PDA

View Full Version : Compliments

joank
03-18-2011, 11:44 AM
How may of you have recieved compliments on your look from strangers when out or one you know (anywhere/anytime)? I have not ever recieved a complimet on me but I have had some for jewlery and just yesterday for wearing green (blouse and tank plus braclet, ring, ear rings and pin.

Most interactions I have had with the public are business related with a very few exceptions. I try had to look appropriate and 'good' but I guess I don't read well.
How about you?

Patrice_CD
03-18-2011, 01:39 PM
I've gotten comments on my heels, my perfume, my hair, my clothing, etc. I think it all kind of goes together as a package. I love all the compliments that I get. That really keeps me going.

kimdl93
03-18-2011, 01:51 PM
Not from strangers, since I don't go out in public (yet), but last night one of our neighbors gave me what I took as a prefunctory compliment - said " I looked nice". Well, I didn't believe her entirely (the outfit was fine, but whatever). I'll take what I can get!

Cynthia Anne
03-18-2011, 01:57 PM
I've had a few good compliments! But mostly I get strange looks!

Megan70
03-18-2011, 02:00 PM
On several occasions a girl will ask me " who did my makeup", and when I say myself she looks surprised, some even wanted me to do theirs. Had compliments on shoes from SA's at Goodwill.

carhill2mn
03-18-2011, 02:26 PM
Fortunately, I have received some. It is very pleasurable when I do.

Kim_Bitzflick
03-18-2011, 03:33 PM
I have received a few unsolicited compliments from strangers. It makes you feel so good about yourself.

Sometimes Steffi
03-18-2011, 03:43 PM
I've received compliments from GGs on my jewelry.

My (GG) tailor has given me compliments on my gowns.

My therapist has told me on several occasions that I'm "well put together".

And I've had numerous compliments from this board and FtF on my pix after a makeover.

Jannine
03-18-2011, 03:46 PM
You are a good looking woman, Kim. xx

I was completely blown away by the compliments from our members here. I posted some pics and was overwhelmed by the comments I recieved, and embarrassed also. (first time viewed by the WORLD) !!

Jannine. x