PDA

View Full Version : What items "define" you as a man/woman/CD/TG?

RachR
03-10-2011, 09:43 PM
Hi everyone, I'm working on a photography project, and I've been thinking about how to use my CD'ing in my work. For this project I was thinking of photographing items that define us as CD or TG along with items that are stereotypically male and female. The attached caption will be used to hopefully educate people on CD and TG issues and dispel stereotypes.

For myself I know what items I believe define me as a man and as a CD, but I'd like to get other people's input and insight as to what physical items they feel defines them as a male/female/CD/TG. Also, suggestions as to what you feel is a stereotypically male or female item would be helpful as well.

Thanks in advance!
:love:
Rachael

Haley Heather
03-10-2011, 10:20 PM
I'm going with these beautiful red pumps I've had for quite a while, my favorites :) and my lawn mower ....:meditate:

not sure I'm the best person to be awnsering the question of steriotypes though.

Stephanie Miller
03-10-2011, 10:37 PM
Quite unconventional, but still should be noted : A brain/hypothalumus photo
Now the powers that be have decided that there is a gay brain. Scientists studied the sizes of the left and right brains of 90 people, and found that, "Gay men and heterosexual women had halves of a similar size, while the right side was bigger in lesbian women and heterosexual men." So gay men have brain halves like straight women, and gay women have brain halves like straight men. The thought pattern is that crossdressers fall into the side of gay males and heterosexual women as well. Got that? This will be on the test.

If it isn't true... don't shoot the messanger. I'm not a doctor. I'm just trying to help.

Haley Heather
03-10-2011, 10:39 PM
..... my brain hurts

sissystephanie
03-10-2011, 10:57 PM
The clothes I am wearing at a particular time describe whether I am a crossdresser or not. I am a man, and always will be, no matter what I am wearing. But if I have on femminine clothes than obviously I am a crossdresser!

Sophie86
03-10-2011, 11:34 PM
I'm not sure that "define" is the best word, but the two items that I consider Sophie's essentials are my wig and my forms. Picture them arranged on a table with the wig on its stand, and the forms out in front... That would make a good photo.

For my guy self? I dunno... maybe my favorite pair of jeans, hiking boots, boxers... something like that.

Suzette Muguet de Mai
03-10-2011, 11:52 PM
Man -> the twins and the guide post down below
CD->The time spent in shaving, Nylons, dress, makeup
Woman-> desire for perfect body, no monthly issues, cattiness
TG-> NO IDEA
Main issue is "acceptance"

Chickhe
03-11-2011, 12:10 AM
Well... its the sequence in the transformation. Each successive step brings me from my male self to a female version. You could do a sequence of photos with a woman on one end a man on the other and all the subtle changes in sequence to arrive at one or the other. - like a morph.

darla_g
03-11-2011, 12:23 AM
I think to equate crossdressing to one item or item(s) smacks too much of fetishism.

I think it is more the entire "package" or trying to achieve some resemblance of an attractive woman is what I am going for. I rarely achieve my goal.

ChanDelle
03-11-2011, 12:33 AM
So let's see now. I have a male body but if I wear male clothes I feel like a cross dresser. But if I wear female clothes, I must feel like an uncross dresser? Or is it cross un-dresser? Maybe a straight dresser? And if my brain's too big for my head why's my hat size so small? Hmmmm. No wonder my head hurts. And I used to think it was the clip-ons until I got my ears pierced. Now what do I blame it on?

ChanDelle

docrobbysherry
03-11-2011, 01:52 AM
I live in a MAN'S house, Rach. Dirty, messy, sloppy. Things laying around. Thotlessly dropped here and there!

I was at a single, older WOMAN'S house earlier. Neat, clean, designer perfect! EVERYTHING in it's exactly correct place. Obviously, after much thinking and planning! Even her entire yard and landscape was perfect!

That's always stood out as a big differences between genders to me. The way men and women live at home.

Cari
03-11-2011, 01:53 AM
Ive always wanted to compose a shot stepping out of a closet.
Its not an item but seems to be the space that kinda defines my CDing.
It just feels like the closet just gets bigger and nicer but never really goes away.
(mine covers three states so Im not complaining)

I dont know why; but Im thinking of feminine tasks I accomplish in a manly way.
Like my "MAN"icure using a dremel tool and spray paint while the nails are on a work stand would be interesting.

Maybe a purse with stereotypical mens stuff in it may make an interesting shot.
Or the opposite a mans billfold with fem stuff sticking out.

CDing has definately killed the idea that any item defines me as masculine or feminine.

I forgot one item that identifies me as CD/TG is a pin with the T-Flag on it.
I dont advertise much but do have one.

As for stereotypical stuff women win hands down; so many items heels ect
Men basically have the jock strap and maybe a tie the rest is Ok for women to wear.
Maybe Old spice is still distinctly masculine.
Again Im not complaining; just the way it is. I fel its mainly because are much more willing to explore and play with image and fashion than men.

Any positive images of CD's are needed and welcome good luck with your project.

dethklok
03-11-2011, 02:08 AM
I believe what defines you is the way you act and the way you WANT to be defined i am a male who doesnt crossdress but knows plenty of womens anatomy (have a four year old and studied for pregnancy like i was taking the bar exam) and have female friends that ask me my opinion on things and i give it honestly but like i said you is there is no real way to define someone unless thats how they want to be defined otherwise youre labeling people and no one likes to be labeled

KrystalA
03-11-2011, 07:06 AM
I would say that what "defines" me is my frame of mind at any particular time, and what I happen to be doing at that time. It can't be narrowed down to one thing. Life is too complex for that.

Elena Ornamental
03-11-2011, 07:42 AM
Letting the thought jell for a time, I suggest stereotypical categories of objects for men, tools and for women, dolls. Hope this sparks some creativity.

darla_g
03-11-2011, 12:22 PM
Not all women keep a tidy house! that is another stereotype

Let's bash all the stereotypes today

Jena Fox
03-11-2011, 12:29 PM
Items don't identify who I am.

BLUE ORCHID
03-11-2011, 07:01 PM
Opening the closet door and getting dressed in front of a mirror piece by piece till my wig goes on that's my crowning glory.

Orchid