PDA

View Full Version : Receptionist Was Sooo Friendly!

Sarasometimes
03-11-2011, 08:07 AM
I called a new salon the other day to make a pedicure appointment and once we had a good time slot for me I mentioned that I dress and that I would want polish and that I wanted to be sure whoever was doing my pedi was OK with that. April, a receptionist and hairdresser whom i was talking to said "No problem, in fact I embrace that." She further assured me the Jenell, the nail tech would be fine with it as well. As she booked the appointment of course she needed my name and she said "Your name is so cute! I can't wait to meet you Sara and the good news that I'm here tomorrow when you come in."
I inquired about hair services and she said she would book a consult for after my pedi if I would like.
Well, the pedi was one of the best I have ever had. They have a private area just for pedis and Jenell was very skilled and we had such great girly small talk. Fashion, vacations and shopping to name a few subjects. Janene did a nice consult and she is going to set my hair on perm rods in two weeks for some really tight curls. I can't wait!!!:D

Cynthia Anne
03-11-2011, 08:34 AM
Don't you just LOVE it! IT'S SO NICE TO BE WELCOME! I always tip well when it goes like that! Hugs!

Sarasometimes
03-11-2011, 12:36 PM
I did too but the neatest part were the comments and support from staff members that had no chance at a tip. The receptionist, other hairdressers... So fantastic!

cute_michelle_cd
03-11-2011, 02:23 PM
I go for a mani and pedi almost every 2-3 weeks..... all the people are so nice. i have dressed and gone in "male mode". When i miss a few weeks they all ask where ive been and such. My wife got me to go 4 yrs back with her.... it was my b day and she thought my feet could use some help and I would like it. she was right!!!! now we go together when we have time... but I do go alone.
michelle

AKAMichelle
03-11-2011, 02:41 PM
it is very interesting to enter that world and be accepted. I think that may be the best part of being TG. We get to see a side of women that most men never dream of.

Sarasometimes
03-12-2011, 02:08 PM
Michelle,
One thing I have started doing that I learned from being in a femme environment, namely salons is giving more complements to strangers. Women complement each other much much more than men do!! It feels good to receive as well as give those complements! Also there are so many more smiles in feminine places!
When I was at the salon for my pedi, April was doing a highlight but she did make sure to introduce herself to me and she gave me a nice smile and asked if I was pleased with my pedi! As far as being accepted, I have found an overwelming number of salons are really welcoming members of our community. There are some exceptions but they are surely the minority.