PDA

View Full Version : Things are finally progressing for me

Jinny M
03-09-2011, 09:29 PM
Hi Everyone , I haven't posted in a while.

I'm excited things are finally moving foward.. My theraphist has completed my refferal letter and sent it to transgender health clinical team leader for Fenway Health in Boston,MA.
They have reviewed and accepted my refferal letter and I have my 1st appointment with them on March 16th for them to go over my labs and give me a physical and setup a HRT treatment plan . :)

I also had my 1st laser hair removal treatment on my face 3 weeks ago and I was amazed when while washing my face with the expohliating pad when I looked at it and saw alot of hair on it. I go again for my 2nd appointment on March 29th

and finally I'm getting the rest of my body waxed this Friday, March 11th.

It feels so good to have some progress going in the right direction , I just had to share .

Thanks for reading ,
Jinny

Stephanie Clarke
03-09-2011, 10:02 PM
I'm happy for you that things are finally moving along. Enjoy the ride but beware the bumps... waxing ... ouch. It's a satisfying pain though... good luck.

Melody Moore
03-09-2011, 10:26 PM
finally I'm getting the rest of my body waxed
Everything sounds great, its always good to read a story where someone is going forward in the most positive of ways.

My only advice is just watch those in-grown hairs, they can be a real bitch.:heehee:

Jinny M
03-09-2011, 11:23 PM
Thank You Ladies ,

I'm both very excited and nervous about it. I know I'm going to be in for a roller coaster ride once on the Hormones.
My wife is very understanding and supportive of me and the HRT. Knowing that comforts me to know she'll be here for me in my times of feeling up and down ..

From what we understand once the hormones start working in the brain there can be alot of ups and downs till the brain evens out. I'm just worried about losing interest in things I enjoy as a man, I like riding my Harley and ATV's , my wife likes them too , so I'm thinking positive and thinking that me loving to ride and work on them won't change.

Of course once the hormones help feminize me and it starts showing and being noticed by friends and family , I'll have to let them all know and though I'll still like to ride , I just may need some new friends to ride with , if the ones I have currently won't be able to accept and understand. As long as Myself and wife are happy thats all that matters.

I greatly appreciate your support ,
Jinny

Melody Moore
03-10-2011, 12:25 AM
I don't think that you are in any danger of losing interest in the things you love to do most of all.

And how do you know those who you currently ride with won't be able to accept? My best trans friend
is a motorcycle mechanic and custom builds Harley's for a living, those that she works with really do look
out for her and won't let anyone put shit on her being a trans-female. She says most of the bikers she
knows are really cool and respect her courage and integrity to be herself in that type of an environment.

I can't say I have had nothing but respect as well from some of the most macho of men.

Inna
03-10-2011, 01:09 AM
Yey, go girl! It is all good, as to presumptions of what may be, deal with them when time arrives, for now go with the wind of change into life's course as it may.
Love, Alexia.

Jinny M
03-10-2011, 10:00 AM
Thank You Stef , Melody And Alexia !

My only other concern is when it comes time to be intamant with my wife ,, I'm still married and well have to uphold my part of the bargin.. My primary care told me to voice those concerns while I'm at this up coming appointment and they can go over options with me for my HRT care plan. He said , everyone's bodies are different and everyone responds differently.

So , I guess I'll find out more and will feel at ease after my appointment.

Thanks Again ,

Jinny

gretchen2
03-10-2011, 10:26 AM
How exciting, and relieving, I am happy for you. I have always been a very avid ATV rider and if I did not break somthing on the ride it was not a good ride. Now I still like to ride I just don't break anything, I'm safer now or maybe timid is a better word. The emotional stuff (meltdowns) really sucked for me but it sure felt good to get it out, I have leveled off now after 11mo. and life is reaally good. Enjoy.

Jinny M
03-10-2011, 10:52 AM
Thanks Gretchen , Nice to see another women ATV rider among us .. too bad your so far away , we could hit the trails together.

Jinny

Jorja
03-10-2011, 12:50 PM
Yea, for you!!!! I am glad to hear you are moving forward. Hormones can be tough for some till the body settles out. I know you can do it especially with a loving, caring wife at your side. As for losing interest in manly things, who's to say they are manly? I own, ride, and repair 4 Harleys, Two 49' panheads, a 63 FLH panhead and a 1993 Heritage Softail. That is when I am not crusin around in my 46 Chevy pickup or my 34 Chevy Coupe.

Life is what you make it. Go for it!

Jinny M
03-10-2011, 05:04 PM
Thank You Jorja ,

I've always loved ,Bikes and ATV's ,, so I hope I don't lose interest. My wife loves them too , so it should be easy for me to keep interest. I'm actually about to have a new work shop/shed put up in the yard. I have a few of my toys that I have to continue to work on. I just gotta make sure I dont break any nails , I'm trying to let them grow out.

We also have a 48 Chevy Coupe . I do know the new work shop wont be called the man cave , I joked with my wife and said I'll put a sign up reading ,,, The Pow(d)er Room !

Jinny

AKAMichelle
03-10-2011, 11:33 PM
It definitely sounds like you are on your way. I hope you have a smooth journey.

Jinny M
03-11-2011, 07:03 AM
Thank You Michelle ! I'm up early this morning , I have my appointment to get a full body wax today. Hopefully it wont be to bad.

Thanks Again ,
Jinny

Jinny M
03-16-2011, 08:07 PM
YAy ,, I just wanted to give an update. I got totally waxed Friday 3/11 ,, Ouchy !! I went to Fenway Health Today 3/16 , I dressed in tight womens jeans , womens sneakers ,womens blue and black zebra knee socks , womens t-shirt and womens sweat shirt of course matching bra and panty's, Perfume and earings . They addressed me as Jinny the whole time. I met with the Doctor , she was great. It didn't phase anyone what I was wearing , We discused my treatment plan , I signed ALOT of paper work and I got my scripts , I don't think I can list what and the dosage. I also have a follow up appointment and also labs done at that time.. I also took the Commuter Rail and Subway in and out no problems ,, 3 different trains in all. I highly recommend Fenway health to everyone here in the New England Area. they accept all insurances , if no insurance they work with you on what you can afford and they have thier pharmacy on sight.. They also have a Transgender Health Team ,made up of Theraphyst, Doctors,

Jinny

amielts
03-17-2011, 08:50 PM
Congratulations, and good luck for your journey ahead! It will be difficult but if that's what you need then you'll have to do it, I guess.