PDA

View Full Version : What do U get out of CDing, exactly?

docrobbysherry
03-08-2011, 11:26 AM
For me, it's quite a bit about the preparation for a new/different fem look! I LOVE the challenge and creativity involved! Then, the big adrenaline rush if I think I got it rite, or simply look PRETTY!:D
I spend A LOT of time and effort trying to re-create looks I've seen on women. Whether I saw them live, in photos, or movies! Or, simply in my imagination!:daydreaming:

And, OF COURSE! I ENJOY the company of everyone here! On line and those I've met in person!:hugs:
MUCH more interesting conversations than those with my drab buddies!:brolleyes:

So, what do U get out of dressing?:straightface:

kimdl93
03-08-2011, 11:33 AM
In no particular order:

1. Of course, I enjoy the tactile sensations, the look and the variety afforded by women's clothing
2. I enjoy being able to express my feminine side in my daily life, particularly with my spouse.
3. My SO's support of my CDing has given me a profound sense of acceptance.
4. I like at least being able to pretend that I'm a woman...realizing the inherent limitations I live with.

SuzanneBender
03-08-2011, 11:33 AM
Sherry,

Everytime I dress Ed McMahon comes to my door and gives me the Publisher's Clearing House Sweepstakes. OK you caught me, I am just kidding, but I feel like he has.

Sherry I think you identified the greatest gift of this blessing of being TG. The wonderful friends.

TGMarla
03-08-2011, 11:53 AM
Everytime I dress Ed McMahon comes to my door and gives me the Publisher's Clearing House Sweepstakes.

You can't fool me. Ed McMahon is dead. :tongueout

I get a sense of what it might be like to be me had I been born female instead. I also get the thrill from "the tactile sensations, the look, (and the feel) and the variety afforded by women's clothing". (Thanks Kim) I enjoy feeling feminine. I am attracted to the soft delicacy of the look and the feel of the clothing, the hair, the makeup, and the jewelry. I like being pretty, which is something I cannot be as a man. And I like the sense of peace and contentment that being en femme allows me.

christinac
03-08-2011, 12:00 PM
PRACTICE!!:D I feel more connected with who I really am when I crossdress if you can make sense of that.

sandra-leigh
03-08-2011, 12:01 PM
Before or after taxes, Doc?

leah kernow
03-08-2011, 12:04 PM
For me it's a lot to do with the word 'pretty' it's not very often that men use that word in any context without getting a funny look. To feel pretty is the big thing for me and to be pretty is to be feminine and dress in pretty things makes me feel more complete and real, I can be pretty if I want to !! x Leah

NicoleScott
03-08-2011, 12:04 PM
For me, Doc, making up and dressing up is fun and exciting. I gave up long ago trying new looks: makeup, hair styles & colors. There is a look that I prefer to have, and I have just tried to get better at it over the years ....uh, decades. That's a moving target; as the skills improve, the body loses the fight against age and gravity. What do I get out of it? It's still fun and exciting. I dress to please myself. Others can and do like and dislike it, and that's ok.

dawnmarrie1961
03-08-2011, 12:41 PM
Walking in the DOC’s office.
Sitting on the down on the DOC’s couch.
“Hello, Docrobbysherry.” I say as I lean back and put my head on the pillow. “So you want to know what I get out of CDing?”
There’s a moment of silence as I ponder the question. I turn my head toward the doctor and say” Jeez, Doc, I didn’t know I was supposed to get anything out of it. Am I doing it wrong? It’s like breathing. It just is.”
“YOUR”RE CURED!” the DOC says . “That will be $500. Please.”

RenneB
03-08-2011, 12:48 PM
It's just what I'm comfortable with. In one of the leadership classes I was in had the group all fold their arms in front of them. Left over right, or vise versa didn't matter. We were then told to fold them the other way. The group leader then began an unrelated discussion about lunch. In the matter of a few short minutes, everyone had crossed their arms back. The lesson was you can make people do almost anything, but they'll tend to revert to what's comfortable.

That's what I get out of this. I just feel more comfortable. Okay a lil' snug sometimes, but it's still comfy.

What I really need is a mix and match guide. I came across this one site, that had a pic of the entire onsombo. Matching outfit and accessories... I'm going to more of that if I'm going to go out and pass....

Renne (.)(.)

GingerLeigh
03-08-2011, 12:51 PM
I get from crossdessing that which I don't get in drab, stress relief.

danielletorresani
03-08-2011, 02:38 PM
What I got out of it was purely sexual. I loved the preparation, knowing that in a few short minutes I was going to feel my legs sheathed in thigh high stockings, and anticipating how feminine I would look and feel. Over time, though, the preparation got to be too much for me, and kinda took the enjoyment out of it. It ended up feeling more like a chore. These days I don't dress up anymore, though I do enjoy looking at all the pics I took of myself when I did. It's weird, now that I dressed up so thoroughly, anything less just doesn't feel like dressing up. I'll be honest, not having the drive to dress up has made my life WAY more simple.

Cynthia Anne
03-08-2011, 02:58 PM
I get peace of mind! It helps me come up with all the insane things I say to all of you beautiful girls!

Jilmac
03-08-2011, 04:23 PM
All through my life I considered myself an "ugly duckling", dressing, makeup, wig and accessories transform me into a beautiful swan.

Joanne f
03-08-2011, 04:37 PM
I get normality , it brings me back in line , gets me out of the tension life can being without it .

sissystephanie
03-08-2011, 04:43 PM
What I get from crossdressing is comfort!! I love the fit, feel, and look of feminine clothing. That is why I wear feminine things often.

Rachel Mari
03-08-2011, 04:57 PM
I get a great feeling of being normal and complete. Like part of me is finally getting some attention too.
I love the feeling of skirts, pantyhose and heels and walking around. I like myself much much more.

Alice B
03-08-2011, 05:08 PM
I think at first it was mostly a sexual thing, but that quickly gave way to enjoying the tactile senses, the feeling of being a woman(even if it was a illusion) and the ability to more openly express my female side, which is quite large. Sure it was an escape, but at first the pressure of time and acceptance did not help. Now, after a few years to learn and grow my female side I am totally at ease with who I am and with my wife's acceptance of this need I have been able to grow. I still have a long way to go, but at my age time is short. I am going to DLV this year, which will be an experience that is completely outside my comfort zone. I'm excited and scared at the same time. The sexual thing is almost totally gone as a reason. I'm now trying to learn to dress age correct vs trying to be what I am not.

Kathryn Philips
03-08-2011, 05:57 PM
Although I do not consider myself to be a woman "trapped in a male body", I do consider my inner self substantially female. I also remember from an early age wishing I was a girl and felt an ever-growing gender "envy" for most of my life. When I dress and look at myself in the mirror I see briefly the woman I wish I was. My face lights up, I can smile again, my body movements become suddenly feminine. These brief and ocasional opportunities help to address a tiny bit the discrepancy with my external appeance and inner feelings.

Bernadina
03-08-2011, 06:07 PM
Closets full of wonderful clothes.

Haley Heather
03-08-2011, 06:13 PM
I get to be myself ...

Linda Stockings
03-08-2011, 06:24 PM
Like many of the other girls, I get a wonderful feeling in general, and I love the feeling of the clothes themselves. The feel of 5 inch heels is not pain, it's a wonderful feeling of having my feet shaped into the "high heel position" from great shoes that so many GG girls love to have and wear. I love the feel of stockings and pantyhose, silky panties, slips, bras, and a really classy looking skirt suit. I love the makeup, but am still an amature. Most of all, I feel incredibly calm and relaxed. I can have an acid stomach that's killing me, and after changing into pantyhose, heels, a slip and skirt, blouse, form fitting blazer, I find the stomach ache goes away, I relax, cozy up in front of the television or read a good book. If I'm ambitious, I'll do my makeup and wig too, take a few pics, and see how I've done with the entire look. When I'm really lucky, I go out for a stroll, or drive to the public library and read the latest Vogue or Cosmo. That's what I get from it so far.

Be safe and happy,

Linda

Xandria
03-08-2011, 08:13 PM
i enjoy the clothing, the styles and fashion. boy clothes are sooooo dull and boring. the biggest for me is the preparation of picking out what i want to wear and then applying makeup

britney_me
03-09-2011, 12:50 AM
Enjoying the wonderful, soft, colorful clothes and enjoy being a woman @ the same time, it does give me a sexual thrill.

2SpeedTranny
03-09-2011, 02:57 AM
I'm not sure what I get out of it... but I put a lot of money into it. :heehee:

Tanya C
03-09-2011, 04:06 AM
I really enjoy trying to create the appearance of a woman. Of course, some days are better than others, but now and then I think that I come close to achieving the female look, and that is a real high for me.

Celeste
03-09-2011, 05:28 AM
I get a wonderful feeling of being at one with myself,and a deeper awareness.All of my senses become heightened.I also feel liberated in my freedom of choice and expressionism.Seems I always get something different out of it all the time,thats what what keeps it new,mysterious and exiting.

Gocaps14
03-09-2011, 08:58 AM
I get a wonderful feeling of me being me.That's the best I can explain it.

Stephanie Michelle
03-09-2011, 09:32 AM
A sense of being complete. A feeling of normality. Puts me in a place I want to be all the time.

Sarah Doepner
03-09-2011, 10:31 AM
Doc, sometimes simple questions are the most difficult to answer. Honestly I'm still trying to find out what it is I'm getting out of this experience and practice. When I was young I thought it was the sexual satisfaction, but that was something I had to pass through. Then I found the challenge of creating a feminine appearance and thought that was my goal, but it was something could work on, but there was more. Then I thought it was the chance to become part of a community of people who shared something very special, but while that keeps me here, it's not all. I've been thinking my crossdressing puts me in a calm place where I feel comfortable and at peace with myself, but this too may be a step to some other place. Every time I seem to get close, I realize there is something else yet to discover.

Maybe it's an opportunity to continue on a journey of discovery. I'll keep working on it and get back to you one of these days.

fresan
03-09-2011, 10:36 AM
I really enjoy trying to create the appearance of a woman. Of course, some days are better than others, but now and then I think that I come close to achieving the female look, and that is a real high for me.

100% agree!! That about sums it up for me too.

PretzelGirl
03-09-2011, 11:04 PM
The Best: Some very good friendships

The Good: A fun wardrobe

The Ugly: My bank account

Frédérique
03-10-2011, 02:07 AM
What do U get out of CDing, exactly?

I get to meet fascinating creatures like you! :heehee:

I get a lot of enjoyment from becoming non-male, or less male, simply by dressing a certain way. It’s also fun to leave an ordinary life behind, trip the light fantastic, skirt the edge, turn society on its ear, sidestep expectation, harbor secrets, keep to myself, wear the "wrong" clothes, walk up and down Queer Street, be mysterious, incorporate oneself, and think beautiful thoughts…
:daydreaming:

Michelle Crossfire
03-10-2011, 04:53 AM
I get some stress relief. i get to be someone i am not in real life, the ability to be different, at least in my own home. plus, my wife likes it too.

LauraEwing
03-10-2011, 06:56 AM
Getting to wear a nice pair of high heels and painting my nails.

naye
03-10-2011, 10:48 AM
A big stress relief, and a lot, a lot of fun!!!

cdona20
03-10-2011, 12:08 PM
Well, I get something pretty to look at in the mirror. I've been told I look better as a girl than as a guy. And I get lots of attention. Since I have joined several LGBT organizations I find plenty of people attracted to me en femme and it feels great (considering I spent my teenage years without any people showing interest in me).

Alice Torn
03-10-2011, 12:21 PM
Doc, and Marla pretty much said it for me.

Lorileah
03-10-2011, 01:12 PM
I got two closets full of clothes half of which I have never worn.

Julie Denier
03-10-2011, 09:58 PM
It's the feel of clothes, the tightness of the foundation garments, the sensation of the hosiery on my legs and the thrill of seeing that mine look pretty decent, set off by a pretty skirt or dress and pair of cute heels that actually fit my gunboats. And yes, there is the anticipation when, knowing an opportunity to dress is approaching, my mind races while mentally planning what I'm going to wear.

adrienner99
03-10-2011, 11:11 PM
I get peace and excitement at the same time.

I get to be who I really am.

Princess_of_Hckloins
03-10-2011, 11:18 PM
Its fun to have the different looks and hairstyles. I've also enjoyed doing makeup which has gotten better, but I still have more to learn. Although I can dress anytime these days (excluding work), I wait until I can dress for a more than just an hour or so.

BLUE ORCHID
03-10-2011, 11:35 PM
If I have too explain it to you you probably wouldn't understand it anyway.

Orchid

Suzette Muguet de Mai
03-10-2011, 11:46 PM
I get less space in my wardrobe, dresser and bathroom. I also get less time and money. Spend more time looking at fashion and here in this forum. I guess the thing I get out of CDing is "LESS of not much".

CaitlynRenee
03-11-2011, 12:07 AM
It's hard to say, in a way. There are so many sensations denied as I was growing up. So many predetermined ways we guys are supposed to be, dictated by some strange entity, moving chess pieces on a board. Only we are the pieces and the board is some mythical, blackened concept of life. Did you know that guys aren't supposed to cry?? Did you know we are supposed to be hard and uncaring?? Ok, the hard I understand but the uncaring is a painful thing to be. We are supposed to like harsh clothing, skinned knees, scars and everything else that makes us 'manly'.

But as a little boy, I cried. Still do sometimes when I'm sad or when friends get hurt. I like fine art, fine wine, a flirtatious smile on a pretty girl and a sexy turn of the ankle. If I can imagine myself as that flirtatious girl and my ankle as that sexy ankle, I smile. I'm happy en femme, at peace with the world. My hurt goes away and there is no pretending. I am CaitlynRenee, sexy, vital, yearning for love and acceptance. I am every picture of every beautiful girl you have ever seen. Then I wake up and reality hits. Once more, I cry..................., get up and change to drab, go outside and mow the lawn, carry out the garbage and then cook dinner. Sigh.........

Jocelyn Quivers
03-11-2011, 07:57 AM
My current answer as of March 2011, the enjoyment in being able to look not only pretty and gorgeous, but also noting how every different outfit or hairstyle I try brings out a different look and style.

mskanuchi
03-11-2011, 08:31 AM
I love the excitement of a different wardrobe. I'm so fed up with the drab male look. I love the feel of hose and heels ( and we all do ) as well as the complete different appearance you have when dressed. The way a skirt brushes against you, the way your posture changes, the jewelry, the complete sense of being who you are, and how happy it makes me.