PDA

View Full Version : This "admirer" is actually my friends dad eeek!!

blondetasha
03-10-2011, 08:41 AM
Hi everyone!

Im a member of another forum and the funniest thing happened yesterday. I got a message for a guy asking to befriend me, and after seeing his picture, it turns out to be one of my friends Dads!! :eek: I thought it was only fair to reply, and let him know it was me, can only imagine the surprise on his face!!

Now, im kinda in the closet - only people im close to know about Tasha so I had a panic! But now im thinking, actually he would then have to explain how he knows, and also have to explain stuff to his wife! Also seeing that he has had 'meets' with other girls!!

One good thing is it means im not recognisable if others stumble across pics!!
Such fun :devil:

Cynthia Anne
03-10-2011, 08:51 AM
Yeah! You would think he would be smart enough to keep his mouth shut! He stands to lose more than you! Hugs!

blondetasha
03-10-2011, 08:58 AM
So so true!! Im not worried at all - to be fair, im not really that bothered about people knowing anymore. But he would be screwed if anyone found out.

Angiemead12
03-10-2011, 09:05 AM
Thats exactly why Im out online! If you found me then you were looking too!

GingerLeigh
03-10-2011, 10:00 AM
Frankly I find it more than a little frightening and suspicious that it's your friend's father. Be careful, especially around him. Who knows what he thinks of you knowing about his online escapades. Keep your guard up, not it's not cute or funny. It's scary.

kimdl93
03-10-2011, 10:16 AM
hopefully this new friend will be discreet and keep his distance. Not a good situation since he seems to be deceiving his wife.

blondetasha
03-10-2011, 10:26 AM
Call me naive but honestly, what is there to be scared of? I know the guy, he aint gonna do anything to hurt me. He can think what he wants.

Morally I dont like what he is doing, but its not my business to get involved.

GingerLeigh
03-10-2011, 10:38 AM
"I know the guy, he aint gonna do anything to hurt me."

You know him huh? Until recently you didn't know that he was an admirer that has met others online and off. Who really knows what what he is capable of doing to keep his secrets. I'm saying keep your guard up, and prepare for anything.

You may be right, it's none of your business to get involved. However if he gets found out and tells about how you knew and didn't say anything, you would be less one more friend no? I'm not saying get involved, I'm saying your situation is more sticky than you believing and requires more serious attention.

I had a friend have an affair with some other friend's girlfriend/fiancee while he was away overseas. I caught them, made them tell. If my friend knew I knew and didn't tell, that would have ended a friendship that I still cherish today.

BTW, we're still all friends, but he they never married after that.

Ginger

blondetasha
03-10-2011, 10:49 AM
I appreicate your points, but this is a little dramatic for my situation. Just because I didnt know about his antics with CDs, Im still a good judge of character and know that he will not physically harm me. The only thing that could happen is he could tell people about Tasha, and that doesnt bother me.

Fair point about my friend but in this situation, its def not my place to get involved so I will have to live with that. Plus im sure he would understand my position if it comes to it.

Michelle.M
03-10-2011, 12:27 PM
Call me naive but honestly, what is there to be scared of? I know the guy, he aint gonna do anything to hurt me. He can think what he wants.

Morally I dont like what he is doing, but its not my business to get involved.

My spider sense is tingling.

Look, I am a very trusting person. Naive, even. But even I have to speak up.

This guy obviously has secrets that would cause him problems if his family and associates found out. He has interests to protect, and you ARE being naive if you doubt that he might go to extremes if he even imagines that action on his part is needed.

On top of that, he probably sees you as the "weaker sex" at least in some way. If he needs to take action he's probably not too concerned about his ability to do so.

If he does need to exert some sort of power over you he knows he can. And consider this - most girls (GG or trans) who are raped or assaulted (or both) have that done to them by someone they know.

Do not take this lightly.

Chickhe
03-10-2011, 12:38 PM
It is best to ignore his request and forget anything happened. If you respond, you become involved by default and implicated when his actions go sour.

StarrOfDelite
03-10-2011, 01:40 PM
It is best to ignore his request and forget anything happened. If you respond, you become involved by default and implicated when his actions go sour.

This is the best course. Admirers are accustomed to having 90% of their requests for "friendship and more" ignored. Does the website have a "block" or "ignore" button which would prevent him from ever emailing you or viewing your profile again? I'm not sure, but I think some of them do.

NicoleScott
03-10-2011, 02:52 PM
I would advise an immediate termination of communication with him, without explanation.

the_me
03-10-2011, 07:05 PM
One good thing is it means im not recognisable if others stumble across pics!!
Such fun :devil:

Is it wrong that it really does sound like fun?! Hehe.

sterling12
03-10-2011, 10:07 PM
This is going to make things VERY Uncomfortable at The Next Neighborhood Bar-B-Que! Perhaps you might want to avoid A Public Proximity to his Person. That MIGHT keep everybody cool! You do have "ammunition." You have a secret.....and he has a secret! I'll bet that given a choice, you both want to keep it that way.

Peace and Love, Joanie

AshleyJones
03-11-2011, 08:34 AM
I am only out to less than a hand full of people one of which lives two states over and has a big mouth and tells everyone that lives by her. Seeing as how she lives two states away this shouldn't be a problem because no one will ever find out. Right? Wrong. problem is she is my best friend/ sister so now I am terrified of ever taking anyone with me when I go to visit her.

Stephenie S
03-11-2011, 03:29 PM
I just saw this on Oprah the other day.

Something like 90% of sexual violence is perpetrated by people who know their victims.

Run, do not walk from this pervert. He's bad news. Now you know it, and now he knows you know it.

blondetasha
03-12-2011, 07:01 AM
Hi everyone, thanks for your replies.
A couple of thoughts...

Michelle
"On top of that, he probably sees you as the "weaker sex" at least in some way. If he needs to take action he's probably not too concerned about his ability to do so." Im not scared of him, he knows me as my male self and he knows my friends. I very much doubt he would even think about gettting at me, it would be a huge huge mistake if he did.

Joanie
"This is going to make things VERY Uncomfortable at The Next Neighborhood Bar-B-Que! Perhaps you might want to avoid A Public Proximity to his Person. "
It wont be uncomfortable for me, just gonna act normal, not sure why it would be such a big deal. Might be difficult for him but thats not my problem, hes in the wrong not me.

Ashley
I sympathise with your situation, however mine is somewhat different. A lot of people know about Tasha, and it doesnt bother me if anyone else finds out. In my view, if people done like it, then they can lump it.

Stephenie
"Run, do not walk from this pervert. He's bad news. Now you know it, and now he knows you know it. "
That sounds like a Daily Mail headline. Where did the point of sexual violence come from?? Just because he chats up people on the internet and arranges meets (behind his wifes back), it does not mean he is going to sexually assault anyone. I bet most of us know people that chat up people on the internet and cheat. It does not mean they are sexual predators.

Some interesting conversation going on here, and some good points.
Thanks

Rogina B
03-12-2011, 07:18 AM
How did this admirer get sentenced to death and hung so fast? Tasha started the thread by commenting that she was a bit uncomfortable in friending someone she already knew in boy mode.Doesn't mean she has to be in a dark alley with him! And,if he ever did figure out who she really is,like Sterling said,he is apt to keep that secret to himself. Tasha isn't worried for her safety,so why ramp up the alert with no justification in her instance?

Sharon B.
03-12-2011, 07:44 AM
I know the feeling I was on another web-site last week when I had started communicating with another member and he said he knew me personally and had knew that I dressed as a woman for a number of years. I put two and two together and realized who he was and what he was wearing in the picture. I dropped off of that site and will probably never say anything to him about what happen the next time I see him.

christinac
03-12-2011, 07:56 AM
Not to make light out of your situation, but I would have loved to have been that proverbial "bug on the wall" and saw the look on his face when he saw your reply message.

blondetasha
03-12-2011, 08:02 AM
haha! i can just imagine. he simply replied to me "f&^%, no worries'

kristinacd55
03-12-2011, 08:06 AM
EEK is right! And woah boy cool ur heels....i think that's someone u should just steer clear of :)

jonie
03-12-2011, 11:12 AM
Frankly I find it more than a little frightening and suspicious that it's your friend's father. Be careful, especially around him. Who knows what he thinks of you knowing about his online escapades. Keep your guard up, not it's not cute or funny. It's scary.

Could be a problem i agree.