PDA

View Full Version : Not a good way to get partially introduce to my new downstairs neighbors!!!

Ediosa
03-17-2011, 09:11 PM
Time to explain.

I was dressed all nicely and came back from going to the movies to see "Battle: LA", which was pretty good. I had the heels off and my wig off, but makeup was on, earrings, top and forms in and was cooking. I also had on my skinny tight low-rise jeans on. I decided to do some laundry cause I really had to wash some of my sons clothes.

I was on the computer when I heard the washer going (filling up with water). This has been awhile so it was a little strange that it was filling up with water. I didn't think anything about it though and continue with looking at the computer. At the same time I had water boiling with spaghetti in it. I smell something and right away I thought I burned my spaghetti and ran into the kitchen. I was on-time and the spaghetti was perfect. I relaxed and started to get the rest of my meal going, when I heard the washer still going (filling up). To me, it was 45 to an hour ago that I started it, I knew something was not right. I went to check it out and right away I noticed something wrong. Water was at the entrance to my sons bathroom, on the carpet, where the washer and drier was. I looked in the bathroom and water was all over the floor, and it was about 2 inches of water. I rushed to the washer to see where it was coming from. I tried to look behind the washer without any luck. I was freaking out because I live on the third floor of an apartment complex. I used all my strength to finally shut the valve on the wall because they were hard to operate. As soon as I shut the valves off, there was a knock on the door. It was downstairs neighbor telling me that water was coming down from the ceiling and thought I had overflowed my tub. I told him that I found the mistake and I am fixing it. (without opening the door) Right away, I knew I was screwed because that is bad that water was leaking in downstairs. I quickly tried to get as much water up as I could, but it was a WHOLE LOT!!! I knew I needed help and I still had my makeup and clothes on. I grabbed a towelette and took off my makeup as fast and as much as possible. I also took off my top and forms and put on a regular guys t-shirt. Earrings off, jewelry off and everything else off, except my jeans. I tried to grab as much water as I could with all the towels I had(I have over 20 towels for some reason). Still water everywhere. I freaked out and went to the second floor to see how much water was falling into his apartment. He let me in and his wife said it was a lot but it was no big deal (maybe because their apartment was a mess). They asked if I needed any help with towels and such. I said no to towels but yes to help. I asked for help to pick up the water in my apartment. Now understand, I have my toenails painted RED and I was wearing very tight low rise jeans, plus I'm sure they could see the mascara and eyeliner. I ran upstairs and continue to pick up as much water as I could. More bad news. Water was being seen in the first floor. So the guy from the first floor came to my apartment and started helping me out picking up as much water as he could. So toenails painted, partial makeup on, female clothes all over the place, my wig on my couch not covered, forms on my bed, so if they looked, they saw that, tight fitting jeans. Oh, my hand nails were also painted a nice silver color and where nice and long. They didn't say anything though. The guy from downstairs looked a little weirded out because he would look at my nails but he was still helping me out. When as close to the amount of water was picked up, they left and I had the luxury to pick up the rest of the water. It was a stressful hour and night. Luckily I had a sham-wow, which does wonders in picking up water and I took up the carpet and dried everything up with fans. Not that much damage in the 2 floors below me either. Which I was lucky.

This was the first time introduce to these gentlemen, I really didn't care but I'm pretty sure they know more about me then before or wanted to know.....LOL!!!

Kathi Lake
03-17-2011, 09:18 PM
Wow, I can think of less stressful ways of introducing myself to neighbors, but it looks like you handled it with grace, dignity, and humor. Good for you!

:)

Kathi

Cynthia Anne
03-17-2011, 09:43 PM
Oh! What a mess! You poor girl! If you had of stayed dressed, it sounds as if it would not of made much difference!

sissystephanie
03-17-2011, 10:13 PM
There are many ways to meet new neighbors, but I don't think I would recommend your way!! I am glad it all seemed to work out for you!!

PretzelGirl
03-17-2011, 10:27 PM
I wouldn't worry about it. It is now all water under the ..... Well, nevermind.

What heart pumper!

Natalie Wood
03-17-2011, 10:46 PM
I am so sorry that all of that happened to you. You had to be mortified and a nervous wreck. But at least you have nice enough neighbors to help you. And now you don't have to hide your dressing as much around them, probably.

kimdl93
03-17-2011, 11:19 PM
Wow - I can't imagine.

donnatracey
03-17-2011, 11:34 PM
Talk about bad luck!.....will be interesting to see how they interact w/you in the future.......:doh:

Ediosa
03-17-2011, 11:40 PM
I am so sorry that all of that happened to you. You had to be mortified and a nervous wreck. But at least you have nice enough neighbors to help you. And now you don't have to hide your dressing as much around them, probably.

Talk about bad luck!.....will be interesting to see how they interact w/you in the future.......:doh:

I know. Before they just saw a probably woman coming out of my apartment and out of my car and didn't think anything about it. Now, that they know me, when they see me dress, I'm sure they will look twice and think more of it. Today the guy from the second floor that acted a little weird saw me working at my car and my son around me. He said hi and asked how I was doing. I was in guy mode. I am sure he will act weird if he sees me in girl mode. Not looking for it but I guess we will see since I am not going to change anything.

AlannahNorth
03-17-2011, 11:59 PM
That's one way to make yourself famous!

But seriously - ouch! What an evening.

In an attempt to put a positive light on this, think of how stressed you would have been if you were planning to deliberately reveal this to your neighbors... maybe now you won't have to.

Best wishes, and the best thing to do is just be yourself.