PDA

View Full Version : How do you handle a wedding when drab?

tammy tee
03-13-2011, 02:34 PM
Last night I attended a wedding and all the women were dressed so beautifully. I wanted so badly to be on the dance floor in my best heels and party dress. Girls really do have fun! I had to come home and spend some time dressed for the party all by my lonesome.

Tammy

Eryn
03-13-2011, 03:41 PM
That's the way I feel after just about any public event.

All we can hope for is a CDer wedding where everyone can come dressed the way they want!

Note to prospective CD brides: I will bring a *very* nice gift if invited to such an event! :)

Cynthia Anne
03-13-2011, 03:43 PM
That's so sad! I feel for you Tammy! Next time you will know better then to go in drab!ha!

suzy1
03-13-2011, 03:47 PM
Thanks for reminding me [not!] It’s my daughters wedding next Sunday. So I am going to be in the same boat. And I have to make a speech.
I have to go in a tuxedo. I really wont to go in an evening gown but my family would not be impressed.

SUZY

Rianna Humble
03-13-2011, 04:12 PM
Last night I attended a wedding and all the women were dressed so beautifully. I wanted so badly to be on the dance floor in my best heels and party dress. Girls really do have fun! I had to come home and spend some time dressed for the party all by my lonesome.

Hi Tammy. I had something similar about 6 months ago, the biggest difference with your situation is I can't dance so I didn't want to be out on the dance floor. I think a few people might have noticed that the only men that I interacted with were my brother (father of the bride) and nephew (brother of the bride). Apart from that I spent a lot of time talking to the girls in the family about their outfit, hairdo and so on.

Nigella
03-13-2011, 04:25 PM
This may hurt but

ITS THE BRIDES AND GROOMS DAY AND YOU WANNA STEAL THE LIMELIGHT !!!!!!

Charleen
03-13-2011, 09:00 PM
This may hurt but

Yep!
Still stinks though. I went to a wedding a week ago and was miserable in drab. Not comfortable at all but that ain't the venue to come out!

Rachel Morley
03-13-2011, 09:08 PM
IMO a wedding is THE worst place to be if we're in drab. Seeing the bride in her gorgeous dress, the bridesmaids in their wonderful dresses, all those cute GGs in dresses and heels both at the ceremony and especially the reception, is so frustrating. I get jealous as I so want to wear something cute too. Drab clothes suck at a wedding :(

katesometimes
03-13-2011, 09:19 PM
IMO a wedding is THE worst place to be if we're in drab. Seeing the bride in her gorgeous dress, the bridesmaids in their wonderful dresses, all those cute GGs in dresses and heels both at the ceremony and especially the reception, is so frustrating. I get jealous as I so want to wear something cute too. Drab clothes suck at a wedding :(

Amen to that Rachel!

Samantha_Smile
03-14-2011, 05:29 AM
Personally, I enjoy a wedding in 'drab' as you put it.
Gives me a chance to rent a suit and look half decent/ 'scrub up well' as my friends put it.

Im a baggy jeans and tshirt dude all the time, so the change is nice.

Ive never wanted to be on a dance floor in a dress, however, sometimes I will spy a dress that makes me half considder asking where they got it! lol

joan47
03-14-2011, 05:31 AM
Under dress heavilly

t-girlxsophie
03-14-2011, 01:14 PM
Yeah Weddings are bitter sweet for us,not just Weddings but any social events.At my cousins wedding recently I was 100% drab (never again),I do love checking out the gorgeous outfits even though im in drab (well dressed drab though lol).

My best friend at work had a birthday party at the weekend,I told her I wouldnt even underdress,but she told me not to be silly,even that night I was looking at their outfits with envy,difference this time is they know I dress,so were talking to me about what they were wearing which was awesome.

Sophie

Nikki A.
03-14-2011, 05:54 PM
I was a lucky one that got to go to a lesbian wedding dressed. Had a great time, but by the end of the night I couldn't wait to get out of the heels, hose etc. Stayed at a friends house that night, the "brides" older daughter stayed with us that night (last moment) and didn't bring any clothes to change into & my friend & her husband were both thinner than her. I ended up giving her my shorts & tee and I got to stay in a denim skirt and top that that I had along for after the ceremony in case it got casual at the reception (not that I really did want to change LOL).

Eryn
03-14-2011, 06:55 PM

I didn't read that in the original post at all. There's a big difference between wanting to be part of an overall beautiful scene and "stealing the limelight."

Gaby2
03-14-2011, 08:54 PM
Weddings are really special events and I get to see quite a few of them.
I'm often as jealous as you are, Tammy.

It's interesting that sometimes the most adorable dress doesn't look well on a particular person - then I don't feel bad at all. More like relieved that I'm not the one sticking out.
I wonder if I'll ever dress in public... alone the fear of sticking out and indeed being accused of only looking for notice and wanting to steal the limelight.

A funny aspect is that I can remember some weddings only because I noticed (and yearned to have, and wear) a particular dress or outfit.

A few weeks ago I was at an event (not a wedding) and I was bowled over by a simple skirt. I felt guilty because I hardly paid any attention to the GG wearing it even though I know her quite well.
I admitted my obsessive thoughts to my SO on the evening but she couldn't quite follow how I found this simple skirt so attractive.

I don't know either. But I've been dreaming of it ever since! LOL Gaby

sissystephanie
03-14-2011, 09:08 PM
I have to disagree with a lot of you!! At my advanced age I have been to a lot of weddings, both in my own family and others. And contrary to what has been said, I love to wear my Tuxedo!! Yes, I am a crossdresser and love to wear feminine clothes whenever possible. But as Nigella said, a wedding is for the Bride and Groom. It is not for a crossdresser, unless the CD is getting married! So I am very happy to go to any wedding wearing a Tux or a nice suit! After all, I am a man!!