PDA

View Full Version : What do Abbreviations mean ??

Jannine
03-18-2011, 07:38 AM
Hello Ladies,

I am a new member and recently my partner discovered that I was sneaking onto this site, so consequently that developed into a chaotic situation to say the least. After another argument, we were both yelling and crying, talking and not talking until early in the morning. We tried to reason why I do what I do, and why was life a bitch for both of us. We had a sleepless night and had a terrible day after. I felt as if I had died in my sleep.
I have been dressing for years, but always behind her back. I have treated her badly for all of our marriage. This has been such an uncontrolable thing in my life since my teens, and always after I had been discovered dressing I would dispose of all my pretty things and I would suffer periods of anger, denial and self doubt, but take my anger out on her and the kids.

However, to cut a long story short, and to my great relief, (after lots of tears from both of us) we have been able to talk about all of this, and maybe to reach a compromise, for the first time. We have spent the day together, shopping and joking about what I should wear !! What a turnaround.
A gigantic weight has been lifted from me; I can't describe the feeling of relief that I feel, after those long years, I have been able to talk and discuss more or less freely with another human being about something that has been lurking in the shadows for most of my life.

We went to this site, to find some support and advice from other wives / girlfriends and we read quite a lot of interesting and informative posts, but were confused by the abbreviations used. We looked for a glossary of terms, but found none. Maybe they are there somewhere, but not easy to find.
So my question is; Could the Mods please explain the terms used, so that I might involve my partner, and also for the benefit of other novices and new members ??

Jannine.X :love:

Kiera79
03-18-2011, 08:05 AM
Hi Jannine,

What terms are you referring too? I'm glad you and her worked it all out and it feels so good to be open. I love my SO for her supporting but stern ways. She will give me a comment quick and I love her for that. Stay close to her because women like her are few and far between.

KrystalA
03-18-2011, 08:10 AM
Having only been a member here for a couple of months myself, I was confused at some of the abbreviations too, but here is a partial list I've figured out.
IMHO - In My Humble Opinion
FAB - Female At Birth
GF - Girl Friend (that one's pretty obvious)
SO - Significant Other
DRAB - Dressed As A Boy

I know there are others, but that's a start...LOL

Joanne f
03-18-2011, 08:58 AM
http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?76117-What-Are-All-Those-Abbreviations

Should tell you all you need in post number 2

RenneB
03-18-2011, 09:02 AM
Being from the generation that SOL meant that you were Sh** out of luck, when I first heard LOL, I thought it meant Lots of Luck. That is until my kids told me other wise. Sounds like the other poster has got you started. Here's a few of mine.

ROFL CGU - Rolling on the floor laughing...can't get up.
QQQQQQQQQQ = 10Q or Thank you.

Then there's the code when I go online shopping. I just figured out NWOT is New without tags, and likewise NWT is new with tags.

I'm still working on the abbreviations and the code words for girl stuff. You know like, empire, smocked, shirred, criss-cross, boho, bodice, tunic, and the list goes on and on....

Renne.....

Leslie Foxx
03-18-2011, 10:47 AM
Years ago when I was the new girl here I found this glossary at TSroadmap.com:
http://www.tsroadmap.com/start/tgterms.html

I hope you will find it helpful.

AnnaCalliope
03-18-2011, 11:01 AM
Terms mostly used on this site:

GG - Genetic Girl (Synonym for Female At Birth)
TS - Transsexual
TV - Transvestite
CD - Crossdresser
TG - Transgender

General Internet Terms:

LOL - Laugh Out Loud
ROFL - Rolling On Floor Laughing
LMAO - Laughing My A** Off
ROFLMAO - Rolling On The Floor Laughing My A** Off (for those truly hilarious moments)
SFW/NSFW - Safe For Work/Not Safe For Work (when linking pics or websites of questionable content that could get one fired).
FTW - For The Win
FTL - For The Loss
TBH - To Be Honest
FTA - From The Article
WTF - What The F***?
WTH - What The H***?
BRB - Be Right Back
AFK - Away From Keyboard
BBL - Be Back Later
TTYL - Talk To You Later

That's all I can think of off the top of my head. The list goes on and on and on, and is constantly being updated everyday with new abbreviations. Don't even get me started on all the terms from the Online Gaming World.

joank
03-18-2011, 11:26 AM
Terms mostly used on this site:

GG - Genetic Girl (Synonym for Female At Birth)
TS - Transsexual
TV - Transvestite
CD - Crossdresser
TG - Transgender

General Internet Terms:

LOL - Laugh Out Loud
ROFL - Rolling On Floor Laughing
LMAO - Laughing My A** Off
ROFLMAO - Rolling On The Floor Laughing My A** Off (for those truly hilarious moments)
SFW/NSFW - Safe For Work/Not Safe For Work (when linking pics or websites of questionable content that could get one fired).
FTW - For The Win
FTL - For The Loss
TBH - To Be Honest
FTA - From The Article
WTF - What The F***?
WTH - What The H***?
BRB - Be Right Back
AFK - Away From Keyboard
BBL - Be Back Later
TTYL - Talk To You Later

That's all I can think of off the top of my head. The list goes on and on and on, and is constantly being updated everyday with new abbreviations. Don't even get me started on all the terms from the Online Gaming World.

FTA could also be' F--- the army' as in the 1960's and early 70's. This phrase was used by the grunts in Vietnam. Just for us old folks.

Jannine
03-18-2011, 02:13 PM
Thanks so much Girls,
That helps to clear up some questions for me. Especially ROFL CGU - I love that one, 'cause I do that often !!
It was basicly those most commonly used here that had me confused. Sometimes I'm a bit dense !

Jannine. X

Sandra
03-18-2011, 02:14 PM
Ok so now we all know what they all mean lol thread closed