PDA

View Full Version : Did your desires ever keep you a prisoner in a relationship?

ChrisP
03-18-2011, 09:21 AM
I'm curious if anyone else has had the experience of their desires being used to entice them to stay in a relationship that they otherwise would have ended.

I once dated a woman who was very upfront about her enjoying men who crossdressed. She was well educated, and fairly attractive too, but as the relationship progressed, there were lots of red flags.

Specifically, she had substance abuse issues, and in certain social interactions she would behave in an embarrassing fashion (nothing related to crossdressing, just loud, inappropriate, sloppy behavior).

When discussing these issues didn't work, I knew that the relationship was doomed; she was happy as she was (if you can call that happiness).

Whenever I resolved to leave, she would up her support for my dressing, and sometimes interrupt my arguing with her to apply my makeup, or something similar. I knew how wrong it was to stay in the relationship, but at the same time my own desires kept me coming back for more.

We finally split up over these same issues, but I continued dating her for a good 6 months more than I should have.

I'd like to think I've learned my lesson about these things, but we shall see.
Anyone else?

Chris

kimdl93
03-18-2011, 09:38 AM
I see the possibility - not just with cross dressing, but in any relationship built on dependency. I really think relationships work best when the partners are equals and able to live independently as well as together. I'm sure lots of us can think of relationships that were propped up by one sort of crutch or another.

Its too bad that she couldn't face those issues - the excesses will take their toll eventually and she'll have missed out on what could have been a great relationship.

Cynthia Anne
03-18-2011, 09:50 AM
If a fire is started at both ends it should meet in the middle! If it spreads out it's time to put the fire out! Sometimes when things look good they may be rotten on the inside! I'm happy for you for realizing this!

Alice Torn
03-18-2011, 10:58 AM
That is why i am a 57 yo confirmed bachelor.

AKAMichelle
03-18-2011, 11:04 AM
I hate to admit this, but the answer may be "YES".