PDA

View Full Version : Long Hair

Adelaide
03-12-2011, 09:33 AM
Ever since I was a teenager, I’ve always dreamt of having very long hair. Unfortunately, due to a strict upbringing and work constraints, I’ve always had to keep my hair short...even if blessed with a full head of hair!

So, I bought a wig with long natural hair to my lower back. WOW! What a feeling...even better when I’m all dressed up. I feel so feminine and sensuous when wearing it.

But, 8 months ago, for the first time ever, I started to let my hair grow! From 1-2 inches, it's now 4 1/2 - 5 1/2 inches long. I love it! But my wife & 2 oldest kids don't....

Many of you seem to be able to let your hair grow long. How does it feel? Any pressure at work? With your family? How long do you want to let it grow?

How about those of you who must wear a wig like me. Do you also feel something special?

Can’t wait to hear from all of you!

Cynthia Anne
03-12-2011, 09:49 AM
It was somewhere last century the last time I had a haircut! I love it, but I get rude comments, to which I say: If you don't like the way I'm living, you just leave this long haired country girl alone!

KerryLynn
03-12-2011, 10:01 AM
I have always had long hair the last time I've cut it was 3 weeks ago because of split ends but mostly I get how people love my hair. :P

Jennifer in CO
03-12-2011, 10:15 AM
last time mine was 'cut' was November 1995. At shoulder length you can do lots of styling with it. When it was down at the belt, the only two options I had were down and braided. Its currently crawled up to just past bra-strap (when braided) and I pretty much still stick to braided or down. There is no pressure from the boss...since thats me. There is no client pressure since I never see them and they don't see me. When I'm on site at the clients customer, I'm very professional looking/dressed (dress slacks, top or blouse) so presentation is not in the way of what I do. You too can have long hair!

BTW...both my daughters were jealous when my hair was at my belt as neither had the patience to let it grow that long.

Jenn

Cristi
03-12-2011, 11:20 AM
Even many women don't wear their hair long anymore. The last time I looked around at work and the 40+ women in the company, my hair was longer than all but 2-3 of them.

I've been growing my hair long for over 15 years now. The only haircut I ever get it perhaps once a year when I trim a few inches from it just to even things off and get ride of split ends.

Right now, it is halfway down my back (below my bra band) when wet, but has enough natural curl that it appears shorter once it dries. I totally love having long hair. The only time it is annoying is when it is really hot (or I'm exercising) and it gets wet against my back... but I've learned to tie it up in a ponytail really high on my head when that happens to keep it off my back.

Even though I work in a really conservative place (suits and ties) I've never gotten any kind of hard time about my hair. Probably a big part of that is that I already had it when I got hired, so it was kind of 'grandfathered' in. I think that on a close reading it IS against the dress code (as are my earrings). When working, pull it all back into a ponytail but while at home I usually let it fall free, or use a few hair clips or some kind of clasp to keep it out of my eyes.

Stephanie Miller
03-12-2011, 11:25 AM
Grew up with a father that was (is) a Marine and short was the order of the day in our house. Until I left for college. Grew it out a little longer (past ears :eek: ) Cut it every so often after that because of jobs. Opened my own company 7 years ago and let it grow :D. Avitar is my hair now. Pony tail in guy mode, like avitar in girl mode. Wife hates it. (But after 35 years, we've learned how to "pick our battles". I don't get any comments from anyone else about it though.

Sara Jessica
03-12-2011, 11:36 AM
This one strikes very close to home for me because other than a couple slight trims, my hair has been growing out for about 16 months now.

How does it feel? Amazing no matter how I present. In guy mode, it's a constant expression of what's in my heart. In girl mode, it's priceless to be able to either have it styled or simply go basic. Either way, I find it enhances my ability to utterly blend in with the crowd as any other woman would.

Any pressure at work? None has been apparent. I think it's fair to say people are saying WTF? and my boss probably isn't too thrilled about it, espeically because I work in a corporate business environment where conservatism in appearance rules despite the fact we can be pretty darned casual except for when we're interfacing with clients in person.

With the family? Wife has gone from a "yeah, whatever" attitude to a pretty vicious turnabout, "cut it, I don't find it (you) attractive anymore" which of course hurts pretty bad. I have obtained a moritorium until after the upcoming DLV event saying I won't even entertain the idea of cutting it before then. My parents hate it, they think it's career advancement suicide which of course worries them. My girls really like it and I get a big kick out of them brushing it for me :).

How long do I want to let it grow? Another couple inches would be nice. And while I can make a little ponytail now, I need a little more length at the sides to be able to pull all the hair back without the loose wisps of hair fluttering about behind the ears. I think from a professional standpoint, a ponytail is my best bet but if I find that I must get it cut, that'll pretty much ruin that possibility. If I do cut it, I'm hoping I can do maybe 2-3 inches in the back, keep most of what I have on top and still be able to put together a feminine hairstyle.

Time will tell how this plays out. I desperately want to avoid having to go back to a wig.

Avitar is my hair now.

Absolutely love your hair Stephanie. As gorgeous as it is inspirational!!! :)

And you've been with her for 35 years? What? Get together when you were 5??? ;)

Pythos
03-12-2011, 12:02 PM
This is one of the wedge points when it comes to my mother and myself.

I have always wanted long hair, but mom insisted that every other week I have her friend cut it. And the style that it was cut I kid you not looked like a duck's butt. At first I liked it, until that term was applied. I also did not like how I would get bullied and made fun of due to my hair getting cut. (my school was a terrible place, I hated being there).

I wanted my hair to grow, and to this day do not get why we silly humans restrict the length of the hair of one sex, and not the other.

I mean, if the great maker really meant for our hair to be short, would it not then stop growing after a certain period of time? Why is it so gawd awful for a man to have long hair. The founding fathers had long hair. Some great men in history had long and beautiful hair. It makes no damned sense.

The girls I have been with prefer me to grow my hair out, the current one has unabashedly stated she finds long hair on guys to be "hot".

Julogden
03-12-2011, 12:08 PM
Regarding your wife not liking it, this is one of the things that tees me off. When my wife-to-be and I were dating, she had really long, straight hair that I thought was gorgeous, I've always found long hair to be very attractive. And as soon as we got serious and started talking about marriage, what did she do? Cut her hair way short in a unisex style, of course.

It seems that most women feel that a husband or boyfriend is a chauvinist if they protest their change in hair styles, but God forbid that their husband or boyfriend should want to grow their hair long and experiment a bit. That's one of those double standards that needs to die.

Carol

Haley Heather
03-12-2011, 12:08 PM
I now when I was a teenager it was considered highly rebellious for males to grow their hair out, especially where I grew up. To me though, it seems there have been great strides made in the perception of society when it comes to men with long hair. But there are still a great number of people who seem to insist on judging people by there appearance, even while knowing that that person is good and decent …

Jonianne
03-12-2011, 12:11 PM
I'm 54 and for the first time in my life I (after years of my wife's encouragement) finally started to let it grow over 2 years ago. It was 2 years ago when I went to a stylist and asked for a page hairstyle cut. She had no problem and started right away doing it just like any other female she does. Work has not been a problem at all.

Recently I asked one of the VP's what the others thought about my having long hair. She was suprised at my question and asked why would anybody even have any issues? She said nobody has ever mentioned it to her.

So much for all the time worring about what my bosses and coworkers might have been thinking. I rarely even pull it back, unless their is wind or the job calls for it. My profile pic shows how I wear it all the time, except for the barretts.

I sure wish now I had done it years ago.

Jennifer Sophia
03-12-2011, 12:41 PM
I had long hair for about 3 to 4 years during high school and a little bit after. I cut it once I decided to start looking for a job after I got my degree. I wish I hadn't cut it, and have been thinking about letting it grow out again. I don't remember anyone making bad comments, in fact my grandmother always said she liked my hair. She liked the thickness and the fact that it would start curling at the end after it got so long

5150 Girl
03-12-2011, 12:47 PM
Well, I grew up in the 80's whre long hair was the norm. I was, and still am, an 80's "hair metal" (as they call it thease days) rocker! And I am a VanHalen inspired guitar shreader. I recon this is how I get away with androgonous styles even when en-drab.
When one looks at Steve Tyler does he come off as a man in women's cloths, or do you see him as a rock star? It's all in the atitude, and I hold him up as evidence to that. (Steve is one of "us" and make no bones about it BTW)

Haley Heather
03-12-2011, 12:54 PM
Well, I grew up in the 80's whre long hair was the norm. I was, and still am, an 80's "hair metal" (as they call it thease days) rocker! And I am a VanHalen inspired guitar shreader. I recon this is how I get away with androgonous styles even when en-drab.
When one looks at Steve Tyler does he come off as a man in women's cloths, or do you see him as a rock star? It's all in the atitude, and I hold him up as evidence to that. (Steve is one of "us" and make no bones about it BTW)

There is still alot of the populace that see's individuals like Steve Tyler as crossdressers using there situation as an excuse for there behavior.For instance, my Dad see's things this way ....

VickysBFF
03-12-2011, 12:56 PM
I've been letting mine grow out for over two years now with the exception of a couple of trim and style jobs to do a feminine cut and style for an outing. It is really nice to have longer hair (it's about just past my shoulders now) to have the option of skipping a wig when that is inconvenient.
I don't work at the moment but when I did I only got one comment from the company president (and it was observational, just "oh, your hair has gotten long" and not anything judgmental). A good rule of thumb is if you have been at your job for some period of time and have a good work record most likely no one will say anything to you about breaking a dress code. If you are looking for a job or just starting one or you have rules about appearances because of dealing with the public it might be an issue.

Makina
03-12-2011, 01:23 PM
I have been keeping my hair long for about five years. My hair was quite short, and my wife asked me to let them grow. We both like the result. And it's great when I crossdress my wife can style my own hair. It's great in drab too, people I know are used to see me like this, and sometimes other people call me madam.

Now I wouldn't want to let them cut short. One time a conventional hairdresser cut y hair more than I asked, because it "didn't look good for a guy". I remember crying after coming back home. I never came back to that hairdresser.

Steph.TS
03-12-2011, 01:24 PM
I'm growing my hair out now, but a friend of mine doesn't like my idea of growing it out to should length, he says he's a traditional guy, so do I grow it out of cut it?

Charise52
03-12-2011, 01:26 PM
I have just let mine grow for years... I told everybody at work that i wanted a pony tail to ride my motorcycle with... the problem with that is it flaps in the wind and gets tangled... LOL So I have to keep it covered... everyone I know seems to like it long...

Haley Heather
03-12-2011, 01:27 PM
I'm growing my hair out now, but a friend of mine doesn't like my idea of growing it out to should length, he says he's a traditional guy, so do I grow it out of cut it?

I think it matters what you think as opposed to what he thinks, but that's just my opinion and I'm fiercely independent. :)

Melissa Jill
03-12-2011, 01:55 PM
I dunno about the older generations, but for the youth nowadays long hair on men goes unnoticed. I didn't even really think about it being weird until I read this thread.

Raindrop
03-12-2011, 02:01 PM
im in split minds haha as per, i love short hair cos after the gym or after its been rainin or somethin u can dry your head with a paper towel, ive been cuttin myself since 17 but recently been tempted to grow it in again, my sister has lovely hair but i dont really wanna lose my "hard man" image haha

Rachel Mari
03-12-2011, 02:14 PM
When I was in high school (Catholic HS) I was always being to told to cut my hair and I always took it the limit (got suspended once for three days). After that and before the Navy, it was to the middle of my back. 24 years later, I grew it back out again to the middle of my back but my wife hated it, had no desire for me. No one at work cared one bit, but some friends and my wife gave me a hard time. The kids loved it.

I ended getting it cut and gave the hair to Locks of Love. I'd like to grow it again, but the way things are now with my wife, it'd cause more hardship in the problems we're having.

I agree with others here about the double standard of who and who can't grow their hair long.

Pythos
03-12-2011, 02:15 PM
Raindrop, sorry to say, The "hard man image" needs to die. LOL.

By the way, I can think of no stronger men "harder just draws up too many conotations thanks to my GG, LOL), than Vikings, and Scottsmen. They have LONG ass and unkempt hair. LOL Nothing "soft" about them.

Raindrop
03-12-2011, 02:22 PM
I am a Scotsman! But times have changed, we all rock scars and shaven heads now haha

I love the whole split thing though, like ying and yang ie i dont want to throw myself off balance!

Anima and Animus

BLUE ORCHID
03-12-2011, 02:32 PM
Hi Adeliade, Had I been born in the 60's instead of the early 40's I probably would have had long hair.

I would love to have shoulder length blond hair but you just can't teach an old Dog new tricks.

So I will be happy with my many wigs Especially my shoulder length blond wig.

Orchid

Mary Morgan
03-12-2011, 02:35 PM
My father cut my hair until I was in high school and he only gave crew cuts. Then upon entering the workforce, my employers required the "clean cut" look. Then the military, then a career in law enforcement. Now I'm letting it grow out and I'm still getting looks and comments. Go for it before it is gone for good.

carhill2mn
03-12-2011, 03:28 PM
I also must wear a wig. To me, it is the "crowning glory" of the transformation. BTW, I do have more than one!

Roberta Marie
03-12-2011, 03:54 PM
When I was working in the fire department, I always pushed the limits on hair length, and only occaisionally got static about it. I always would just reply, "I get my hair cut twice a year, whether I need it or not!" Which was pretty much true. This was not so much a gender issue then, as I was still very much repressing my fem side, but rather a bit of the rebel in me. And when my barber, who I know from our kids being in school together, would ask how I wanted my hair cut, I would reply, "Short enough to please the Chief, long enough to please my wife."

Now that I've retired, or rather changed careers, I work for a company that supplies sound for concerts, shows, and other events. It's not unusual for most of the bands that we work for to have longer hair than mine, which is now just below my shoulders. My hair is the lonlgest of just about anyone in the company, including the women, but no one has ever said anything to me.

The only time that anybody says anything to me about my hair is when they haven't seen me in a few years, I hear, "Wow, I didn't recognize you with that hair!"

Unfortunatley, now that I'm able to enjoy long hair, it's getting quite thin in the front. So I now have a clip in hair piece which very closely matches my natural hair in both color and length, and does a great job of coveing the bald spots. It does limit the styling options somewhat, but that's a trade off, I guess.

My wife, by the way, seems to like my longer hair. Often while we're in the car, or sitting in a movie, she will reach over and start to play with it.

PretzelGirl
03-12-2011, 10:51 PM
My father was in the Navy, so I got hair cuts like he did. Then 20 years in the Army for me and things didn't change. I did start growing it out about 5 years ago. When it was in the awkward stage had a boy in a parking lot say "Mommy, that man has girl's hair". Used it once for a joke at a speech I had to give (and it went over well). Other than that, I don't hear much about it.

Work is great (I really work at a great place). The only work thing to ever really come up was that there was a bunch of us on a team with the same first name. So one guy tried nicknames and I got Hippie for the hair and earrings. Right now it is probably 3-4 inches below the shoulders. When asked how long I want it, I always said it will hit my butt or the ground.

Sophie86
03-12-2011, 11:23 PM
I let my hair grow out between 1st and 2nd grade. In my second grade picture, it was down to my shoulders. That was in 1970-71 when the only guys in our town who let their hair grow out were "hippies". My dad didn't particularly like it, but he didn't force me to cut it. I recall once he was trying to put a lot of pressure on me to let him have a go at it with the clippers. He kept saying he would give me a "boy's haircut." I finally ran to my room, yelling, "I don't want my hair cut like no BOY!"

Of course, at that age I didn't really mean it that way. I just hated having my hair short. I thought I looked stupid with my big ears sticking out. At any rate, it caused me to get mistaken for a girl on more than one occasion, but no one really hassled me about it. I was just a few years ahead of the curve, because by the time we were in middle school, all the guys were wearing their hair long.

I'm not sure what the long hair contributed to my desire to crossdress, but it definitely enhances my look during my teen years. Then, when I was 19 years old, my barber pointed out that I had a small bald spot on the back of my head. I thought he was being funny, but he was serious. By the time I was 24, the receding hairline on my forehead was starting to meet up with the spreading bald spot in the back.

Now days, I really miss my hair, but I'm glad that I got to enjoy it for all those years as a kid. One of the best parts about crossdressing is getting to have hair again. :)

Phoebe P.
03-12-2011, 11:52 PM
I had a mullet from hell in the 80's! :o

I have oily skin and my workplace is very warm. I can't seem to keep my hair clean for an entire day when it gets long. By the end of the day it looks pretty bad. If I could keep it looking good all day I'd grow it out. Don't have to worry about my "boss". She's sitting next to me! :heehee:

Schatten Lupus
03-12-2011, 11:55 PM
I did not like the mop-stage at all. Your hair is in your eyes, it's in your nose, in your mouth, all over the place, uncooperative, and I actually the last real hair cut I had was to whack off the mop I had at the time. But patients is key, as it takes time for hair to grow. But once it does it will eventually not be in your eyes (covering at times but not actually touching them), the nose isn't really much of an issue, nor is the mouth.
As for pressure, my dad does not like it. I've been wrote up for it at two different jobs. Now though it is a non-issue, it is almost half way down my back, and I love it.

Tanya C
03-13-2011, 12:00 AM
I've had long hair at times during my life, when I was in high school and college. Also, there have been times during my career when I had it long as well. I'm an architect so people expect us to have a certain amount of eccentricities, and so my long hair has generally been tolerated by various business associates and clients. Although, there were times when I pushed the limit and let it grow a little too long, it sure was a blessing for girl mode.
These days I keep my hair quite short and I wear a long hair wig when I dress. It's not the same as having your real hair but at least the wig doesn't go gray. And frankly, I actually prefer the look of my wig over my real hair.

Joanne Curl
03-13-2011, 10:01 AM
I've been growing out my hair for the past few months. I haven't cut it since October. My wife's Ok with it. She likes it short but I've told her I'd like to have it long one more time while I still can. Male pattern baldness is taking it away more and more. I get lots of comments from work and friends but I just tell them the same thing. But really, it's another outward sign of the woman within. I don't know how long I'll let it grow however I would like it get it long enough to put in a ponytail and to touch my shoulders so I can curl it like I did so long ago. I guess I'll have to get a wiglet to fill in the bald spots.

Deanna B
03-13-2011, 10:48 AM
hi i love long hair but my job is dirty but my wig is long and my wife is long and i think all ladys with long hair are so sexy and it feels great on the shoulders to love deanna

AKAMichelle
03-13-2011, 12:19 PM
I work for myself so my clients rarely see me in person. My wife and mother hate my hair but have learned to quit fussing about it. I am not going to cut it so that's the end of it. The hardest thing about having long hair is learning how to style it.

SusieB
03-13-2011, 12:53 PM
I had shoulder length hair as a teenager and loved it but had to cut is for work reasons. Now I would settle for having hair!

Krista M
03-13-2011, 01:37 PM
i have always had long hair, to the middle of my back, my bagns same as the back
BUT 2 years ago i cut it off to join the army now its high and tight
i miss my hair

o did i mention im 39
just saying

TGMarla
03-13-2011, 01:45 PM
Yes, I love long hair, too. It's a privilege reserved mostly for women, and it feels wonderful. Alas, I have to reserve my long hair moments to when I'm wearing a wig. I used to have long, full hair, but much of it's fallen out by now.

Laura Evans
03-13-2011, 02:14 PM
I grew up with very short hair, joined the Marine Corps with it's regulation haircuts, grew it out in college but then went into a career wearing a uniform and a requirement for short hair. Now I am retired and letting my hair grow, I am looking forward to when I can style it or put them up in a pony tail. The down side is some pattern baldness in the front and back that for the moment I am hoping for it to be covered by the longer hair if not then some hair pieces may be in my future at the worse I will continue with the wigs.

MillaMarie
03-13-2011, 05:46 PM
One of the great joys in becoming who I really am is the feel and joy of long hair, so lucky to have a wife & daughter who love it and very supportive job situation in Emergency Medicine where I'm totally accepted by the nursing staff. Have a stylist who is not only Trans but a great colorist & Stylist. Over the last 2 years she has helped me with a very pretty cut with face framing layers and bangs as well as femme' highlights. These days even in my day to day look (jeans & colorful V neck tops) more often than not I get the Maam as well as increasing difficulties using the Mens Room...... Last weekend got caught using the Mens Room by female security guard who chase me in to let me know I was using the wrong toilet, ho sweet. I feel very lucky in so many ways and a very grateful girl.

GirlieAmanda
03-13-2011, 07:06 PM
I am going to try to grow my hair out. It has been short all my life except when I was a kid and had a "mushroom cut" in the late 70s early eighties. It is already past where I am comfortable and I went to the hairdresser and had her prepare it for a longer length. I am keeping the back shorter till the top grows longer. I will go in stages and evaluate it as I go and see if I can stand it. I am hoping I can at least get it to where my avatar pic is. Like a short sexy 'do.

Cassandra
03-13-2011, 07:16 PM
Mine is medium length. It took me awhile to get it that long, I haven't had it cut in over a year trying to grow it a little longer. I like having my natural hair when I'm enfem which is all the time when I'm in public.

Charleen
03-13-2011, 08:57 PM
That's mine in the avatar. Been growing since 2000. Nary a comment.

Suzette Muguet de Mai
03-13-2011, 09:05 PM
My hair now is about waist length. I basically keep it in a top knot under a cap all day. The comments used to come: "you know what men with long hair at your age are?", "what are you", " are you trying to be a middle aged rocker?". Now the comments sweeps off my back as my hair swishes in the breeze. The one person who helps me is my mother. She has long hair and we share secrets about how to get the best for our hair. One day I may have to get it cut off because of age, till that day I will love my hair, keep it long and bathe in its comfort.

Jilmac
03-13-2011, 09:43 PM
I went to a Catholic grade school where grooming was expected of boys and hair below the ears was frowned upon. After high and tech school I enlisted in the navy and short hair was mandatory. When I started working in my trade I wore a hardhat and when I had the opportunity to grow my hair long I looked like Moe the stooge. Now I'm bald but I love wearing long wigs so I can feel the hair on my neck and shoulders.

vetobob9
03-14-2011, 05:28 AM
I've been growing mine since my last year of college last year. A girl from high school days said she liked it, my younger brother and one of my half sisters did not and would demand I cut it.
I told them that since I served in the military service and have been to places to Iraq, long hair is one of the rights I have earned. It's a form of expression and freedom of expression is in the first amendment. That seems to have shut them up.
Of course, I'm not working at the moment but might be moving to Texas because my other sister said she might be able to help in that dept. But she does not yet know that I am growing my hair.

I'm also single so that hasnot been an issue either.

Now my brother has asked how long I am letting it grow and if I am going to get it styled like women do theirs. Actually I don't know to either. But I have thought about letting it grow to the middle of the back or longer because when men get older their hair eventually stops growing. I like the idea of being able to do ponytails and stuff though.

Cassandra
03-14-2011, 11:50 AM
I'm the one on the left in my avatar.

RenneB
03-14-2011, 12:03 PM
The hair is it. For those of us that can grow it long in the real world great. However, I'm not one of them. I still have a thick head of hair but keep it manly for work purposes. I had a dream when I was real little, I remember this one well, of wearing my hair soooo long that I had a pony tail. Now I get to live that dream with hair from a box. My latest one is a long blond straight one from china. Well worth the wait, however, I'm now in the hunt for a long blonde curly one....

Renne.....

AnnaCalliope
03-14-2011, 01:54 PM
I had Spock's hairstyle throughout most of childhood and finally started growing it out towards the end of high school in 1999. It was a few inches short of my waist when I chopped it all off New Years Day 2004, because my job demanded it. Funny, because I ended up quitting from that position due to stress and poor management 6 months later. Then back in mid 2007, I decided short hair just wasn't meant for me and started growing it out again. Almost 4 years now, and its about 8 inches past my shoulders. I get a few knocks for looking "unprofessional", but the last three places I've done contract office work hired me for my skills, not my looks, and told me that outright. On the flip side, I get plenty of compliments. When in drab, I just let in fall free and show my allegiance to the metalhead subculture.

Kelly Greene
03-14-2011, 03:24 PM
I made the decision to let what hair I have grow out with the idea that when it gets long enough I will donate to locks of love, however even after 3 years my hair only comes to about the middle of my shoulder blades just not quite long enough. I don't have a problem with having a ponytail but the managers at work have asked when I plan on getting my hair cut, when I explain my plan they say ok and go away for a while. I amy be told to get a hair cut in the feature but I will cross that bridge when it comes.
Is a half bald man with long hair in the back a bad thing. assuming the hair is of a nice color and kept clean?

sometimes_miss
03-14-2011, 08:36 PM
I had long female type hair when I was in high school; as I grew up with the hippy generation, it wasn't noticed at all as different in any way from the rest of the male population. So even when I dressed up, I pretty much had the same length, but combed it a little different with a pretty clip or something added on. As I got older, and styles changed, I cut my long hair to a typical male length. When I crossdressed, I didn't realize how much of a difference it had made. A few years ago, when I decided to buy a wig, when I first put it on, yes, it made a tremendous difference. I forgot how much I enjoyed playing with my hair, the sensation of it brushing against my neck and shoulders, etc. etc.. Like the one in your avatar, Adelaide, my wigs are all long enough to reach my breasts and for me, about halfway down my back. NICE!

MonicaGirly
03-16-2011, 02:21 AM
well i've grown my hair out on several ocasion and it just turns into an afro.
i literaly cant get it straight with anything i try, so i just stick to the wigs.

Wendi_cd
03-24-2011, 11:32 AM
I love girls with long hair, I love me with long hair.

See avatar.

Jodygurl
03-24-2011, 12:08 PM
Well, Adelaide, I can tell you that yes, it does feel great and sensuous. After years of conforming to work and SO pressure I now work for myself and live alone. Last year I "fessed up" to my stylist and told her what I wanted and why. We've been working on it ever sense. It would be shoulder length by now but we're trying to keep it as even as possible until the top grows out completely. It's a long pageboy at this point.

And I love it. I love the way it feels as I flip my head around, tuck it over and ear or just run my fingers thru it. Styling it in the morning is one of my favorite parts of the day. I'm looking forward to the ponytail that I think will be here by fall. I had my stylist hide some of the grey last month and I think I look ten years younger. I know I feel that way.

Comments? Not many, nothing awful. I was having drinks w/ some ole buddies last month and they were teasing me about it. At the other end of the bar two ladies chimed in to say that they really liked my hair. That was really nice to hear and I wondered if they understood or guessed the real reason for its length.

Good luck w/ yours. You'll find that the only drawback is the cost of hair care. You'll pay a premium for being feminine, but it's worth the price.

Jody

Miranda
04-02-2011, 04:21 PM
I guess I could say I'm fortunate to have naturally long hair. Being the child of a cosmotologist, I always had, shall we say "other-than-normal-boy" hair growing up. Which was fabulous for me. I did a 20 stint in the navy and had a MOST non-supportive wife so I couldn't do much dressing and never owned a wig.

Since '05 I've let my hair grow...80% because of who I am and I just don't really see myself in a wig, and 20% because I just like long hair. And the chicks dig it!! My current spouse is VERY supportive of my activities. She ADORES my long hair and wouldn't let me cut it if I wanted to. My male friends always say they wished they could pull off long hair and my female friends really like it. In everyday life, I keep it pulled back in a ponytailed braid and it even looks professional enough for work. My coworkers like it and my boss is so totally cool with it.

When en femme, I just love the way it frames my face and feels on my shoulders and back. It's mine, it's natural and just helps make the transformation so much more real for me. I love it.
Don't get me wrong, wigs serve a wonderful purpose and are beautiful pieces of art for those that can't have naturally long hair. Especially if one can afford a really realistic wig. I'm just glad that I have hair to grow and those around me like it.

As my signature quotes Abraham Lincoln ~ What ever you are, be a good one!! Naturally long hair or wig, wear it happily, wear it proud. You are who are and no one loves you better than yourself! :heehee:

Ciao

Tasha McIntyre
04-03-2011, 12:19 AM
Hi Adelaide, I am unable to grow my hair due to my job....but that's OK. I just adore wearing my long hair when I CD. To me it makes the single most dramatic difference to my look, and to answer your question yes it feels very special. The hair flowing down the sides of my face, past my ears and resting over my shoulders feels just wonderful.

Tash :)