PDA

View Full Version : belly button piercing

bobbie sue
03-14-2011, 07:40 AM
How many of you ladies have your belly buttons pierced.Dose it hurt alot to have it done and how long dose it take to heal up:battingeyelashes:

Haley Heather
03-14-2011, 07:04 PM
I plan on having mine done soon to help hide my appendectomy scar :(, I'm curious to hear others experience with this piercing as well. :)

Xandria
03-14-2011, 07:06 PM
its not as bad as you think it is. I've pierced just a few of them, whats the worst is the healing..

Jenna Stunned
03-14-2011, 08:59 PM
The pain isnt bad, At least for me it wasn't. I was so excited to get it done that I hardly noticed the fast pinch, Then it was over. My tounge hurt way more. As for healing that will vary. I heal pretty fast so I was able to change it after only 2 months. But Ive heard of people having to wait up to 6 months. Just make sure you keep it clean and stay away from corsets for a few months.

It took me over a year to go and get it, But I am very happy that I did.

danalynnts
03-14-2011, 09:03 PM
Mine didnt hurt at all, Id suggest 6 weeks healing before changing jewery or wearing anything tight that may irratate it. I love mine!

Ayame
03-14-2011, 10:04 PM
It's my favorite piercing, however my girlfriend likes my nipple rings more ^_^

Diane Smith
03-15-2011, 02:49 AM
I've had mine done twice, and it grew out both times. Although I have lots of other piercings that have done just fine, the navel just doesn't seem to be for me. And now that I'm wearing corsets more often, I don't think I'll probably bother to have it redone again. Good luck with it though, I think it looks very sexy.

- Diane

Gina X
03-15-2011, 04:32 AM
Be very careful piercing belly buttons you could let all of the air out by mistake !! LOL

Kate Simmons
03-15-2011, 05:12 AM
I never saw the point of either piercings or tattoos myself. I have nothing to prove to anyone, least of all myself but to each their own, I guess.:)

Sally24
03-15-2011, 05:56 AM
For many people, the area around the navel is different than any other skin. My daughters piercing is years old and still will start to heel up if she leaves it out for more than a day. I'd like to get one but I wouldn't want to keep it in 24/7 so I guess I will have to go without.:sad:

Miss Lisa
03-15-2011, 06:58 AM
I had mine done nearly a year ago. I love it so much. It's a pity my wife doesn't though as she is jealous she can't get hers done for medical reasons. Anyway dont do what I did and change your piercings within the first month. It gets infected and takes ages to heal up. I don't have mine in all the time now maybe a few days a week. It does start to heal up but it's quite easy to push the jewelry back through, just make sure you sterilize first and use a good antiseptic cream.

Sedona
03-15-2011, 08:11 AM
With my wife's blessing, I've worn a piercing continuously since having it done in late '08, with no significant problems. I went to the best local piercer I could find, paid a little more, but his advice for me was spot on. He did mine in a slightly larger 12 gauge, not the 14 gauge that normally gets used. He said that he likes to start with a more robust initial piercing, as migration is much less, and healing can be better.

For these piercings, he went against the grain with the initial saline soaks, and told me to never get the piercing wet, for the first two months. That meant I took showers with a cup pressed firmly against my belly button with one hand, to keep that area dry. No salve, no saline, nothing, just keep it dry. Also, no tight fitting clothing, just loose natural fabrics, and pants that ride well below the belly button. After the 60 days, he said it was healing well, and I could get wet in the shower, but "No Changing It" for the first six-12 months. I waited about eight, then found I could change with no problem, but if I didn't get it lined up just so, there'd be a little blood at the top of it. I asked him about this, and he said it was normal until it's fully healed (after a year), and a little neosporin would be fine to use for a little exterior tearing.

Now, I don't really change it much (have a black titanium curved bar in now), it looks and feels great, and have no problems wearing heavier girlier styles like hanging jewels and pierced belly chains. I use 14 gauge now, and the hole is snug, but easy to thread the jewelry through. When I do change it out, I'm just careful to go slow and sterilize well. Also, internally threaded jewelry reduces the risk of any tearing, especially during the tender initial healing months.

My regular routine is to inspect and clean up the post every couple of days with a q-tip if any lint or stuff collects around the posts, and apply a little neosporin if there is any hint of goopy goop around the posts.

If I have to do beach outings with "the family" (lives in another state), I let my chest/stomach hair grow out, and put in a small, clear piercing retainer, which is next to unnoticeable.

How long will I wear it in life? Who knows? Probably when I'm older and I cease to care about having a flat stomach and I let my tummy go, it'll be time to ditch it.

Good luck!

katesometimes
03-15-2011, 09:36 AM
It's my favorite piercing, however my girlfriend likes my nipple rings more ^_^

I've fantasized about nipple piercing for years but I'm too chicken to even get my ears pierced...

Kiera79
03-15-2011, 09:57 AM
I too want to the the navel but, am a chicken as my SO wouldn't bat an eye at it. She told me if that's what I want go fo it. She is also jealous as she has an outie type navel and can't get a pierecing. I got to lose a little more and define the area (like Sedona avatar) and go from there.

Annie D
03-15-2011, 12:42 PM
I wish that I still had mine. I had the first one done about 12 years ago and after about 6 months (I thought I was clear) my body rejected it. I waited about 4 months and got another and kept it for over a year. My big mistake was that I rode my motorcycle from DFW to Phoenix and the top of my jeans rubbed the piercing completely out of the skin. Now I have something that resembles a bubble and every piercer that I have gone to has told me that the bubble is like an open cave and the piercing won't take. As a result, I have gotten a small butterfly tattoo and a colorful flower adorning the spot. I still wish I had my jewelry: there is nothing like the look on the sales associate's face when I purchased on new piece and told them it was for me.

Kate Lynn
03-15-2011, 01:29 PM
I don't understand why people pierce their belly button unless they need a place to hang one of those cardboard pine air fresheners. :lol:

Kiera79
03-15-2011, 05:32 PM
Kate lynn,

We wish to do it as a personal preference, just like some will only wear skirts or some hate jeans. LOL it is all personal choice.

Sedona
03-15-2011, 10:40 PM
Well said Kiera. Duh, we're crossdressers, there is no reason at all to cast judgement on someone else's fashion/body choices.

Kiera, If you want to go get one, and have the SO's blessing, for peet's sake, go get it done! I'm not one of these people who will try to tell you it didn't hurt at all. On me, yes, there was some pain (maybe a 6 out of 10), but it's a very quick pain (no, you don't have to watch), and the worst is over in two seconds. Take a few tylenol and trust me, treat it right (follow your piercer's instructions to the T), and you'll love it.

And, if getting a navel piercing is a little extra motivation to drop a few pounds you've been wanting to lose, by all means, use it as motivation!

christinac
03-15-2011, 11:01 PM
Be very careful piercing belly buttons you could let all of the air out by mistake !! LOL

If that would get rid of this unwanted gut I've aquired this past year, then pierce away! My six pack went way past a keg and turned into a whole brewery.

tamarav
03-17-2011, 11:16 AM
I seem to think a belly piercing is really sexy, I have had mine in for a few years. I do have a double, one at the top and one on the bottom of the navel. Read my experiences on belly piercing in my web site under the articles section.

I love to wear dangle jewelry that peaks out from under my top when I am out. Doesn't seem to phase much of anybody that I work with..

I did do my own piercings, but I do piercing all the time at work and for friends. Pain is manageable, but I do use a numbing cream so that I can focus on what I am doing, when piercing my own.

Paula Siemen
03-17-2011, 01:33 PM
The pain isnt bad, At least for me it wasn't. I was so excited to get it done that I hardly noticed the fast pinch, Then it was over. My tounge hurt way more. As for healing that will vary. I heal pretty fast so I was able to change it after only 2 months. But Ive heard of people having to wait up to 6 months. Just make sure you keep it clean and stay away from corsets for a few months.

It took me over a year to go and get it, But I am very happy that I did.

Why did piercing your navel hurt your tongue???

Joanna Maguire
03-17-2011, 08:55 PM
I too wear corsets. Not good for a belly piercing But I have nipple rings. It hurt a bit for a few weeks. OK now except if my partner pulls on a ring. Which she does too often. But its sexy and arousing sexually.

Jenna Stunned
03-18-2011, 04:50 AM
Why did piercing your navel hurt your tongue???

LOL, Sorry. I should have writen, Piercing my tongue hurt alot more.

Kiera79
03-18-2011, 08:19 AM
Well said Kiera. Duh, we're crossdressers, there is no reason at all to cast judgement on someone else's fashion/body choices.

Kiera, If you want to go get one, and have the SO's blessing, for peet's sake, go get it done! I'm not one of these people who will try to tell you it didn't hurt at all. On me, yes, there was some pain (maybe a 6 out of 10), but it's a very quick pain (no, you don't have to watch), and the worst is over in two seconds. Take a few tylenol and trust me, treat it right (follow your piercer's instructions to the T), and you'll love it.

And, if getting a navel piercing is a little extra motivation to drop a few pounds you've been wanting to lose, by all means, use it as motivation!

Do trust sedona I'm gettin it in this summer. I'm loving me and my SO so its coming if I don't chicken out. Wish me luck.

Nicki S
03-18-2011, 08:31 AM
I have had mine for over a year now, and I love it. The jewelry choices are endless.
As Sedona stated, the pain is there when getting pierced, but it is a very short duration pain. I believe that a navel piercing is a very feminine statement. Similar to wearing a bra. There made for women.