PDA

View Full Version : would like help on crossdressing tips,from clothing,wigs makeup,ect.

sweetjan
03-11-2011, 11:41 AM
I would be happy for any tips on crossdressing. My wife encougages me to do it more but for some reason I do not. I feel more whole in womans clothes. I try to have at least one article of clothing on at all time. I am worried about my family finding out, even though at my age I should not care. I am on a fixed income so spending must be done wisely. I want to get a wig at some point. So any help would be great.:)

RenneB
03-11-2011, 11:52 AM
I too am over the 50cent age bracket and know somewhat your talkin' 'bout. This is the 'club' that will get you the chat you need to make the best of every buck. I'm in (as opposed to being out) and on a fixed income so most of my comfy clothes come from the *bay store. Most if not all are under $20 but I've been known to go up to a c-note on a few items that are must haves.

Renne.....

VickysBFF
03-11-2011, 12:55 PM
LV: I don't know where you are located or more about your situation but if you are interested in getting a wig I would highly recommend going out to a local wig shop. There is no substitute for actually being able to try on and see how wigs will really look on you. I have read of many folks on here getting wigs online and then being unhappy with them when they arrive. Since money is an issue you are better off doing a little homework and going out a seeing and trying on items if at all possible. if that is not possible where you live because of friends/family then you might want to look into a trip out of town to do some shopping.

alluts
03-11-2011, 01:18 PM
there are some good wigs on e-bay, just get one that matches your hair color for best look. Also remember..if the wig dosn't look GREAT in the picture you'll probably never get it to look good. Pics are best case scenario. I use thick hair detangler spray on my wigs to help brush them out after storage..works great. Go all out...buy a whole outfit, even if you have to go to the thift store..used clothes are sometimes even better than some of the ones you can find in the stores, there used to be a great store here called AJWRIGHT , gone now, but they had the best stripper shoes EVER!

sweetjan
03-11-2011, 01:45 PM
Thank you, getting out is a problem. We have no car at this time. I was hoping for sucess with the net.

Melissa Rose
03-11-2011, 01:55 PM
There are numerous videos on YouTube about makeup, hair styles, fashion, etc.. Some are specific to crossdressers and transgendered individuals. It takes a while to sort through all of them so set aside some time. Google is also very helpful for finding web sites with great information.

The main focus with wigs is matching your face shape to the hair style and the color to your complexion. A wig fitting is usually the best way to get exactly what you are looking for. You may be surprised as to what does and does not work for you. There is also the factor of your personal taste. A quick Google search of "hairstyle face shape" generated a lot of good hits.

Good luck in your searches. The journey of discovery can be quite fun sometimes.

bobbie sue
03-11-2011, 02:15 PM
hi i have never had a wig i have long natural hair i have lived 24/7 since i was 12 thanks to my mother and two sisters and now my loving s.o. wife

JenniferR771
03-11-2011, 03:22 PM
No car...well that is a toughie. But I have bought a lot of wigs from thrift stores. Keep shopping; short curly styles are not hard to find. A store about a mile from me has 4 on hand--I think they are marked $3.99. Shop around Halloween, say Oct first. My favorite thrift brings out a lot of wigs for Halloween. Not always the best--see avatar. Feel free to call ahead to the store...the girls will tell you if they have any on hand. Of course, you may have to come out to the girls--but that is fun--in its own way. And if they are not helpful and nice--shop elsewhere.