PDA

View Full Version : The Forum, Self Discovery, and New Friends!

Anne2345
03-16-2011, 01:15 PM
Hi All! I just wanted to share a few thoughts with everyone on Anne's evolution over the few short weeks I have been here.

For those of you that have read my previous posts, you know that I finally acknowledged and succumbed to my need to join this forum, make new friends, and participate with others in our mutual journey. Although I came to the realization that I needed to join and participate, past what I have stated in my other posts, I was not clear within my own head as to why.

After participating and getting involved with this forum in the manner in which I have, I have discovered why I needed to join. This discovery was made possible by soaking up and digesting as many threads and posts as I have had time to review. There are some remarkable and quite insightful threads and posts here! This forum is really an amazing resource, among all of its other great qualities.

Even moreso, and before I detail my discovery, it was made possible by the new friends I have made. You all know who you are, and you all are fantastic! I would be remiss, however, if I did not specifically acknowledge my new sweetie-pie girl friend Marissa. She has been particularly helpful in my journey of self-discovery here, and I appreciate her, and everyone else, greatly! :)

As I have explained in earlier posts, my wife is fantastic and wonderfully accepting of Anne. I could not be more appreciative of my wife, and could not love her any more. :o But until now, Anne has been behind closed doors her entire life, and unknown to the rest of the world. In this forum, I have discovered that Anne, naturally enough, has her own personality. She is her own woman! Again, my wife is fantastic, but when dressed when she is around, I am still her husband. Given that all my wife has given me and accepted me for, this is a boundary that I accept and would never complain about. If she one day accepts this part of Anne, that is fantastic! But until that day arrives, I cannot and will not complain or push it. That simply would not be fair to my wife.

But what I have learned is that Anne and her feminine personality (what my personality when I am dressed should be, and a side of me that is otherwise integral to who I am), has not had the opportunity to grow, mature, and evolve. In a way, she has been under lock and key. It is now so OBVIOUS to me that this I why I needed to join and participate, that I cannot believe I did not recognize it before! When I am here, I am now free to participate and interact as Anne, and to really be Anne, in all of her feminine glory!

For me, I would not trade my masculine side for anything. I love my masculine side. I love my feminine side, too, and would not trade it, either. Back long ago when I was deeply struggling with who and what I am, if someone had offered me a magical pill that would have wiped Anne away, I would have jumped at the chance. Now, after my wife's acceptance long ago, which was instrumental in allowing me to ultimately come to terms with and accept myself, if someone offered me that same pill - I would not take it. I would not even consider it! I love Anne! And after learning more about her these past couple of weeks, I love her more than ever!

So again, I want to thank everyone and the forum for helping to make this revelation possible for me. You girls are all fantastic, and we are all beautiful! Thanks for listening!

Love,

Anne

BiancaEstrella
03-16-2011, 01:44 PM
This site has had a similar effect on me (minus the wife and broader openness to the world). Still, it's good to be a part of something so helpful for so many.

rachaelsloane
03-16-2011, 02:05 PM
Anne,
You have expressed feelings that many of us have and have held within for much longer than we should have. Joining and being your friend means a lot.
The Best,
Rachael

Marissa
03-16-2011, 02:55 PM
:o:o:o Thank you for the sweet comments..how was I to know that a little bit of harrassement would go such a long way :D Its my pleasure to befriend you and offer some guidance with a little bit of humor along the way..

Its great that you have expressed what many feel after just a short time of becoming a member. So much is offered and gained from being an active member. I would hope those that are visitors read this and maybe decide to join sooner instead of waiting so long.

Thank you Anne for sharing your thoughts :)

Hugs,
Marissa

Sorry, the heading "09a" is cat typing..LOL.

teri50
03-16-2011, 03:14 PM
Thankyou for putting into words, what I and probably a lot more people on this site is feeling...I love this site and it is helping me in ways that many would not understand...each day i come here, I learn something new, and that is what keeps me coming back, plus all the great people that leave their comments...

Cynthia Anne
03-16-2011, 03:51 PM
I think what you said here is so true for many, including myself! It has helped in so many ways! Girls like you are the reason it is so nice!Thank you! HUGS!

Fab Karen
03-16-2011, 05:17 PM
You love YOURSELF more than ever. Unless your name is Sybil ( rent the movie ) you're not two different people.

Anne2345
03-16-2011, 05:26 PM
You love YOURSELF more than ever. Unless your name is Sybil ( rent the movie ) you're not two different people.

LOL! You are absolutely correct! And that is what I meant! :)

Rianna Humble
03-16-2011, 06:08 PM
Unless your name is Sybil ( rent the movie ) you're not two different people.

That's what I keep telling myselves, but the others don't agree :eek: I even put it to a majority vote and lost :heehee:

Frédérique
03-17-2011, 03:13 PM
For those of you that have read my previous posts, you know that I finally acknowledged and succumbed to my need to join this forum, make new friends, and participate with others in our mutual journey. Although I came to the realization that I needed to join and participate, past what I have stated in my other posts, I was not clear within my own head as to why.

It’s fun to be here, but I, like you, don’t know why I felt I needed to participate – I joined a few years before I ever introduced myself. I think crossdressing is an interesting topic to discuss, and it’s fun to write and discover new angles to "the usual" subjects…

After participating and getting involved with this forum in the manner in which I have, I have discovered why I needed to join. This discovery was made possible by soaking up and digesting as many threads and posts as I have had time to review. There are some remarkable and quite insightful threads and posts here! This forum is really an amazing resource, among all of its other great qualities.

I often tell people that a forum like this is a better resource for information about crossdressing than any authoritative text on the subject. What you hear (outside of our community) isn’t necessarily true – it’s better to go to the source, and, fortunately, there are many wordsmiths on this site who can either inform us (or reassure us) with their words. In the end, the members support each other, just as it should be…
:)

suzy1
03-17-2011, 03:24 PM
This is a wonderful forum. I spent my hole life crossdressing in secret and thinking I was weird. And then find this place in just the last year!
It has changed my life. Amazing!
All the girls are fantastic as you say, and so are you Anne. Keep posting girl.

Hug from, SUZY

kimdl93
03-17-2011, 03:25 PM
Anne, thanks for sharing such a positive, affirming testimonial. Sometimes, I get a litle down reading about the struggles so many of us face with society, our SO, and ultimately ourselves. Its so uplifting to hear from someone who had discovered, come to terms and loves herself for all that she is.

Denise69
03-17-2011, 05:14 PM
Anne,
You have summed up everything very nicely. This group of lovely people pried my eyes open, forced me to look deeply at who I am and accept it. We are not alone! And for those of us with Accepting SO's, of which I am so lucky to have, It helps us express ourselves. I too enjoy having and expressing both sides and would not every give away either. Many blessings.

Alice B
03-17-2011, 05:51 PM
I want to thank you for your post. You could not have put things into better perspective and and it all applies to me in thought and action. While my wife is not as accepting to the level of yours, she still accepts my needs and allows me to express them. I may have been remiss in asking myself the who, what, and why. But, you have done it for me.