18) toes painted
19) necklace
20) bracelet
21) several rings
22) high heels
23) purse
24) shaved everywhere but the head
25) v-string vagina

Amazing how many things it takes to be complete, I may have even left a few out.

sissystephanie
03-19-2011, 06:13 PM
That is why I just dress in feminine clothes and don't try to be a woman. When my wife was still alive I did often go completely feminine, with a lot of help from my dear wife! Now I just put on the feminine clothes, from the skin out, and that is all. No wig and no makeup. I am just a guy in female clothing!! That list is way too long to contemplate!!

GaleWarning
03-19-2011, 06:22 PM
Hear, hear!
:clap:

Presh GG
03-19-2011, 06:26 PM
You left out a few ...

Patience and Empathy to name a few.

Presh GG

Electra
03-19-2011, 06:29 PM
That's why I don't want to BE a woman; I just like dressing in feminine clothes and that's all I do but once in a while, once a year or so, I go to a dressing service for a full fem transformation for a few hours or over a weekend.

Sharon B.
03-19-2011, 06:30 PM
With all of the work and necessity items doesn't make you feel wonderful, it does for me.
If I could go full time I would but I would lose what family and friends that I have, plus I wouldn't make the money I am making now.

Sophie86
03-19-2011, 06:31 PM
I can skip #5 and I don't do #25. I use a bit of padding on the ol' hips though. :)

Sara Jessica
03-19-2011, 06:42 PM
Nothing on your list does a woman make. They are the trappings of what some might see as feminine emulation. My wife in particular would take particular exception that her femininity would be defined by anything on your list.

Being a woman has more to do with what is in your heart. No lipstick (or anything else on the list for that matter) is required.

You left out a few ...

Presh GG

Nicely said Presh.

Kate Simmons
03-19-2011, 06:44 PM
Sometimes it's a lot to do, I'll admit. If we cannot be ourselves and have fun doing it though, we are missing the point.:)

Persephone
03-19-2011, 06:47 PM
You left out a few ...

Presh GG

Amen! :^5: ***************

t-girlxsophie
03-19-2011, 07:23 PM
I too have my list that long but it Maybe just me but v string vagina is maybe taking the transformation just that little too far? I remember a friend of mine purchased one and it didnt look right,maybe im just missing something

SandraAbsent
03-19-2011, 07:30 PM
1) human hair wig - or just grow your hair out!
2) foundation - laser baby laser!
3) bronzer - ok only when i am really getting made up
4) eye shadow - i'll give you this one, but i never go overboard
5) false eyelashes - mmm maybe its me, but they just always seemed a bit over the top?
6) eyeliner - use an eyeliner brush and black eyeshadow, kill two birds with one stone and it looks fantastic with little difficulty!
7) lipstick - i'll give you this one too, but most days its just lip gloss for me
8) earrings - i must be the only girl without my ears pierced. hmm i need to get on that!
9) bra - check
10) blouse - you wear a shirt in drab right?
11) silicone breast forms - check
12) silicone breast form adhesives - they get sweaty and sticky enough that with a good bra they stay in place for me anyways.
13) panties - you where underwear in drab right?
14) skirt - see 10 and 13
15) pantyhose - a must for me because my legs have had the holy crap beat out of them. but knee high socks cover up what i need most of the time.
16) fake fingernails - ehhhh to each her own
17) fingernail polish - only when i am going out to the club
18) toes painted - 24/7
19) necklace - if you have any fashion sense, accessories are what make a girl so i will give you this one.
20) bracelet - see 19
21) several rings - see 19
22) high heels - ballet flats, maybe sometimes mary janes with a little heal. otherwise jolly green giant doesnt pass so well
23) purse - ohhh how i love purses
24) shaved everywhere but the head - occupies 3-5 hours a week for me, but you forgot exfoliating, daily moisturizer, nightly wrinkle treatment, cleaning up the brows, nose hair, the little wings you get on the ears :)
25) v-string vagina - what the heck is that?

Truth be know it just all depends on what your physical sense of femininity is. I know many women trans or non-trans that dont put 1/2 the time into presentation that I do, but vanity comes at a high cost of time. There is so much more to femininity than presentation though like others have said here it a psychology and a different way of looking at life. Then are the things that make you a dead giveaway like the walk, posture, gestures, voice, facial expressions, and so much more. Being a woman fascinates my every waking moment and I am constantly studying and retraining my brain and my heart on top of all the time put into presentation. This is all by design though so that when i do finally come out to everyone and go full time it will be more like, its about time than "WOW didnt see that coming"

xoxo
Sandra

Kaz
03-19-2011, 07:35 PM
Vanessa,

Forget the list and just get engaged with the forum...

A lot of this is state of mind?

To Presh... I know where you are coming from, and you are right, but the implication is that these are female traits and (ipso facto) males don't do them. If that is your experience then this is unfortunate... these are things that are key to many males I know including me.

This gender difference thing really pulls out the prejudices!

Back to Vanessa, women are expected to do a lot... being a CD really brings this home. Doing what they are expected to do on a day to day basis is amazing. Total respect!

BRANDYJ
03-19-2011, 07:58 PM
:eek:
Nothing on your list does a woman make. They are the trappings of what some might see as feminine emulation. My wife in particular would take particular exception that her femininity would be defined by anything on your list.
Being a woman has more to do with what is in your heart. No lipstick (or anything else on the list for that matter) is required.
Nicely said Presh.

You are so right. All of these things do not make a woman. To me, the most beautiful breathtaking thing God gave us to look at is the female form. When you can stand or lay down and look beautiful like a woman can without any of the listed items, then... and only then will you come close to the gift of beauty that women have. Unfortunately, us crossdressers need most of what's on the list. Forget that v-string vagina Yuk! We can only dream and think we are women in some sense of the word. I for one cherish that feeling from time to time. Women have much softer skin with smaller pores that makes it feel so good as well as look so good. She is blessed with curves in all the right places. Even her neck line is better looking then a males. Not to mention the gentle curve of her hips and thighs flowing from her waist.

Yep, when God created man...SHE was only joking. Her masterpiece is the feminine form that is all woman.

ReineD
03-19-2011, 08:20 PM
I'll take your list and modify it slightly for myself. :)

These are the things that I, as a GG, need to do in order to conform to society's expectations of what a [take your pick: beautiful/femimine/well-put-together] woman looks like:

1) [-]human hair wig[/-] Styling my long hair every time I wash it.
2)foundation
3) bronzer
4) eye shadow
5)[-]false eyelashes[/-] mascara
6) eyeliner
7) lipstick
8) earrings
9) bra
10) blouse
11) [-]silicone breast forms[/-] push up bra (for some of us)
12) [-]silicone breast form adhesives[/-] This is the first of your two item we don't need.
13) panties
14) skirt
15) pantyhose
16) [-]fake fingernails[/-] manicured nails
17) fingernail polish
18) toes painted
19) necklace
20) bracelet
21) several rings
22) high heels
23) purse
24) shaved [-]everywhere but the head[/-] legs and arm pits
25) [-]v-string vagina[/-] This is the second of your two items we don't need

Amazing how many things it takes to be [-]complete[/-] beautiful according to societal standards :). I may have even left a few out.

See? our lists aren't much different! :p

I just want to say that I did this all in fun and not to mock anyone. But I was corresponding with a forum member yesterday, and I found myself wishing we lived in a society that recognized women for being beautiful just as they are, even as they age and put on a few pounds. For example, all the models in the catalogues would be of average weight, not be made up, nor would their pics be airbrushed. :daydreaming: So, your post is timely! :)

dawnmarrie1961
03-19-2011, 09:18 PM
Vanessa,
Your list looks like the contents of the ACME" Build A Woman Kit." (Patent pending, of course."
I would lose the V-String Vagina because, unless they've improved their design, it is very uncomfortable to wear. I know from experience. OUCH!:eek:
Just my opinion: You really don't need all that stuff. I don't wear make-up all the time. I don't wear panty-hose. I try to get away without wearing a bra as much as possible.(You will understand why after you've had to wear one for a while.)
If this is just for fun then go for it but if you are really trying to improve yourself I would recommend starting from the inside first, the mind and the spirit. The rest will take care of itself.

Presh GG
03-19-2011, 09:58 PM
Wow Kaz

I didn't see anything prejudiced in my responce, I know alot of men [ am I allowed to use that word ?] I was just speaking in fun as I thought the thread was just that, FUN.

Dawn Marrie,
Cute ! And oh so true !

We all as humans have a spirit, right Kaz ? If you want us GGs to go away ,[ or just me, just say so.

As always, Thanks Brandy.

Presh

MaryAnn40c
03-20-2011, 01:17 AM
I never realized how many additional things I need to be a woman:

1) human hair wig
2)foundation
3) bronzer
4) eye shadow
5)false eyelashes
6) eyeliner
7) lipstick
8) earrings
9) bra
10) blouse
11) silicone breast forms
12) silicone breast form adhesives
13) panties
14) skirt
15) pantyhose
16) fake fingernails
17) fingernail polish
18) toes painted
19) necklace
20) bracelet
21) several rings
22) high heels
23) purse
25) v-string vagina

Amazing how many things it takes to be complete, I may have even left a few out.

Yes and I love every part of your list!

Rianna Humble
03-20-2011, 02:19 AM
I'll take your list and modify it slightly for myself. :)

These are the things that I, as a GG, need to do in order to conform to society's expectations of what a [take your pick: beautiful/femimine/well-put-together] woman looks like:
manicured nails

I'll agree with you that the look of manicured nails might be down to societal conditioning, but IMNSHO the manicure itself is pure joy. I started yesterday with a manicure and it put me in a good mood for the rest of the day. The pampering, the exfoliating wash by someone else and the massage were worth it even before we came to the expert application of the nail polish.

I was corresponding with a forum member yesterday, and I found myself wishing we lived in a society that recognized women for being beautiful just as they are, even as they age and put on a few pounds. For example, all the models in the catalogues would be of average weight, not be made up, nor would their pics be airbrushed. :daydreaming:

I would rephrase that slightly, I wish that we lived in a world that knew the difference between beauty and comeliness. You cannot apply beauty, only comeliness. Beautiful people come in all different shapes and sizes and some are downright plain to look at, but their true beauty shines like a beacon in the night.

Society pushes forward with the stereotype of comeliness having a flawless complexion, thickened eyelashes, sensuous mouth, never being above a certain weight ... and then tries to persuade us that this has something to do with beauty - the two are totally unrelated, because IMO beauty can only come from what is inside you.

ReineD
03-20-2011, 02:55 AM
Society pushes forward with the stereotype of comeliness having a flawless complexion, thickened eyelashes, sensuous mouth, never being above a certain weight ... and then tries to persuade us that this has something to do with beauty - the two are totally unrelated, because IMO beauty can only come from what is inside you.

Yes!!

Unfortunately, the barrage of images thrown at us daily that represent ideal feminine beauty are so powerful, they attract people like moths to a flame. They attract the men through their sex drive, which makes the women feel they must conform just to compete. It's a vicious circle. The women conform, they receive validation from the men for conforming, which conditions them to want to continue 'enhancing' their exterior appearance.

There are so many negative sides to having these false ideals: of course not everyone, but some young women become anorexic or bulimic, others develop poor self esteem, and some women become detached from their sexuality, almost as if they've given up. How many women have I heard say they HATE to shop for bathing suits. Or they feel foolish wearing sexy lingerie because they don't look like the VS models. It's all very, very sad.

But ... there are women who simply won't buy into it though. These are the women at the malls who dress purely for comfort and who don't wear makeup, because their priorities are elsewhere than on enhancing their looks. Unfortunately, these women aren't admired very much here. :p

You know ... I've often read forum members ask why don't contemporary women pay as much attention to their looks daily, as they did during the 50s, like the image of June Cleaver. I wonder if this is because the vast majority of women then were dependent on men financially for their livelihood. This is simply not the case anymore. Just a random thought.

Edit
My apologies to Vanessa for getting kinda heavy. I'll lighten up now .... :)

Angiemead12
03-20-2011, 03:11 AM
dont forget a killer personality and confidence. all the pretty things don't mean anything if you cant carry yourself properly.

2SpeedTranny
03-20-2011, 02:19 PM
Don't forget XX chromosomes, ovaries, uterus... skeletal structure....

Haley Heather
03-20-2011, 02:23 PM
Maybe a little off topic but this thread got me thinking, are souls asexual or can they be male or female?

dawnmarrie1961
03-20-2011, 04:28 PM
Maybe a little off topic but this thread got me thinking, are souls asexual or can they be male or female?

I have to be careful with answering this one, Haley.
The soul, or spirit, is neither male nor female. It is not asexual either. It can not be defined by the earthly terms that we define sexuality. therefore the best answer for this question would be that there is no answer.

JohnH
03-20-2011, 05:20 PM
Changes as I see it - I like to minimize the use of artificial items that I feel that are not needed

1)[-] human hair wig [/-] - instead grow the hair out. Unlike the 1950's you can have a hair style that serves for both male and female modes.
2)foundation
3) bronzer
4) eye shadow
5)[-]false eyelashes[/-] Use mascara
6) eyeliner
7) lipstick
8) earrings
9) bra
10) blouse
11) [-]silicone breast forms[/-] Not needed if you have natural breasts as I have
12) [-]silicone breast form adhesives[/-] Same here
13) panties
14) skirt
15) pantyhose
16) [-]fake fingernails[/-] - instead use nail polish on slightly grown out nails
17) fingernail polish
18) toes painted
19) necklace
20) bracelet
21) several rings
22) high heels
23) purse
25)[-] v-string vagina[/-] - Not needed

Johanna