PDA

View Full Version : HELP needed

joanne anderson
03-15-2011, 06:28 PM
High every one.
It's been some time since I last posted a thread but I desperately need some help and advice.
I belong to a transgender club in New Zealand ,it's called Agender and as it's name implies it covers everyone who in some way consider themselves in some form or another, be it transexual, gay, lesbian, crossdresser etc.
It does tremendous work for the transgender community in protecting right of the trans community through changes in laws in relationship to legislation.
The group hold a meeting once a month and it has been a life saviour for me as I do not venture out dressed at any other time
Over the past year or two, the numbers, new and older members, seems to have gradually faded in numbers. I know that a few members including myself have felt that it's turned into just a place where it's just a talk shop, politics the weather but nothing much in aspects of for me, things beining a crosdresser and things that are of more interest to me.
I don't exactly know what I want but I feel that may be problem may lies that sometimes those transexual members and others maybe part of the problem.
I understand my crossdresers issues may be boring to the other members other than C/Der's.
I often just want to chat with other C/Ds about things such as make-upclothing styles and where the buy things, which I appreciate would be of no interest to other gendermembers but there never is a chance to do so.
I'd love to know from others members here who may also be members of there local C/D clubs what do they do when they meet and spend there times at their club.
Please help me to try and change the way my club runs before it looses any more members and I end up no longer having some place to venture out of my home.

Lol Joanne

AllieSF
03-15-2011, 06:54 PM
Hi Joanne,

What works in one group may not work in another, no matter how good the recommended change may be. I do understand that you are not ready to go out. I would treat that meetup group also as a place to meet other CD's in order to network and maybe meet someone with whom you can meet, maybe in a motel or one of your homes, to dress and just talk. If that does not work for you, maybe you need to take the lead to encourage them to bring more CD's into the group, add some things that are of interest to you or recommend another group that may meet you specific needs. Good luck.

Cynthia Anne
03-15-2011, 07:12 PM
Sounds like they need a leader! Someone who will take charge and bring some fresh ideas to it! The way you spoke up to us makes me think that YOU should speak up and let them know how you feel! Giv'em hale! You can make a difference! Hugs!

Eryn
03-15-2011, 07:15 PM
The reason that people participate in any organization is for enjoyment. When it ceases to be enjoyable people find other ways to entertain themselves. If you wish to revitalize your organization you have to examine what it is not doing that is prompting people to leave. Talk about it with other members and make changes accordingly.

docrobbysherry
03-15-2011, 07:27 PM
Joanne, great ideas posted above! I think I see a problem with YOUR group. It's TOO inclusive! An organization that involves everyone may end up helping no one! And, BORING everyone!

It sounds like "someone" needs to organize a meeting for just the cd/trans members! THEN, the conversations/topics should interest MOST folks in attendance!

Chastitycd
03-15-2011, 07:43 PM
I agree with the above posts, talk to your leader and voice your concerns with him/her as well. Maybe offer to take it upon yourself to organize a CD only meeting on another night of the week or maybe offer to build a schedule of events to discuss that rotates around different topics that apply to some part of the group so at least a topic is covered for all people that attend at some time. Whatever you do, dont let this tool die as it is a tool in your arsenal of dealing with life!

Chastity

t-girlxsophie
03-16-2011, 02:16 AM
Sadly my local Support Group,Crosslynx in Glasgow,where I first ventured out almost 10 years to the month.has fallen away.I attended every meeting for nearly 8 years but it hasnt been here for a while,hopefully it will pick up again as there is hopes for a new venue
Every month we had demo's (makeup,wigs etc),talks with Organisations,Companys selling their wares,we had a Xmas Party and A beauty Pageant,It was a great place to meet others just like me,In recent years tho,I noticed the same thing others have mentioned I felt it was veering towards more TS Issues,though there is a very good Local meeting place also in Glasgow (Sandyford Clinic).Not that they shouldn't be welcomed a lot of my TS friends started out at Crosslynx.Hopefully,in the near future I can begin to get out more often again

joanne anderson
03-22-2011, 05:37 PM
Hello again.
My thanks to those how replied to my call for help. I had a feeling that what most of you pointed out was that if I was the one who was worried about how things were evolving within my local crossdressing group, then maybe I should take on the roll of solving the problems by seeking a position within the set-up.
I have always been one who would be happy to make suggestion on how to solve a problem but never have been willing to be the one to impiment those changes but I have, always been willing to commit myself to helping those who did.
What I was hoping for from my earlier thread was to find out what went on in other Transgender clubs that could help those who are at the moment running my local club.
Maybe if I can gather that information from you girls I might feel strong enough to seek election to the groups commitee.
Once again thanks for the advice you gave earlier, I knew I could count on you all.

LOL Joanne

ashlylynn
03-23-2011, 02:32 AM
Obviously, there is a lack of leadership there.
Nightclub or House of Worship numbers face when the DJ or Clergy stop delviering good CONTENT ( music/topic/sermon )

1 - Get a list of everyone's email OR set up a "Alter Ego FaceBook account" and encorage all others to do so and add you.
2 - Separate the peeps into groups and then create Facebook Events IDEAS - ad poll who is interested in what topic.
3 - The popular onse - host them yourself and only the people interested will come - thouch all were "invited!" so its not snobby.
--- I'd say a photoshoot, voice lessons, body shaping, would be good topics to start.
Then you can alternate where to hold the parties.