PDA

View Full Version : Does crossdressing ever get "boring?"

il.dso
03-09-2011, 10:19 AM
Well, certainly not for me.
Just turned 50 and I'm enjoying crossdressing more than ever.
I still love shopping for clothes, trying on new outfits,
discovering new styles of lingerie, etc. etc. and, of course, learning
from others on this wonderful website.
So, for me, crossdressing never seems to get "boring" and
I'm curious to know if that's the case for others out there?

fresan
03-09-2011, 10:34 AM
I can't say it gets boring, but it does get frustrating at times as things don't turn out exactly like we are hoping....

Tina B.
03-09-2011, 10:47 AM
I don't know if it gets boring or not, but after 60 years of dressing, I still wake up planning what to put on and how I'm going to match them up. Last night I decided to go drab today, I've been dressing for quite a few days in a row, and figures maybe the wife might like a break. But then I woke up real early this morning, figured a had a few hours before she gets up, so maybe I will play for a while. by the time the wife got up, I have red nails, and toes. dressed in a cute scoop neck top that's white with black flowers all over, and a pair of black leggings, toped off with a wig, red heels and earrings and bracelet. The wife went to work, and I'm dressed for the day, and again, I missed that chance to show her my guy side, it's getting harder to find, and she sees it a lot less these days, because it's DRAB that I find boring.
Tina B.

Cynthia Anne
03-09-2011, 12:24 PM
NO, no, not, nicks, never! Any way you say it! The answer always comes up the same!

RenneB
03-09-2011, 12:30 PM
Boring no, absolutely not. Costly, yes. The hair, makeup, undergarmets, pads, shoes, dresses, outfits. I'm shooting for an evening gown now and really lookin' forward to the next outfit that I can put together..

It's just what I feel comfortable doing...

Renne (.)(.)

suzy1
03-09-2011, 12:31 PM
Because Suzy is a real part of me then it simply can’t become boring.
It’s not a pastime or hobby for me. It is me!

A happy, SUZY

hotskirt
03-09-2011, 12:34 PM
Never gets boring. Gets better every time I dress. Oh wat a wonderful dress!!

Anne2345
03-09-2011, 12:44 PM
Uh, no. As in no, no, and no. Did I mention no? If not, then no! :)

josee
03-09-2011, 12:49 PM
:eek: Can't imagine ever thinking that getting dressed in hose, a silky slip and dress would become boring.

If it did I'd just go Shopping!:thumbsup:

Pythos
03-09-2011, 12:51 PM
Boring no. As stated earlier it can be frustrating. Usually due to the perception of what other people will think. Or having to hide from nosy parents, or un accepting SOs. It is also frustrating when reading of people who have the family and economic backing...hiding. It helps not one whit.
I do feel though that I am approaching the end of my alternative style days. It is very depressing at times to be honest.

But, boring? No. Drab, now that is boring.

elsbethcollins
03-09-2011, 01:39 PM
I personally think its gets better as time goes by...
When i started dressing properly again a few years ago, i was content with just staring at myself in the mirror - usually wearing just a bra and stockings and perhaps gloves and silky gown, but now I love the time where I can dress, and i just don't notice it - i get on with own things, and then look down at a cup and see that it's my lipstick that has left a mark like that.

darla_g
03-09-2011, 01:51 PM
There has to be some level of satisfaction. After I am all made up and dressed I take a look in the mirror. If I like what i see then great! But there have been times i have been really unhappy with it and vowed to never do it again.

Right now I am very happy doing it, but its not like I dress that often so it never is boring.

AKAMichelle
03-09-2011, 01:56 PM
It can become mundane, but that when you have crossed over the line and become much more than a crossdresser. At that point it is more about being true to yourself.

windycissy
03-09-2011, 02:17 PM
Great question. For me, just trying on those wonderful, forbidden clothes was excitement enough for the longest time, but eventually I felt bored and frustrated just sitting around my pad or some hotel room, all dressed up with no place to go. What really changed everything for me was going out, first with baby steps, eventually becoming more confident until I finally started meeting people as a woman, now I never dress up just to put on the clothes, it's always to go do something as Cissy!

Laura De Santis
03-09-2011, 02:26 PM
boring ,boring.....
yes it s boring when i can't get dressed as Laura
and ABSOLUTLY NO when i can do it

teri50
03-09-2011, 02:28 PM
Then only thing that gets boring for me when dressing is shaving my legs...hehe...As much as I loved my legs done, it seems like the same old thing every time...But it must be done....

Jeannie
03-09-2011, 02:35 PM
I try to give my wife a break by not dressing everyday and since I don't go out dressed I am in drab more than I am dressed as Jeannie. When I do have the opportunity it seems to be more fun and satisfying and I can do it for a whole day with makeup and everything. I am happy with the situation and don't mind having to be drab because I have a ton of remodeling to do on our house and for me it easier to do it in drab. Besides I don't mess up my skirts and blouses with sweat, paint and glue all of which I manage to get all over the place.

Jeannie

BLUE ORCHID
03-09-2011, 09:24 PM
Boring never as I get older it just gets better some evenings I may be to tired but never bored.
I have enough of a collection that I can keep different all the time although I do have
some favorite outfits, shoes & wigs that are aways in the ready position in the head of the line.

Orchid

Angiemead12
03-09-2011, 11:41 PM
the only boring bit is getting all dolled up and got no where to go!

Sandy Banks
03-09-2011, 11:46 PM
Well, I believe it's becoming more and more addictive..................................is anyone else experiencing this????

DianeDeBris
03-10-2011, 12:05 AM
For me, as one individual, I always love the clothes, the look and tactile feel of my things, all of the sensory inputs -- the opportunities I have to get out and about are precious to me -- and I'm in Seventh Heaven when I am able to get myself done and get out -- my interest and enjoyment never flag -- yet sometimes it is simply too much work, takes too much time and effort, in comparison to the time I'd be able to enjoy my presentation, and I simply have to make a basic cost/benefit analysis that leads me to do something less demanding -- being a woman is a lot of work!

docrobbysherry
03-10-2011, 12:08 AM
Boring, Il? Yes, of course! After 2 weeks of planning and an entire weekend wasted dressing and shooting pics, well, u know! I've had enuff of THAT NONSENSE! So many more productive things to do with my time!

Organize the garage. Clean the house. Read a newspaper. Watch the Lakers or Ducks.

OMG! Did u see the dress on that hottie in the 1st row? I think I saw one like it at Goodwill. I MUST head over tomorrow and see if they still have it! Oh yeah, and I need some brown knee hi boots, a new Spanx, and I'll go by the 99 Cents store for some dark tites------what else? I just KNOW I'm forgetting something!?

Frédérique
03-10-2011, 02:04 AM
Does crossdressing ever get "boring?"

It only gets boring when I find myself “discussing” the same old subjects over and over AND OVER with the same members, or new members, or anyone unfamiliar with the mysteries (or terminology) of crossdressing. It’s always fun, and never boring, to crossdress, but thinking too much about it turns a beautiful thing into a tedious exercise – I mean, it’s fun to talk about, but it’s much more fun to simply enjoy crossdressing and live with the inevitable consequences. Once I’m dressed, boredom is impossible to achieve…
:battingeyelashes:

Tanya C
03-10-2011, 02:24 AM
Well, every once in a while crossdressing may seem a little boing, but it's certainly not a problem that a new outfit wouln't solve. Or a new pair of cute shoes.

erickka
03-10-2011, 06:28 AM
Not at all. If anything, the older I get, the more interesting and fulfilling crossdressing has become.

Loni
03-10-2011, 10:07 AM
to me life gets boring.
not that i am going to off my self. but some days why get up, but then i do work way too many hrs a day/week. could just be tired.
and then again i do get up 4 hrs early just so i can dress before going to work. as i sleep in a nightie, under dress all the time, most of my "boy" things were bought in the woman's dept. only boy things are the required shoes, pants and top for work.
so if dressing is boring. bring it on. as i like this kind of boring.
this past week my mom even bought (i paid, will not let her pay when we go shopping) a new dress, just needs a "short" jacket to cover my shoulders.

Rachel05
03-10-2011, 02:53 PM
No it never gets boring for me, it gets frustrating not to be able to do it often enough, like now I would love to be fully dressed and I can't be

RADER
03-10-2011, 02:59 PM
Since I retired, and joined this forum; I dress more than ever. Still in the closet,
but go out under dressed and in my fem jeans most of the time. A lot braver than
I was a few years ago, and I can blame the forum for giving me courage and conviction.

Rader

Tanya83
03-10-2011, 03:35 PM
The only time it's boring is when you can't.

Stephanie47
03-11-2011, 02:51 AM
Does dressing in guy mode ever get boring? Guy mode is boring-white jockey shorts, white tee shirt, white sweat socks, black jeans and not much else. I guess all male animals except humans are the colorfully adorned of the species. Male mode is boring! I love choosing between my sixty-six dresses rather than picking up either my black or blue jeans.

Electra
03-11-2011, 10:46 AM
It hasn't so far for me and I have been doing it for several years.

TGMarla
03-11-2011, 11:17 AM
Like others, I'm not sure "boring" is the right word to use. At times it gets tedious, and there have been times when I'm all decked out and I think to myself, "Well, here you are again. Now what?" But it is still intriguing enough to me to continually look for new things to wear, and there is always an excitement about trying things on for the first time. And for every time the so-called boredom kicks in, there are ten other times when I can't wait to get dressed and get pretty. The thing is, with women's clothing, it's seldom the same ol' same ol'. There's a lot of variety to choose from, and usually an outfit to fit your mood.

sweetjan
03-11-2011, 11:26 AM
I can only hope crossdressing does not get boring. I am very excited about it. I have a wife who helps me. I do not feel i can dress up enough. When I do it feels so wonderful and natural. I try to always have some article of female clothing on at all times, if possible.

ebonycd
03-11-2011, 03:26 PM
I think it's super fun!

kristinacd55
03-11-2011, 03:31 PM
Never boring for me, much much more interesting especially since the beginning of this year (going to support group meetings, shopping enfemme, and going to a club!). Just think when you get to be the ripe old age of 56 like me! So much excitement!

Cassandra
03-13-2011, 07:23 PM
Nope it never does for me.

Raychel
03-13-2011, 07:35 PM
I don't ever get bored wit the actual dressing, Sometime I do get bore while dressed, But not from the dressing, Just because I a couped up in the house and no-one else is around. That can be boring sometimes.

NathalieX66
03-13-2011, 08:20 PM
Nope, I always look for more outlets to go out & be me.

rachaelsloane
03-13-2011, 09:38 PM
Never boring, the hardest part is deciding what outfit I am going to wear to work today and do I have the right shoes.

Tara Lutschich
03-13-2011, 11:29 PM
Never boring. Love shopping, dressing, looking in the mirror, just being self.

Cari
03-14-2011, 01:41 AM
For me boring may fit to some degree at times; Routine is a better description.
I have cycles or phases, and dressing when Im not really feeling it can be very routine.
Maybe my fem traits are just on vacation sometimes :-)

I remember planning a nite out, and when it arrived I just didnt feel like dressing.
Normally I spend a few hours,relax and enjoy doing makeup and seeing the changes; that nite I was ready in about 40 minutes and it felt like a task.
Still enjoyed the evening, but it was more about socializing than being or getting dressed.
Hard to explain but I just didnt feel "pretty" that night, it was like I was wearing a costume.

Also if I dress too much it can get routine and a little boring just the way Im wired.

sometimes_miss
03-14-2011, 08:40 PM
For some of us, it's not about excitement. I crossdress because I feel 'normal' in female clothing, and a bit out of place whenever dressed as a guy. It's not 'boring', it just, well, 'is'.

Tara Lutschich
03-14-2011, 09:47 PM
Never boring, always anxious for this am make up choice, clothes choice or what I may find in the stores.

zoe m
03-14-2011, 10:23 PM
It does get boring occasionally, but the fun always seems to come back...

Samantha43
03-15-2011, 02:40 PM
No. Never has and I doubt it ever will.

stephiemont
03-15-2011, 03:19 PM
Nope, it just gets normal. Perhaps that takes the edge off - not for me though. Still only really feel OK en femme.
Stephie M

Trudy22
03-15-2011, 03:24 PM
Definitely not for mee :-) I just can't wait to get home from my office job to get dressed from top to bottom :-)

Jilmac
03-15-2011, 03:28 PM
Well, certainly not for me.
Just turned 50 and I'm enjoying crossdressing more than ever.
I still love shopping for clothes, trying on new outfits,
discovering new styles of lingerie, etc. etc. and, of course, learning
from others on this wonderful website.
So, for me, crossdressing never seems to get "boring" and
I'm curious to know if that's the case for others out there?

Same for me after 52 years of dressing it's still a wonderous adventure.

evett135
03-15-2011, 04:01 PM
Yes it does. But when it does, I just go to the store and buy a new dress. Than, that borning day turns out to be a good day. You know how we Cross Dressers are. Shopping, shopping, shopping.

Linda St. John
03-15-2011, 05:51 PM
I'm basically androgenous after 12 years of hormones and dress daily in a real mix of jeans and tops. I don't feel bored at all especially when I'm going out with some guy friends and I forget to switch the pink cami for a Budweiser t-shirt...no not boring !:o

Thea Pauline
03-15-2011, 06:26 PM
There is so much to learn, I can't imagine it ever getting boring. The more I dress, the more I want to dress. Hmm. Wonder what that means...

Renae

Jonianne
03-15-2011, 06:28 PM
Identifying with females, in my own way, never gets boring, but fully dressing does after a while. Fully dressing more than once every month or two, then I start to feel like - "Oh well, been there, done that".

When I was in Triess, it was hard to maintain going even once a month. I ended up only going to 6 or 7 meetings. I still am very much a crossdresser and identify as such, even though I don't actually dress all that much. I do love to check in here every day and maintain friends with other cd'ers and GG's.

il.dso
03-17-2011, 04:28 PM
Thanks for all of the great responses!
Always interesting to learn about the
experiences of others.

Wendy G
03-19-2011, 06:12 PM
It never gets boring. I seems that each day, I make a slight adjustment in my make up application that improves my appearance. Also, I've been trying to get my body more fit. This improvement is showing each day and it keeps me motivated. I've intensified my crossdressing greatly the last 6 months. I thought at some point the excitement would wear off, but that is not the case. I'm more invigorated than ever.

Tina P Hose
03-19-2011, 08:32 PM
Crossdressing and being bored ? Yes on this sight and flickr.

girlfan
03-20-2011, 05:47 AM
i love the feeling of it being normal,I like the fact that I no longer get any erection at all when dressed,it just feels really nice and comfortable ,I think as my male hormones fade with age that im finding that I want to become much more feminine and lady like ,I get really jealous of girls having such a lovely shape , and ive grown to hate my thing, never boring .

girlfan
03-20-2011, 05:50 AM
I am so happy that there is no cure for my condition.

tamarav
03-20-2011, 12:24 PM
Nope, never. Not once in over 50 years of dressing.