PDA

View Full Version : Am I one of the few?

Matt2Marissa
03-18-2011, 05:52 PM
That doesn't want be feminine. I have nothing against it, and against those of you who do. I am a transgender, and after I go through the transition, I don't want many feminine qualities. Whenever I crossdress, I put the clothes on then go back to playing Xbox, watching TV/a movie, studying/doing homework, and when I am home and not in my dorm (I have a private room to myself but the bathroom is community and a few doors down) I will sometimes sleep in panties, the tank top I own, and men's basketball shorts. I just find it strange that I want to have the feminine body, face, hair, all of that, without too much of a mind change. Basically, I want to be a girl, a tomboy but still a girl.
When I was saying about in my latest thread about being feminine, what I was trying to say was that my face is not as masculine looking as most other guy's.

JohnH
03-18-2011, 06:26 PM
You are like some of the other girls on this website. Some of them are into motorcycles and other stereotypical masculine things.

I myself don't think I'm any different when I put on a dress vs. putting on men's clothes. As I have written I don't have a distinct guy mode and girl mode. I wear denim skirts while I am in sort of guy mode along with a man's T shirt and a pair of men's boat shoes.

I sleep in a nightgown and notice my breasts and hips as I lie in bed, and I have not taken hormones! So if I take hormones I don't expect any earthshaking transformations - just bigger breasts, hips, more rounded face, less hair on the body, and a narrower waist. My wife can vouch that I am not the manliest man!

Johanna

kimdl93
03-18-2011, 07:20 PM
I don't think you're at all the exception. I think if you hang around a while, you'll find that there's a huge range of interests and perspectives here. Yes, there are a lot of us, myself included, who enjoy feeling (whatever that means) feminine, as well as dressing as a woman. And there's plenty of room in the tent for someone who might want to "be a tomboy, but still a girl."

Also bear in mind that many of us, myself included, are tempted to live vicariously through young people like you. We get pretty excited when we know that someone has the chance for experiences that we wish we might have had... Kinda the if I knew then what I know now, sorta thing.

So bear with us. We can't live your life for you...and might even be able to offer a few shreds of good advice from time to time.

Haley Heather
03-18-2011, 07:43 PM
Girls play video games too.

NathalieX66
03-18-2011, 09:49 PM
Gender is a spectrum......find the place along the spectrum and go with it.

You do not have to prove anything to us....just make yourself happy.

Eryn
03-18-2011, 10:11 PM
You are not unlike millions of GGs, who do what you do, wear what you wear, and are perfectly happy with it.

Enjoy what you want to enjoy. Life is a buffet, not forced feeding!

Jennifer in CO
03-18-2011, 10:21 PM
Marissa,
As you transition, I hope for you the only thing that changes is the reflection in the mirror. I was a bit car crazy before I transitioned back in 79/80. In 1982, I rebuilt my first exotic engine, a Jaguar DOHC 6. I broke several nails on that beauty. I transitioned back to living as a male in 1985. In 1987 I made my first quilt. The mirror doesn't tell you who you are...just how you wear your smile.

Jenn

Anne2345
03-18-2011, 10:37 PM
The simple answer is - it is what it is. Of course, that is entirely oversimplified. Along with that, among other things, comes self acceptance and love of one's self. These two qualities are not necessarily easy to come by. For me, anyways, I fought and rejected myself for years, before finding the right person that accepted me for who I was, thus making it possible for me to accept myself. But it need not take another person to make it acceptable to you (oh how I wish I had known that back in the day!). And even if you do not believe that, you have all of us to make it so! Despite all the bigotry and misinformation out there, I have come to realize that I am extremely lucky, that we are all extremely lucky, assuming we can somehow come to terms with ourselves. We are able to live within the best of both worlds - the masculine and feminine, to whatever degree we choose to do so. Do not look at this as a curse, as I did in my early days, but as a blessing. People are complex. IMO, there is no such thing as a 100% completely male or female personality. Those that choose not to express that part of themselves are really missing out and in denial! Not us! So embrace this side of yourself! You are our sister, and we are here for you!

chrissie
03-19-2011, 03:17 AM
Having started CDing with stockings and suspenders I did not have thoughts or feelings of being more feminine just that I enjoyed the wearing them. However I did not envisage moving onto the range of lingerie that I have bought and wear when possible. I particularly did not plan to wear any style of bra but, surprise, surprise, I have now bought a number of them mainly longline bras.

I think this fits in with my pleasure from wearing stockings, suspenders, OBGs and corselletes - its about the feelings, the pleasure gained from wearing them but I never think of wanting to be permanently dressing this way, in public or at work or wear makeup or a wig

However I do think of wearing them as much as possible at home although that would be impossible in my marriage.

I do quite fancy having a manicure though but not yet...

Surprisingly for me I have had thoughts about wearing more clothes particlulrly skirts to show off my legs/stockings but not certain where this comes from or where it may go...

And some desire for my bra to have more definition and even considered a bullet bra/padded bullet bra but not yet and maybe too risky for me...

I do not have a sense of being a woman in a mans body or confusion about my sexual orientation

I am a heterosexual man who enjoys wearing various items of lingerie...

Kathy4ever
03-19-2011, 04:41 AM
Well many girls grow up being tomboys. So you don't have to feminine if you don't want too. I think most cross dressers get a bigger rush when they are dressed to the nines. It makes since since we watch tv and get a mind set of what a woman should look like. This is one of the problems that real gg's face and why they are more prone to depression. They have a hard time living up to what hollywood portays a woman to look like.

k lynn
03-19-2011, 05:04 AM
I dont look feminine at all quite muscular in fact but I like to wear panties and a bra eveyday with jeans I keep my head shaved from being almost bald have no desire to wear a wig but people notice how I act feminine especially the women at work just comes natually i guess

Claire Cook
03-19-2011, 07:08 AM
Gender is a spectrum......find the place along the spectrum and go with it.

You do not have to prove anything to us....just make yourself happy.

Nathalie has said it all. There are probably no two of us with exactly the same situation or degree of TG / CD. Find your level and enjoy it!

Joanne f
03-19-2011, 07:50 AM
I must admit that i have never quite understood this " male and female things" especially in this day and age, apart from one obvious thing i cannot see that there has been anything in my life that i have done and enjoyed doing that i could not or should not have done if i had been born a genetic woman , you can change your appearance as far as looks and clothes but you cannot change what you enjoy doing in life and i don't see why some may feel like they should , what ever i may look like or act like at times i will always be me inside , try to change that then you change who you are and in my opinion that does not make any sense, but then i have never made any sense :laughing::lol:

ThiHi
03-19-2011, 08:44 AM
The Gender spectrum is an interesting one. My personal opinion is that we Americans as a society are in a state of transition on this topic. The majority still looks at things related to gender in a very 'Us vs Them" perspective. Men don't sew, woman don't build houses. Men only wear three colors, all of them dull, women all fuss over clothes. Those of us in the middle somewhere are the hardest for people to categorize. Rosy Greer is a Football Player that does needlepoint. Russell Crow is a "Mans man" that knits. And so on. I work in a very female dominated world where I'm 'one of the girls', and I love baseball. I don't like rules, as a rule ;-)

Haley Heather
03-19-2011, 12:04 PM
This is one of the problems that real gg's face and why they are more prone to depression. They have a hard time living up to what hollywood portays a woman to look like.

I don't know any statistics but to think that women are more prone to depression only perpetuates the need for some males to repress there depression in fear of being emasculated. Men have just as much that they feel they must live up to as well and in many cases the pressure goes far beyond themselves as they often feel responsible for the lives of many around them, whether real or perceived. Men have feelings and emotions too, lets not lose sight of this.