PDA

View Full Version : new dress

marny
03-13-2011, 02:03 AM
first time to wear a dress down for dinner. have been wearing skirts and tops for a year. Didn't think it was much of a stretch to go to the dress. wrong! Boundry's are curious. i hafe to count myself lucky and let the dress go. What would you do?

Loni
03-13-2011, 03:20 AM
?

what is the problem?
for me due to way different sizes top ver bottom, skirts are best for me.

Rachel05
03-13-2011, 05:25 AM
Now here is a strange thing, you talk about boundaries being curious, well I love to wear dresses, feel right at home in them, but I am not keen on making the transition to skirts and tops, each of us is different but I do so love dresses, they make me feel ever so girly

Tina B.
03-13-2011, 09:58 AM
Marny, what was her reasoning, that a dress is some how worst than a skirt and blouse, or was it something about that particular dress? If it's going to cause a problem, I would get myself back into that skirt quick, dresses are nice, but not worth upsetting what you already have going for you.

Cynthia Anne
03-13-2011, 10:16 AM
I love to wear dresses! Dresses seem more feminin and sexy! But not enough so if they are upsetting and cause problems!

PretzelGirl
03-13-2011, 11:44 AM
Sometimes it is just because it is a change. Give it some time so she has churned it through her head and then ask her why it is an issue. That will give you both a chance to explore her feelings on it and she might concede that she was caught off guard or you might find a reason and it will help you know where you can consider her feelings more.

JohnH
03-13-2011, 12:03 PM
I love dresses since they hang from the shoulders and there is no binding around the waist. I agree that one has to be properly proportioned to wear one. I have a number of dresses my ex-wife left me that fit me. To round out my collection I need some cotton summer dresses.

Johanna

audreyinalbany
03-13-2011, 12:09 PM
I have a problem with dresses fitting. In most skirts and girly jeans, I can can wear a size 12, but when it comes to dresses all bets are off. It's because of my guy shoulders. I have to take a 16 or an 18 in a dress. When I find one that fits, though, I love wearing dresses.

xpshooter
03-13-2011, 02:21 PM
+1 to waht audrey said and it sound like Loni has the same issues to.
I am a size 6 skirt, but when it comes to a dress without much strech in the bust area I am up to a size 12.

I do have a skirt, but I also feel the dress is more feminine.

I agree with what you marny with you not thinking the dress is that much of a step if you are already wearing skirts.

Roberta Marie
03-13-2011, 04:26 PM
I have a problem with dresses fitting. In most skirts and girly jeans, I can can wear a size 12, but when it comes to dresses all bets are off. It's because of my guy shoulders. I have to take a 16 or an 18 in a dress.

I have the same problem, so, I am learning to sew. So far I've sewn 2 dresses. Altering the pattern can be a bit challenging, but the end result is a dress that fits and hangs right. And, it's a great creative outlet, and my wife loves the tops that I've made for her. Now i joke that I have my downstairs power tools for woodworking, and my upstairs power tool for sewing.

marny
03-13-2011, 05:15 PM
She thinks the cut of the dress makes my bust look bigger. My thought was that it made the tummy fade out. Empire waist. We all look at things from different angles!