PDA

View Full Version : A couple of funny things ...

Claire Cook
03-19-2011, 06:15 AM
One of the things I look forward to in DC / Arlington VA is coming and going dressed as much as I want. (Yes, the area is TG-friendly, as others have said). So two funny things happened over the past two days. On Thursday I went to get my hair cut (male mode) and I was wearing emerald colored studs for St. Patty's Day. My female barber immediately noticed and said "Those are really cute ... when did you get your ears pierced and what does your wife think?" So I filled her in (my wife loves the studs..) and told her that I have now lots of earrings. "..and BTW I love to dress as a woman". "Seriously?" "Uh-huh". So she stops, steps back and looks at my face from several angles. "I would love to see you dressed." As it happend, I was going to have dinner with a GG friend that night, and the barbershop was on the way to the restaurant. "OK, I'll drop by tonight before you close." She wasn't there, so I decided to drop in on Friday.

I spent all of yesterday dressed, and decided to hit the shops in Clarendon, about a 20 minute walk. I stopped by the barbershop. "Hi, I missed you last night." "She stopped what she was doing, stared at me and said "Wow, you really are pretty." (She knows how to get a big tip...maybe her contacts weren't in?) "I want to take your picture." Big smiles, a big hug, and I walked out on Cloud Nine!

So I am picking up some things in Whole Foods and I passed a woman wearing the same top I was wearing! (Has this ever happened to you?) We looked at each other and big smiles. "Hey, we match". I passed her again in the next aisle. She says "Gosh, I thought I was done here 10 minutes ago, but this place is addictive." I giggled at that and said "It sure is. BTW, that top looks better on you than on me." Big smile at that.

Have a great weekend!

Jeanna
03-19-2011, 06:29 AM
Nice story and it should inspirational to those who are afraid to go "out". It's never boring going out in "femme" mode is it? My best days are the days I go out as Jeanna, never boring..

Cynthia Anne
03-19-2011, 09:53 AM
Great story! It's nice to read about the fun you had! The beauty shop will want to see 'Claire' from now on!Hugs!