PDA

View Full Version : The journey of a lifetime begins with the first step out the door!

KatieZ
09-24-2005, 11:57 AM
Well girls I finally did it!
Got rained out at work Fri. and I knew my new breast forms would arrive that day, so I WENT SHOPPING! Hit 3 goodwills in 2 towns and found 2 purses, a jacket a dress, and a skirt. Tried on the dress and skirt in the stores. Then I headed for dept. stores looking for new shoes. I tried on shoes at all three stores and bought a pair at the last one, but after I got home I didn't like them so they are going back. Tip for trying on shoes-wear panty hose under jeans and shoes with no socks. Don't tie shoes, just tuck in the laces so you can kick them off easy. Anyway back to story. After purchasing clothes and such I also bought a new bra, pantyhose, lipstick, and nail polish. Love Meiers cuz they have the automated check out. So I got home and yes my new breast forms were there. I spent the next several hours getting ready. I hadn't shaved yet for the winter, so I shaved chest,arms and legs. Then I put on my makeup and polish and took that first step out the door.I went to a place in Springfield called Chances. It is a gay/lesbian/tg club. I had called a week ago and introduced myself over the phone to Carol the owner. I got there shortly after opening so I had a chance to meet her before too many people came in. This is not a large club and indeed the "crowd" never exceeded about 15-20 people but it was good and I got to meet most of them. I was the only cd dressed but was still made to feel welcome. I talked to several other cds in drab and they all said they usually only dress on Sat. night because it was such a hassle to do after work on Fri. (what sissies LOL). Anyway I had a wonderful time and am going back there tonight. I'm hooked and luvin' it! Also looking into some other clubs in Dayton that won't be much more of a drive than this one. My new av and the pic in my profile were taken after I got back. Should have taken them before I left as that is about 10 hours wear and tear in those pics LOL. Maybe I will get some better pics tonight before I leave and update those.
So I want to thank all you girls here and a couple of other sister sites for the "You can do it" attitude that you bring to this place.

Hugs

rexy
09-24-2005, 02:49 PM
yes dear i agree the journey does start with the ifrst step out the door . I did this first step out the door about two weeks ago met with a freind from this forum. I TELL YOU I CAN HARDLY WIAT TO DO IT AGAIN IT WAS SO MUCH FUN ONCE I GOT OVER BEING SO NERVOUS.............. GO FOR IT GIRLS YOU DO NOT KNOW WHAT YOU ARE MISSING ................REXY

JocelynG
09-24-2005, 03:15 PM
Your statement is very true Katie. You are now on a wonderful incredible journey now that you have taken your first step outdoors. Sounds like you had a wonderful time and I commend you for your courage.Thank you for sharing :)

DonnaT
09-24-2005, 04:11 PM
Congratulations Katie!

ronna
09-24-2005, 05:28 PM
You really look fine in your profile, Katie, that pink top is very cute.
I wish I had your courage (not to mention bustline)!

Laurie Ann
09-24-2005, 07:24 PM
It is wonderful to follow the Yellow Brick Road

Phoebe Reece
09-24-2005, 09:44 PM
Way to go Katie! Next time, I bet you do your shopping after getting all dressed up.

ladyfydiana
09-24-2005, 10:37 PM
I am happy for you and wish you many more "outings". :)

Marlena Dahlstrom
09-25-2005, 01:14 AM
You go girl! :cheer:

You've taken a huge step -- ain't it fun.

KatieZ
09-25-2005, 12:53 PM
Thank you ladies for your words of encouragement and praise. <blushing>
This step has opened up a whole new world for me and I am so excited thinking about where this path is leading me. Hopefully I can meet up with some of you girls sometime for a little shopping or clubbing.

Still can't get a decent close up photo of myself, so I pasted a new av of me on my Sat. night outing. Close ups indoors with bright lights and flash end up looking like I have no makeup on. And outdoors at night with flash was not much better. And I looked so much better than those pics when I looked in the mirror. If I had a scanner I would take the pic with my 35mm and I know that would come out right.

Anyone have any tips on digital photography?

Hugs