PDA

View Full Version : Fond childhood memories???

Briana90802
03-13-2011, 09:20 PM
I was wondering how many of you did "girlie" things when you were a child? I'm not talking about dress-up because it seems that we pretty much all tried something on as a child. Me, I didn't play with guns, but I liked playing with my sisters stuff. I also liked to touch and feel girls dresses whenever my mom was shopping.

So what, if any, "girlie" things did you do as a child?

Jilmac
03-13-2011, 09:30 PM
Hopscotch and jump rope were a couple of "girl"games that I played.

Phoebe P.
03-13-2011, 09:30 PM
I played with guns, trucks, Hot Wheels, Star Wars toys etc., but I also played dolls with my sister. I was always Ken, but they were dolls! I always loved the attention from my sister and her friends!

Briana90802
03-13-2011, 09:34 PM
Ohhh yeah. I played with jump ropes and double dutch. My mom actually was the "jump rope for heart" lady.

Haley Heather
03-13-2011, 09:34 PM
I played house alot, always as a girl, with boys and girls. :)

Maria in heels
03-13-2011, 09:42 PM
let me see...hopscotch, jump rope and playing house with my sisters...I was the only boy in the family, so it was as if I was one of them always

t-girlxsophie
03-14-2011, 03:21 PM
Cant think of any,does helping my mum wrap my girl relatives Christmas presents,and dreaming they were for me count? I suppose Action Man was a doll,right?

VanessaVW
03-14-2011, 04:58 PM
I had two baby dolls when I was 5 or so. Also, I was quite good at jacks.

Kate Simmons
03-14-2011, 05:25 PM
I was a rough and tumble "little girl" myself. Liked doing all of the tomboy stuff.:)

az_azeel
03-14-2011, 05:41 PM
My fondest memories are not dressing related at all... i always took myself of for the day and walk along the beach or along the river ..with my trusted alsation by my side...

Sophie86
03-14-2011, 05:41 PM
I didn't know that jacks, jump rope, and hopscotch were girl games. I thought they were just games, so I never felt "girly" playing them. I did play house on occasion with my sisters, but I was always the dad. I also had a number of boy type dolls like GI Joe, Johnny West (http://www.figurerealm.com/actionfigure.php?FID=4679&figure=johnnywest), and Sir Stuart (http://www.entertainmentearth.com/item_archive/items/Sir_Stuart_The_Silver_Knight.asp). Sometimes my guys would join up with their Barbies to have adventures.

insearchofme
03-14-2011, 06:17 PM
When I was young, the neighborhood kids woud put on "plays" for our parents and families. I would often play a female role, dressing in my mom's old clothers. We had a great time. Too bad that I outgrew those clothes.

JustAlex
03-14-2011, 06:19 PM
It's funny because I remember dressing all of my life. So I spent my whole childhood doing it. However, I was a hell of a boy playing with guns, toy soldiers and stuff, riding my bike like the devil was chasing me. I think I didn't grow skin in my knees until I went to high school. I started shooting guns before I was ten, and real firearms, not just air guns. I don't recall feminine activities besides dressing.

Phoebe P.
03-14-2011, 09:35 PM
I did play Charlie's Angels with my friends. I was always Kelly. Love Jaclyn Smith!

Jaydee
03-14-2011, 09:37 PM
Growing up, there were almost no boys in my neighborhood. One of the things the girls loved playing was "Mystery Date". I played that game more times than I could count.

Jaydee

Sophie86
03-14-2011, 10:59 PM
Growing up, there were almost no boys in my neighborhood. One of the things the girls loved playing was "Mystery Date". I played that game more times than I could count.

Jaydee

OMG! I remember my older sister playing that game. I think I played once too, but it made me a bit squidgy. lol.

katesometimes
03-14-2011, 11:36 PM
I don't think I did much girlie things as a child. I grew up on a farm and life was mostly doing chores and working in the fields. Though my mom was pretty progressive and we all divided the chores up in the house, cooking, cleaning, laundry, etc. and rotated through them, so I did do some typically girl/women's household things. I think dressing at around age 10 was about the only girlie thing about my childhood. It took me until adulthood (my 40's) to really explore girlie things other than dressing, and I'm still perfecting those aspects of myself.

Melinda Lou
03-15-2011, 12:42 AM
I've been thinking about this lately, and it's occurred to me that I probably had more than the usual number of close female friends when I was a kid (pre-adolescence). I was frequently the only boy at a girl's birthday party, or the one boy she'd invite over after school to play just like "one of the girls", or instead of any of the girls, for that matter. But I don't recall playing a lot of girly games or sitting through any tea parties. The girls in my neighborhood tended to be tomboyish, and would participate in (touch) football or whatever other roughhousing we'd get into. Oddly enough, if I wanted to be a girl in those days, it was so I could be a tomboy who was girlish underneath, I guess. But we had a shortage of boys in my neighborhood, so all of us had to make do with the playmates at hand--I may be remembering all of this through the prism of who I grew up to be.

Jennifer in CO
03-15-2011, 09:28 AM
I was to sickly as a child to "play" so my time outside was limited to occasional playing with my trucks in mid-summer when nothing was usually blooming or mid-winter when nothing could grow that pollinated. Most of my time was inside so I became very adapt at playing house, dolls, and cooking. It wasn't until new drugs became available in the mid-sixties that I was able to go out and begin to be a "normal" child...notice I didn't say normal boy...

Jenn

Darcy
03-15-2011, 04:03 PM
My older sister and her friends would put on curmises, dancing and singing, dressed in cute outfits. All the neighbors would come to our basement and watch the girls. When they all went home I would go to the basement and try on all the outfits . I loved it. One time I even dressed and went in to backyard dressed. I was hooked. Then my mothers bras and nylons. I was very good at sneaking around to get that feeling. It realy helped when I got older when I needed to dress. I did tell my wife after 10 years, it was rough ,but now she buys me things life is good I love her to death but also I would do anything to make her happy and I do. Nothing is easy but work though and things will turn out right . Love you all

Frédérique
03-15-2011, 08:34 PM
I was wondering how many of you did "girlie" things when you were a child? I'm not talking about dress-up because it seems that we pretty much all tried something on as a child. Me, I didn't play with guns, but I liked playing with my sisters stuff. I also liked to touch and feel girls dresses whenever my mom was shopping. So what, if any, "girlie" things did you do as a child?

Well, I was into tactile pleasures, along with non-stop drawing, but, by and large, I was very boyish. My inherent shyness, which was exacerbated during my early school years, eventually led me to the wonderful world of crossdressing. At some point I turned away from boyishness and embraced beauty, but I don’t know what happened, when that happened or why it happened. To this day I turn away from violence and feel most comfortable when I’m non-male in appearance and emotional response…

The girls in my neighborhood tended to be tomboyish…

I had a tomboy cousin, and she definitely “wore the pants” in our relationship. Accordingly, I was less male by comparison. Over time, she became extremely feminine, yet strong and independent, while I became anti-masculine and somewhat withdrawn. For many years she was my female counterpart, someone to emulate or admire as I explored my own secretive world…

Longing2be-Trisha
03-15-2011, 09:26 PM
I played with the usual boy stuff but as young as 5 or 6 I loved jump rope, cooking, sewing, knitting, playing with dolls with my sister and her friends. Most of all playing dress-up with the girls.

Daintre
03-15-2011, 09:31 PM
As a child in England (up to age 5) I had a best male friend, we did all the hellion things little boys would do. After immigrating to Canada, my younger sister became my best friend, I shared a bedroom with my older sister and then with my younger sister. My family moved around the city 13 times in 6 years so I never made boyhood friends, I liked playing games with my younger sister. My father tried hard to push me into athletics but his trying was doomed to failure as he knew nothing about Hockey, Canadian football or baseball, he wanted me to play soccer. In time he just gave up on me and riding my bike became the most joyous playtime thing to do.

Torrey
03-15-2011, 09:49 PM
Well, let's see...it was all about GI Joe & Barbie. We had a family friend (GG) my age, and when I was at her house, it was all Barbie & Ken. She would get mad when I tried to put her clothes on Ken. At home, Joe would have been kicked out of the Army for what I made him do...

I just remembered something else...remember how the boys would chase the girls at recess (For you younger ones, recess was a playtime at school when we were encouraged to run around & burn off steam)? Anyway, I had a tomboy girlfriend and I would run with her and her friends when the boys decided to chase...

Briana90802
03-19-2011, 11:15 PM
Anyone ever ask for girlie things when they were young? Like a tutu or a barbie?

Matt2Marissa
03-19-2011, 11:52 PM
I did some girly things, but my friends did them with me and we were all boys. We did them with our sisters but still did them. I had an awesome childhood. So many good times, and memories. As well as those "why did we that" or "its a miracle no one ever got seriously injured" (well, I broke my back falling out of a tree, but I was fifteen). I still live on the same street I grew up on, well my parents do, I'm in college now.