PDA

View Full Version : What do I say?

sweetjan
03-13-2011, 11:29 AM
What do I say this summer when I have shorts on and my family or friends see my shaved legs? I am already worried about this. I love to have everything shaved from the belly botton down. I hate the feel of hair. I have let the hair grow back on my legs for summer before, but I no longer want to. I would value any help.

JoanAz
03-13-2011, 11:36 AM
If Questioned just say "it feels good and I don't care for Hairy Body"
I live in lake Havasu and go hairless all the time, NO ONE has ever said a thing.

Debglam
03-13-2011, 11:48 AM
I started shaving my legs for cycling. Now, "feels good" works for me.

Steph.TS
03-13-2011, 11:57 AM
I was thinking the same thing, maybe you guys can answer a quick question for me, if I use veet on my legs can I just wash it off in the shower and all the hair will go with it?

Robynts
03-13-2011, 12:50 PM
The first thing that has to happen is somebody notices that your legs are shaved. Granted my leg hair is light, but in about 10 years of shaving and wearing shorts in the summer time, nobody has ever noticed that there is no hair on my legs, at least nobody has ever said anything, and that includes my kids (both grown now). Now the belly button piercing is another issue. I have managed to keep it hidden from my kids, so far.

Hope you have the same results as I.

Robyn

WandaRae2009
03-13-2011, 01:23 PM
Just say it feels better, and in my case my wife likes it. When I started shaving, I made a comment to my wife that the hair was itchy. She said why don't you shave it off, and she didn't even know of my CD'ing at the time. Needless to say, she didn't have to say it twice and I have been smooth since. Rarely have I heard a comment from anyone.

christinac
03-13-2011, 01:48 PM
It depends on where you are at. Here in Florida men with shaved legs have been a fairly common sight for a few years now and it is almost to the point where no one really notices unless you point it out.

Wendy_Marie
03-13-2011, 02:07 PM
I had a job as a Steam Pot oprator at a rubber manufacturing plant few years ago that was a very hot occupation even in the winter months...ywork station remained in the rang of 110 to 115 degree F range year round. I would break out terribly on just about any part of my body which was covered by heavier clothing. My physician at the time actually recommended tht I shave certain parts of my body to help keep the persperation down. Mainly underarms and legs...I of course relished the idea and jumped head first especially since being given a medical reason to do so. I found out later n that many of the men who worked in this area of the plant did the same thing and presumably for the same reason.

Leslie Langford
03-13-2011, 02:20 PM
Why do we worry so much about what others might think or say if they notice that we shave our bodies?

Do the people who enjoy sporting tattoos worry about this?...and body "art" is far more obvious than shaved legs or chests. In fact, some people have so many tats and seem to be so comfortable showing them off that they are probably verging on being outright exhibitionists. And yet, society somehow seems to accept that behavior and self-indulgence without questioning their motives.

I have kept myself fully shaved for over a year now and it has never become an issue. Even my wife has slowly come around and no longer gives me a hard time over it. It has just become part of who I am...

Maybe for some people, growing a pair and shaving off body hair need to go hand-in-hand :devil::heehee::doh:.

Danielle Gee
03-13-2011, 02:25 PM
Why do we worry so much about what others might think or say if they notice that we shave our bodies?

Do the people who enjoy sporting tattoos worry about this?...and body "art" is far more obvious than shaved legs or chests. In fact, some people have so many tats and seem to be so comfortable showing them off that they are probably verging on being outright exhibitionists. And yet, society somehow seems to accept that behavior and self-indulgence without questioning their motives.

I have kept myself fully shaved for over a year now and it has never become an issue. Even my wife has slowly come around and no longer gives me a hard time over it. It has just become part of who I am...

Maybe for some people, growing a pair and shaving off body hair need to go hand-in-hand :devil::heehee::doh:.

Good Point about the Tattoos Leslie. I continued shaving my body last summer after some encouragement from the Ladies on this site. They were correct, nobody noticed (or at least said) anything!!! I intend to do the same this summer.

Danielle

Cynthia Anne
03-13-2011, 03:37 PM
I have kept my legs and underarms shaved for 30+ years and never once have had a comment about it! Summer time I always wear sleeve less tops and shirts weather I'M wearing shorts or not!

Michaela42
03-13-2011, 03:39 PM
I was thinking the same thing, maybe you guys can answer a quick question for me, if I use veet on my legs can I just wash it off in the shower and all the hair will go with it?

With Veet or Nair I usually have to use an old washcloth to help wipe away the hair. A word of advice for you though: if you have sensitive skin (like me) I would recomend at least a week of moisturizing to prep your skin. Chemical hair removers are rough on the skin. Also, follow the directions on the bottle EXACTLY, as chemical burns to the skin can be very painful. ;)

Stephenie S
03-13-2011, 03:46 PM
What do I say this summer when I have shorts on and my family or friends see my shaved legs? I am already worried about this. I love to have everything shaved from the belly botton down. I hate the feel of hair. I have let the hair grow back on my legs for summer before, but I no longer want to. I would value any help.

Well dear. You just explained it to us quite well.

Why not say the same thing to any inquiry? You like it. You hate the feels of hair. It's cooler. Say whatever you like. It's NO BODY'S BUSINESS. Would you find it difficult to explain a new beard or mustache? Probably not. How about if you shaved your head? Easy, right? I like it!

It's just exactly the same for your legs, dear. Just exactly the same. "I shaved my legs because I WANTED to." "I LIKE my legs shaved."

It's your business and your business alone. Others will only be interested as long as you seem embarrassed and self concious about it. Own up to it and the interest will die a quick death.

S

Gina X
03-13-2011, 04:03 PM
I am naturally not very hairy specially on my legs which are virtually hairless I do wear shorts in the summer and in my 6+ decades nobody has ever mentioned them being hairless they do take the micky because they are usually not very tanned but hair is never mentioned ...........................

Eryn
03-13-2011, 04:11 PM
Like many above I think that the chance of you having to explain smooth legs is nil. 98% of observers will not notice at all. How often do YOU look closely at a man's legs? The remaining 2% who do notice are also unlikely to say anything. They will be cognizant of the fact that you might not want to be questioned about it.

The only situation I could think of that might turn out negative is if you have friends who are so adolescent that they will pick on any perceived difference from the norm. If you have such friends I would suggest you consider acquiring more mature friends.

Roberta Marie
03-13-2011, 04:11 PM
I have had my legs shaved for the past 2 summers, and I'm in nothing but shorts all summer when I'm in guy mode, even at work and church. In 2 years I have had only 2 people ask why I shave my legs, and my response was, "Why not?"

Cheryl T
03-13-2011, 05:15 PM
Just tell them.... "A little baby oil, some plastic sheets and...oh sorry, but the hair gets in the way"

JustineFallow
03-13-2011, 06:14 PM
Anybody who vocally expresses their nosiness/discomfort with shaved legs will likely be shut down pretty quickly with this: "Why are you paying so much attention to my legs?"

Sara Jessica
03-13-2011, 06:31 PM
98% of observers will not notice at all. How often do YOU look closely at a man's legs? The remaining 2% who do notice are also unlikely to say anything.

I disgree...

...nobody has ever noticed that there is no hair on my legs, at least nobody has ever said anything,

This is closer to the way I see it.

A man with smooth legs is not typically seen. I believe most notice but very few, if any, will say anything. Accept that fact and things are much easier.

Rachel Morley
03-13-2011, 06:34 PM
I can tell what happened to me the first time I did it (many years ago). I shaved my legs for the summer. When I first wore shorts at a friend's BBQ they were quite "short shorts" too and two GGs immediately noticed not long after I arrived. They asked me straight to my face right in front of everyone "OMG how come you shaved your legs?" The guys who hadn't noticed looked at me and said "what? .. you shaved your legs?" Everyone stopped and looked at me waiting for my answer. I just shrugged my shoulders and said "Yeah, I know it seems a bit weird, but I happen to like it. It's no big deal to me." And I left it at that. The immediate moment after I spoke there were few sniggers from a couple of guys and a few smiles from some the women, did feel a little bit embarrassed for that second or two but the moment soon passed and pretty much people forgot about it from then on. That's to say no one ever mentioned it again. What could they say? Nothing happened. It's not like (say) my sexuality somehow suddenly changed when my hairs were removed, like some sort of "Sexuality Samson" LOL :heehee:

Alice B
03-13-2011, 06:41 PM
I have had shaved legs for several years now and also my arms. No one has ever said a word, but that it just feels good is answer enough.

Patrice_CD
03-13-2011, 06:56 PM
This will be my first summer with shaved legs. So far no one at the office has said anything about my arms being smooth. I doubt anyone even notices. And if anyone does asy anything I'll take the approach of "it feels good".

Shelby
03-13-2011, 07:00 PM
Last summer was the first time I went out with shaved legs. I decided I no longer cared what my family thought if they see me with shaved legs. I noticed that my Dad has very little hair on his legs so I could say it is genes. Last summer, our families all gathered for a pool party and I was standing near some women who were talking about leg hair. One commented that my uncle has very faint leg hair, then they looked at my legs and said that I did too (I actually hadn't shaved for a few days due to this gathering). When they asked if I had faint hair or if I shaved, I told them that I shave and why. I have very thick leg (actually average) but didn't like all of it and shaved it off and I feel cleaner. They all sort nodded their heads like that made sense and the conversation moved on.

Megan Thomas
03-13-2011, 07:36 PM

You've answered your own question (in bold and underlined by me). Just have the confidence to tell anyone who notices and says anything. It's missing leg hair they've noticed, not your secret so don't respond like they have.

Just as an aside, a complication of diabetes and/or poor circulation is quite often sparse or no leg hair. If you must offer an excuse medical reasons are usually accepted without further questioning.

docrobbysherry
03-13-2011, 07:42 PM
How about this? "I find that often, I can get away without wearing nylons this way!"

THAT honest answer should shut them up!

StarrOfDelite
03-14-2011, 12:16 PM
With Veet or Nair I usually have to use an old washcloth to help wipe away the hair. A word of advice for you though: if you have sensitive skin (like me) I would recomend at least a week of moisturizing to prep your skin. Chemical hair removers are rough on the skin. Also, follow the directions on the bottle EXACTLY, as chemical burns to the skin can be very painful. ;)

Amen! to this. Be exceptionally careful NOT to use Nair or Veet or similar hair remover anywhere near your inside upper thighs. I got careless a few months ago, and some of the chemicals rubbed off onto a very sensitive patch of skin. It burns and burns, and nothing helps, not water, not sun tan lotions, not Oil of Ola, nor Vaseline. It was several hours of rather exquisite pain.

Sophie86
03-14-2011, 12:37 PM
I was extremely hairy, so there was no way that the people who know me would fail to notice. The only ones who have had the nerve to ask were my sisters. I told them I got tired of looking like a hairy ape. They just said 'okay' and then we talked about something else.

Do you suppose the first cave man who shaved off his beard was asked if he was a fag?

Thea Pauline
03-14-2011, 12:57 PM
Years ago when I rode bicycles even more than I do now, I also cared what others thought of my life choices. So, I had a ready excuse when asked. After about a month of that 'explanation', I gave up on it and told the truth: It feels good, I like it and it's no one's business but my own.

Renae

Bootsiegalore
03-14-2011, 01:04 PM
Mine have been shaved for so long that no one says anything. I rarely wear shorts anyway - even in the summer.

Rachel

EllieOPKS
03-14-2011, 03:38 PM
You just make lemonade!
I fell on the ice this winter and had serious damage to one knee. When I visited my surgeon, he suggested that I shave an area about 4 inches either side of my knee,as he would be taping me up for a few weeks. I told him it would look pretty funny when the bandage came off so I figured I would just shave the whole leg. HE said "well if you are worried about how you will look, I would just shave them both!".

How's that! As far as I am concerned - Doctors Orders! Now all I need to do is break my chest and just an arm. LOL!

Back to the original thread post, I noticed my best friend shaves his legs, he's a body builder and that's common. Same with bike riders. Same with swimmers.

Jean Marie
03-15-2011, 09:40 AM
My legs arms, pits etc have been kept smooth for over 20 years now. Now at my age it is extremely easy, no one has ever said anything, I wear shorts etc. in summer. now even though it is light wish I could forever get rid of any traces of beard

danielletorresani
03-15-2011, 10:36 AM
Whatever you do, don't go overboard trying to explain it. The longer the explanation, the more it looks like you're trying to hide something.

RenneB
03-15-2011, 10:45 AM
Great thread girls. I was wondering what I was goin' to do this summer, since I started shaving just a few weeks ago. I was thinking that I'd use the ol' lighter fluid on the camp fire excuse I just made up but I like the "it just feels good" approach. I was born a blonde and never had any dark hair. I can't even see my eyebrows they're soo blond.

Oh well. Thanks for the answers ahead of time...

Renne...

Fab Karen
03-15-2011, 06:51 PM
IF anyone notices, these words: Because I like it.

Karencd37
03-15-2011, 08:05 PM
I began shaving my legs about 5 years ago. I go boating, swimming, wear shorts all summer; no one, including my wife has ever said a thing about it, so I just keep doing it.

PretzelGirl
03-15-2011, 09:57 PM
I tried "My old college buddies broke into my house and shaved them as a prank". But then they realized I didn't have buddies.

Really, I like it is the way to go. It is quick and will not draw comments any excuse making will draw. Three words and it is done.

Enjoy your smoothness!

kathie225
03-15-2011, 10:30 PM
I tell the truth. My wife wants me to put lotion on my legs and shaving makes that easier. Our friends know of my wife's quirks in the skin care department.

MonicaGirly
03-16-2011, 02:37 AM
just say you started ridding your bike, or swimming laps

2SpeedTranny
03-16-2011, 02:58 AM
Tell the truth -- no one will believe you anyway.

"Because hairy legs look awful in skirts."

Jannine
03-16-2011, 03:25 AM
Yeah, prob. the best lie would be that you're gonna ride your bike, seriously. - Which brings a whole new set of problems like, now you gotta get a bike, n' stuff!! Or you had some kind of rash. I dunno, you will have to invent something. Although shaved legs for a guy takes getting used to, it can be a strange (almost irritating) feeling, especialy if you are hairy. Buy an electric hair trimmer, and do the job gradually using Aloe Vera as well and also over time may not be such a culture shock to others.

Jannine. x :drink:

5150 Girl
03-16-2011, 02:10 PM
Yeah, prob. the best lie would be that you're gonna ride your bike, seriously. - Which brings a whole new set of problems like, now you gotta get a bike, n' stuff!!
Not a problem. I've been riding all my life starting with BMX, then I got a roadie, tehn a mountain bike, and now I've got another rodie, and mounted the old one to the triner.

Ahhh cycling season is at hand, I can't wait to get back out therre and start logging miles again!

How about this? "I find that often, I can get away without wearing nylons this way!"
THAT honest answer should shut them up!
I'd prefer the other wa arround, I'd say " 'cause long hair looks nasty under nylons"

kimdl93
03-16-2011, 03:15 PM
same thing - most people won't notice - for those who do, just say you don't like hairy legs

JohnH
03-16-2011, 03:28 PM
Do as I do - I shave my legs and wear a denim skirt in male mode instead of shorts - with a standard men's shirt and standard men's shoes or sandals. Guess what - nobody notices that my legs are shaved.

Johanna

Tina P Hose
03-20-2011, 03:07 PM
I may give my winter legs a whirl this summer

CindyTXCD
03-20-2011, 03:53 PM

I've removed my body hair from the neck down (except for a small tuft of pubic hair) for years. And I wear really short shorts in the summer. If anyone says anything about how short my shorts are or the lack of hair on my legs, I just tell them, "When you have legs as cute as mine, you want to show them off!" I've never had anyone say anything about my shaved chest and underarms.

Incidentally, rather than shaving or using a depilatory, I suggest using an electric epilator. I use one all over and it works great. Although it might kinda hurt at first, after a few times, you won't even notice when you pull those body hairs right out! And you'll look great.

Anne2345
03-20-2011, 03:55 PM
I was extremely hairy, so there was no way that the people who know me would fail to notice. The only ones who have had the nerve to ask were my sisters. I told them I got tired of looking like a hairy ape. They just said 'okay' and then we talked about something else.

Do you suppose the first cave man who shaved off his beard was asked if he was a fag?

LOLOL!!! The first cave man that shaved his beard - too funny. And fantastic point! But there had to be a first, right? Too bad that first cave man who shaved his beard didn't also shave his legs. Everyone by now would be shaving if he had . . . . :)

VictoriaP
03-20-2011, 03:58 PM
You will be surprised how many people do not even notice. I began shaving my legs 2 years ago. I live in florida so I wear shorts a lot, and year-round. I have never been asked about my legs being shaved. If anyone does say anything I agree with JoanAz, just state that you prefer it that way. Shave 'em honey! And enjoy!!

Jannine
03-20-2011, 04:54 PM
Hi girls,
Here in Aus. we're heading into winter so it wont be a problem for us 'Southern Belles' for a while. I have never had much body hair anyway, but shaving my armpits seems to worry me, because it can be uncomfortable. Shaved legs seems to be more acceptable than shaved armpits, but you simply cannot be a lady with underarm hair.

Jannine. X

Jaydee
03-20-2011, 05:53 PM
Granted I have light hair to begin with, but I started shaving my legs about 18 months ago. I wore shorts all summer, and spend time in a gym. No one, including my wife has noticed. If anyone asks, I am just going to say that I like it better, beyond that it is no ones business.

Jaydee

2SpeedTranny
03-20-2011, 06:28 PM
I went hiking in the mountains yesterday. After I noticed one guy I passed on the trail had shaved legs, I started looking for more. Saw three more. That's 4 guys with hairless legs -- other than myself -- out of maybe 20 we saw on the trail... and there may have been more considering that some were wearing jeans, and a number of folks I simply forgot to look at.

I don't even know what the issue is. It's not going to be long before your friends razz you for being hairy, and ask why you don't shave. Seriously. Stop asking how you can bull**** your friends because you're afraid of them. Maybe you'll start a trend. Maybe one of your friends is spineless too, and is just waiting for someone to lead the way.