PDA

View Full Version : One of the Best "Girl" Days

Christy_M
03-10-2011, 12:10 AM
So I decided to play hooky from work yesterday. I am not sure why but I used to be able to brag about only having called in sick 2 times in a twenty year span but I have done that twice in the last 6 months so maybe I am out of control. ...but I digress...

I told the wife I was going on a day trip to visit a vendor and would be home late. I hate the lying but didn't want to hear about how I can call in sick for Christy but not to spend a day with her. Of course every time I mention playing hooky our schedules never sync. ...but I digress, again...

So I left the house at 5:30 AM and parked at my favorite changing spot and got all dolled up. Tuesday's are my normal therapy appointments so I went to my shrink en femm (the second time) and after that, I drove 3 hours to Portland to a transformation studio.

I pulled all my stuff out of my truck and had a 4 hour fashion consult. We found a bunch of things in my stash that we could match together and found a bunch of stuff that was too small. all in all, she complimented me on my fashion sense and told me that I didn't really need too much help in that department. I did decide to buy a new cincher that really holds stuff together. It looks like it is rubber but it really smoothed stuff out. Apparently as I start padding my self, I develop side boobs and additional back fat...who knew.

Next, we talked about hair. Specifically what I had was a hot mess. She told me I should wear long hair with my big shoulders becasue it causes the hair to bunch up and tangle and then just look crappy. She recommended medium length hair (of which I had one wig already). She then taught me how to care for these things so they would last longer and retain more of their shape.

Finally, she gave me a make-up lesson. I had my video camera and filmed the whole event. She taught me trick on application and what not to do. She showed me how to shade and accentuate to make a more feminine look. By the time I left it had been almost 9 hours and I was complimented on my look.

She did a wonderful job. I ended up buying wig care products, make-up products and the cincher I mentioned earlier. This is some of the best money I have spent because I really felt pretty. She told me that I had so much natural beauty that I only needed a few things added to be passable. Now I know she is in the business to bloat my ego but she really made me feel good about myself and how I present.

The whole three hour drive home I felt giddy. I wanted so much to be able to go somewhere and show myself off. Of course by the time I got home it was almost midnight and I had to work this morning but I had so much inner peace and felt so much self worth the whole way home I just wanted to share.

Thak you for letting me brag about my day. I only have one picture but here it is...

Christy

Debglam
03-10-2011, 12:19 AM
Yay Christy! Sounds like a great day! You look FABULOUS!

:hugs:
Deb

Rachel Mari
03-10-2011, 01:35 AM
So Christy... Where did you go in Portland? I live in Portland and I have been thinking of getting transformed and from your post, I would assume you'd recommend this place.

Rachel

dsweet
03-10-2011, 02:02 AM
Gosh, I'm so new to this that the thought of going out en femme seems terrifying! But obviously, I still have areas to cover (makeup, wigs, wardrobe) before I could be passable :heehee: Anyways, it sounds like you had a wonderful day and I'm so happy for you. Like I said, I am very new to this, so the endorphins are still running high when I dress and start to feel my outside represent what is inside :) I can only imagine how you must have felt to be accepted by the stylist and all dolled up! :D

BobbieCrescent
03-10-2011, 03:20 AM
When you're lying to your wife, ditching work, and driving three hours both ways, there's likely a problem. Hate to spoil the party, but this is something you probably need to hear.

LisaM
03-10-2011, 10:15 AM
You look terrific, Christy!

Joan Lea
03-12-2011, 09:22 AM
Judging by the photo is was a day well spent

Jessica_Dillon
03-12-2011, 09:38 AM
you look fabulous, and your hair is perfectly matched to you! Great style.

Deanna B
03-12-2011, 09:49 AM
hi your pic is beautiful. it sounds like you had a great day . i am so please for you . a day to remember . take care love deanna

jonie
03-12-2011, 11:02 AM
Gosh, would'nt it be great if you could share your happiness with your wife?

Linda Stockings
03-12-2011, 03:56 PM
You look great, Christy. I've been dreaming of having a day like that.

Enjoy,

Linda

VictoriaP
03-12-2011, 04:12 PM
Terrific honey! I am jealous! You look so wonderful, and I am sure that the inner joy you felt is part of the reason you look so beautiful. You go girl!

Christy_M
03-13-2011, 02:18 AM
Thank you so much for the compliments. It was wonderful. I do know I have a problem that is hard to control. I never take cmfort in lying to my wife or my job but sometimes that pink fog is hard to navigate through. Not making excuses but openly expressing my struggles. I really want my wife to know Christy and not just know of her. I think we share the same fear and that is feelings changing once she sees me dressed. We have come a long way these past 7 months and I am hopeful there will be more progress as time goes by.

Hugs,
Christy

Missy Tanya
03-13-2011, 10:02 PM
So let me get this straight. I can call in a sick day for Tanya. Oh My, I feel a fever coming on right now. You look great and from the sounds of it had a great day. You go girl!!!

Tanya