PDA

View Full Version : I had to laugh

DebsUK
03-16-2011, 07:37 PM
I went out at lunchtime to do a little shopping from work and went to a local supermarket (Asda, which is part of the Walmart empire). I picked up a nice top and a dress in the clothing section, and bought one or two other things I needed. When I got to the checkout, the lady was very friendly and chatty. As she picked up the clothes she cooed "Oooh, these are really pretty!". Then she asked me if it was someone's birthday. She was so nice and sweet I didn't really have the heart to tell her they were for me so, I just said that it was my wife's birthday (with a load of other comments going through my head like "and blow me down if she doesn't happen to be EXACTLY the same size as me!"). She carried on chatting asking me when it was (I said tomorrow and that was good because I had a extra day to wrap them), and was saying "Oh, she'll love them!".
Just as I was paying up she lent over towards me and I thought "Oh, she twigged", but no. She was asking me in a sort of stage whisper if I had got her a card already as they had some nice ones in the store.
I was chuckling about this for the rest of the day.

t-girlxsophie
03-16-2011, 10:01 PM
Thats a sweet and funny story Only one thing that would have made that experience better is if I lent you my 10% staff discount LOL

Sophie

Anne2345
03-16-2011, 10:25 PM
I love the story! Fantastic! Thank you for sharing, and I really enjoyed the laugh!

Fab Karen
03-17-2011, 05:29 AM
You shoulda said,"yep- happy birthday to me"

Cynthia Anne
03-17-2011, 06:51 PM
Very cute story! You could had told her it was your twin brothers birthday!Hugs!

Rachel Morley
03-17-2011, 07:20 PM
You shoulda said,"yep- happy birthday to me"

Ha ha :heehee: .. that's a good one. I'll have to remember that.

Jessica_Dillon
03-17-2011, 07:34 PM
Very cute. I enjoyed that story. Thanks for sharing.