. I do still own a few pairs of men's underwear, but very seldom do I wear them. I'm mostly 24/7 panties whether I'm wearing something feminine or my male jeans. As far as physical comfort, it all depends on the style I wear... I'm sure we could all find some european styles designed for men that fit us just right. However, I agree that it's more of a mental comfort to wear panties. It gives me a bit of a thrill. Not sexual, not physical, but just mentally I walk around smirking, thinking "Oh, if they only knew!" Being a little risque underneath whatever I'm wearing on the outside matches my personality and I feel that shows through in my overall confidence and attitude during the day.

kimdl93
03-07-2011, 05:32 PM
I always wear fem underwear....regardless of how I may be dressed on the outside. I feel that I can bring a little of my fem side with me regardless of the situation!

AllieSF
03-07-2011, 05:32 PM
I am with Karren, except for the cotton male briefs. Otherwise, all that stuff keeps me together, squeezes where necessary, plumps where needed and helps me create an attractive and shapely (to me) Allie.

Ineta
03-07-2011, 05:36 PM
I never mix. I wear underwear according to the mode/code.

Frédérique
03-07-2011, 09:50 PM
I understand that for many the underwear is everything, but what about others? For example if you're presenting as female but in a situation where you don't feel the need to tuck, or you're presenting as a man in a skirt/dress or androgynous outfit how important is the underwear?
Do you always wear female underwear, always male or whatever is available? Does one or the other feel wrong because of who you feel you are?

You can’t wear a dress over male underwear – that is blasphemy. Male underwear is for male clothes, and, unless your taste is continental in nature, comfort is problematic. I began crossdressing from the outside, gradually moving to the interior, in direct opposition to the way most MtF crossdressers start their TV adventures. I wasn’t that interested in female underwear in the beginning, but I eventually came around, underlining the first sentence of this post. Granted, I don’t over-do it, preferring a minimalistic approach, but necessity is the mother of my intentions...

I feel (quite literally) that crossing the imaginary line between male and female begins with this differentiation between underwear types. One type is “there,” and the other is THERE, if you know what I mean. It’s the difference between a lumpy sack and a tender hug, form enclosing as opposed to form-fitting. Who wouldn’t want to be hugged, and how can we insult the beautiful garments that adorn our well-chosen foundation? Female underwear ONLY, please...
:hmph:

Jessica_Dillon
03-07-2011, 10:10 PM
Got it all, and I wear what I feel like for the day, or night, or morning, or afternoon. Whatever. As long as I'm comfortable for the day. But, when en femme, yes, the nicest and of corase, most practical panites. ;-)

Jeannie
03-07-2011, 10:36 PM
Personally I think that female underwear makes the whole experience even more incredible and if you are going to present yourself as a women I really don't know any women that wear men's underwear. Well there was this one ...... Never mind.

Jeannie

LitaKelley
03-07-2011, 11:09 PM
panties 24/7... I haven't worn male underwear since the 80s.. went commando when I met my wife and was only able to wear panties in secret until coming out to her.. little did I know I would then progress to fully presenting as female full time.

sandra-leigh
03-08-2011, 12:16 AM
Always female underwear, have never tucked, have sometimes worn "shapers" that are gaff-like in effect.

Full time panties was one of the very first changes I made upon realizing that I was a cross-dresser. Within a few months, any time I wore male underwear, I would fall out of it, but I didn't fall out of even thongs.

I have no inclination to go back to male underwear. I don't need to do so far "family reasons", and I don't do so for appointments of any sort, not even doctors or massage. I suppose if I were doing something like going to a gym I might have a bout of nerves, but I'm sure it wouldn't take me long to get over it.

Eryn
03-08-2011, 12:28 AM
Down below it's always female. It just feels more comfortable to me. I'm not so endowed that I feel the need to wear panties backwards :eek: but I do select carefully to make sure that the boys are accommodated. The sad fact is that women's panties are about 50 years more advanced than men's briefs, something I learned long before I could be honest with myself about CDing and admit that I just liked wearing them because they are femme.

Upstairs, no bra unless I have something to put in it. Can't see any real point in wearing one in male mode.

StarrOfDelite
03-13-2011, 02:32 PM
Someone said that form trumps function in the underwear department, and that is certainly my attitude. I just don't find women's panties to be very comfortable. I never considered myself to be more than average endowment as a male, but my male parts are not well supported in clothes designed for the female anatomy. I like to wear thongs by 2xist, which are very comfortable. However, since 2xist has a huge following in the gay community you have to be careful to not buy the models which exaggeratedly lift the male genitalia to show it off. If I'm wearing something filmy and body fitting, I get the underwear models which are designed to be worn under swimsuits, they are heavy on Spandex and definitely keep John and the Twins under control. Expensive, however, at $9-10 each.

Deanna B
03-13-2011, 03:01 PM
hi me to panties 24/7 love them . got tons of them all colours.love deanna

Melody Phillips
03-13-2011, 04:09 PM
Once I started wearing panties...I vowed never to go back to drab ones. I don't want to even think about going back to those uncomfortable drab things. I love my soft,silky undies.

LIKETODRESS2
03-13-2011, 04:18 PM
ITs panties for me 24 7 365 dasy a year. THe only underware I even own is panties no male underwares in ths house

Lorna
03-14-2011, 07:45 AM
For me, beneath feminine clothes it's always feminine underwear. Unlike men's clothing, though, women's things offer a huge variety of options. So, at the minimum, it;s just panties and a bra under a skirt or dress, giving a wonderful lightness and freedom and feeling somewhat vulnerable. At the maximum, it's the bra (long-line quite often), high-waist girdle, stockings and slip. When wearing a dress over such underwear there is a completely different sensation: as I walk around I can see the dress but I can really feel only the underwear. The dress is really just a decorative outer cover. The feeling of vulnerability, lightness and freedom is replaced by a very firmly contained and held body moving inside a light, soft and feminine outer layer.

sometimes_miss
03-14-2011, 08:44 PM
I wear female underwear because it's what I feel like I should be wearing; I don't usually wear female underwear when dressed as a male, especially when wearing anything where it could be noticed through my male clothes. There's also the ever so slight feeling of a different garment; the change of feeling a bra vs a t shirt is obvious, but there's also the feeling of nylon panties sliding against my skin which feels very different from, say, how it feels while wearing jockey shorts. Garters and stockings, as well as pantyhose, also feel quite different from wearing crew socks; of course, I should also mention that when I'm dressed as a pretty cheerleader, I wear those same white socks with my sneakers so it's all about the outfit, too.

sissystephanie
03-14-2011, 09:18 PM
I have worn a bra since I was 9 years old, and womens panties virtually all the time since I was 23. I do own some mens underwear, but wear it rarely. I am much more comfortable in panties, and I wear a bra because I have natural breasts. No, I do not have any medical condition. I started wearing a bra at age 9 because the doctor told my dad I needed to wear one since I was a 36 B. I am now a natural 40 B.

kathie225
03-14-2011, 09:34 PM
I agree that panties are essential to establishing that fem feeling. They are foundation garments upon which to build our fem personas.

lingerieLiz
03-14-2011, 11:47 PM
I've worn panties for so long I don't feel comfortable otherwise. I don't tuck or need to. Good lord gave me boobs and little below. So I get to wear some pretty sexy lingerie.

lauraabdl
03-14-2011, 11:59 PM
I joined the 24/7 panty club over a year ago and I can't imagine going back.

I joined the 24/7 panty club too, but over 32 years ago, and a lady never tells her true age.

britney_me
03-15-2011, 12:12 AM
To me, Panties and Bra's is quintessence of being a woman. I love VS Panty but Fredericks panties are very comfortable.

5150 Girl
03-15-2011, 12:50 AM
When I'm dressed, I'm ususaly in pantyhose, thereby negating the need for additonal underthings. However, if it's not a panthose freindly outfit, then it is nice femine panties for me.
With my androginous outfits my ugly man underwear would stick out like a sore thumb.
About the only time I wear Y fronts anymore is for get'n dirty. like if I'm gonna work in the yard, or on the car or somthing. As the few remining pairs I have at this point waer out, they're beeing replaced by plain jane Fruit of the Loom for Her cotton panties.

gaylegirlify
03-15-2011, 09:05 AM
I wear panties microfibre boyleg, these seem to keep me from having fall out and are comfotable all day long. bikinie briefs just aren't big enough although they look good. I wear them under male clothes as well.

Linda Stockings
03-15-2011, 09:07 AM
When I only have a short time, my order of priority is: pantyhose or real stockings, skirt, heels, and a bra or camisole. If I really have time, then I add the silky panties, padded panties, panty girdle or open bottom girdle, waist nipper or corset, more elaborate bra (push-up or extra longline), makeup, wig, fake nails, the whole 9 yards.

Linda

NicoleScott
03-15-2011, 09:21 AM
I guess I'm the odd one here. Panties were the last feminine item I added to the wardrobe. And I really didn't set out to add them, I just happened to acquire a pair by chance. I'm glad, though, because I really like them and wear them, but I can't say that they're a very important thing for me. There's a reason, I think. As we know, feminine items can please the different senses. Some like the feel, but what drives me is the look of being totally transformed, head to toe, clothes, makeup, wig, and accessories. Fully dressed, standing in front of a full-length mirror, I don't see the panties. I can't see the shapewear either, but the effect. So, I can do without the panties, but wear them because I have them and they complete the outfit.

Eve II
03-15-2011, 01:32 PM
OMG , I'm pretty use to my panties, BUT without my bra on I feel like something is missing.
I just love the feeling of the bra holding my "girls" and the pleasent suprise feeling of their
bounce !

Charise52
03-16-2011, 12:49 AM
I wear panties all the time... it is all about how they feel...

MargaretJ
03-16-2011, 09:44 AM
Panties are the first thing I put on when going en femme, and it wouldn't be the same without them. In the past I have worn man pants with a skirt or trousers, and it isn't the same as wearing panties.

sonna
03-16-2011, 11:17 AM
panties no matter what I'm wearing

AvidFan
03-16-2011, 11:38 AM
I need panties and a bra. I've never worn womens clothes without them it would feel weird. But wearing panties with male clothes feels right too?
Unfortunately, I dont have many panties I can really wear. I only started dressing a few months ago, and its been trial and error with finding panties I dont "fall" out of. But, hopefully that tax check comes soon, then VS here I come

Bobbi McCarthy
03-16-2011, 11:50 AM
Panties 24/7 are an essential part of my wardrobe. I keep two pair of whitey tighties for doctor visits everything else is in my lingerie drawer. I love silk, satin and nylon high cut briefs particularly Olga, Vanity Fair and VS. Even doctor visits are being made in Vanity Fair black high cut briefs. They just feel right and have for some five years now.

Alice B
03-16-2011, 12:38 PM
All I own are female underwear. Used to keep a couple of pair for doctor visits, he know he knows so why keep them?

VildeVee
03-16-2011, 01:14 PM
Underwear is so important, there's nothing like putting on a brand new pair of fresh cute panties. It lifts you in every way

Dr.Susan
03-16-2011, 02:43 PM
I'm not obsessed with the whole pantie thing. I wear them when dressed up in the full regalia but never when in male attire. They are a means to an end, not much more for me.
I'm more concerend with the outside layer.

josee
03-16-2011, 02:47 PM
Pantyhose for me almost 24 / 7 has been my choice for the last couple of years at least. Bra, slip, and other foundation garments when fully dressed are also very nice and feel so good. I do have quite a few pairs of Jockey mid-thigh athletic briefs which are 80/20 nylon spandex which are available for the few times another type of underwear is required.

Can't wear cotton anymore it feels too rough.

Josee

BettyShore
03-16-2011, 02:57 PM
Yes. Without a question, the female underwear is critical for me. Point: underwear, no dress, fine; dress, no underwear, blah; male underwear, icky!

nikkijo
03-16-2011, 03:08 PM
guys underware.... what are those....

teri50
03-16-2011, 03:19 PM
I try to always wear panties, and always wear them when dressed up in my feminine attire...They are part of what makes me feel like a lady....Only time I wear male underwear is when it is a necessity and dressed as a male...But, this happens very seldom...

Makayla
03-16-2011, 05:30 PM
Womans underwear makes me feel complete as a "woman" with out it the underwear it just doesnt feel right so yes they are very important to me
Makayla oxox

Mahoro
03-16-2011, 07:51 PM
I definitely prefer wearing panties at all times, a few spandex and satin, but mostly dozens of cute pastel colored cotton standards, the high cut brief variety (yes 'granny panties', but hey I am a granny after all). Not only do I find them very comfy, but when I do have to dress 'en-homme' it's nice knowing they are still on under the slacks and oxford, they serve as a nice reinforcement of where I'm headed in life. Neckties come and go, but panties are forever, LOL...

I only have a few true guys undies left in the drawer, and only put them on now when it's wash day and I realize all the panties are in the hamper. Even those couple of stragglers do strangely resemble something from the woman's isle, but I'll never buy anymore boys briefs again, once they are gone I won't miss them a bit.

Jannine
03-17-2011, 12:55 AM
I like full briefs, control briefs and even traditional old style panty-girdles underneath fitted skirts and formal dresses, dont know why, but I love the firm support and control, and that feeling of 'somethings really there' as well as keeping the boys sorted !!
It depends on what you're into.. Plain, cheap cotton panties that are loose fitting are nice with flowey skirts and sheer dresses.
I've gone off bikini and boy leg styles, maybe my reasoning is that when you're getting over the hill, you should go with a style more fitting to your years, or to hold it all up, if nothing else !! :heehee::heehee:

Jannine. x

wearingtanpantyhose
03-17-2011, 09:21 AM
Same with me, I'll often wear panties under male clothes, but always wear them when feminine. I used to only wear really feminine, lacy panties, but now am comfortable wearing all sorts. For example, cotton briefs are much more comfortable under opaque tights because everything stays where it's supposed to. Nothing worse than tights sliding down your bottom and you can't fix it right away! But I like satin panties with sheer pantyhose...it just feels nice!

crystalbath
03-17-2011, 09:22 AM
I think its really important, without it - it doesn't feel complete :)

Jenniferpl
03-17-2011, 02:04 PM
Why would anyone want to wear male underwear after wearing womens. The different style cuts and materials. Real men wear panties, satin, cotton, mircofiber.....

sweetjan
03-17-2011, 04:11 PM
I hate when I can not wear female underwear. I had to wear boxers to the doctor today, yuck! I only feel comfortable in panties.