PDA

View Full Version : Would you advertise your status on your car tags

Sometimes Steffi
03-19-2011, 06:47 PM
In the past I see the following car Tags

SH MAYL
SAM CD

that could have been tip offs

I didn't get a good look at SH MAYL, except to not that a guy was driving.

SAM CD was driven by a very attractive and overdressed black woman. However, if she was a CD, I didn't read her. A lot of Black women dress very stylishly as opposed to White women whi usually don't, except when they're wearing the business uniform.

So, does anyone have car tags that match their lifestyle?

celeste26
03-19-2011, 07:31 PM
nope sorry just dont keep notices like that on my car, no bumper stickers either. Just plain and simple (yeah sure uh huh.)

donnatracey
03-19-2011, 07:58 PM
Why pay extra $$$ for a vanity plate?......:doh:

Haley Heather
03-19-2011, 07:59 PM

For the vanity.

:)

gretchen2
03-19-2011, 08:07 PM
No vanity plate, but I would do a Blue, Pink, and White colored licence plate holder.

Tina P Hose
03-19-2011, 08:16 PM
vanity plates a waste of money

kristinacd55
03-19-2011, 08:45 PM
Ummm...think i'll be somewhat anonymous for now thank you :)

Persephone
03-20-2011, 03:55 AM
I've thought of a vanity plate from time to time and haven't done it. But my license plate frame reads "I wanna be Barbie, that doll has it all!" Does that count?

Hugs,
Persephone.

Vickie_CDTV
03-20-2011, 05:25 AM
The "CD" could have been her middle and last initial. I doubt anyone would advertise the fact that they were a CD on their license plate, for so many reasons.

Alberta_Pat
03-20-2011, 06:34 AM
The closest I would go would be a "rainbow flag".

SherriePall
03-20-2011, 06:55 AM
In Pennsylvania we don't need to spend the money on a vanity plate. All we need to do is make or buy one for the front of the car. Would I?

lilmissjenny
03-20-2011, 07:19 AM
no i dont have vanity plates. i already have 1 vehicle that sticks out and i dont need anything else on it to make it further stand out.

crossdrezzer1
03-20-2011, 08:01 AM
I once seen on ebay a bumper sticker that says I (heart) to crossdress............ its under the idea of a prank bumper sticker,,

Jocelyn Quivers
03-20-2011, 08:23 AM
No!! My car tags along like my car which has no stickers, sports teams etc. are very plain, boring, and conservative. In other words I try to bring as little attention to my "ride" as possible.

Cynthia Anne
03-20-2011, 12:06 PM
Don't have! But like the idea! My plate frame says :Happiness is being single:!

Josie M
03-20-2011, 12:08 PM
Better question, why pay extra for a license plate that is easy to remember?

tamarav
03-20-2011, 12:17 PM
For the past 25 years my license plate holder has "It takes balls to wear a dress" engraved on it. I do get a lot of chuckles in the rear view mirror, but I rarely wear a dress.

Amy Lynn3
03-20-2011, 12:21 PM
I can hear it now, as it comes over the loud speakers, along about the second inning of the baseball game...."WOULD BOB THE CDer" move your car from the Handicapped space.

Stephanie47
03-20-2011, 12:27 PM
Why stop with a vanity plate or license plate holder? Go get that pink Cadillac. In my neck of the woods DMV finally issued a plate with HOOKER on it. The plate had to assigned to a very commercial looking/logo adorned truck for a chemical company. Then, again the same DMV issued a plate for a vehicle driven by a very attractive young woman- IMEASY. Go figure!

Cheryl T
03-20-2011, 03:45 PM

For sure...that's worth a nice skirt or a cute pair of heels....

Loni
03-20-2011, 03:48 PM
why should the state get MORE of my cash. the reg cost are way to high now.
and i do not even place window stickers on my truck/car as why should i advertise to a cop, or crook of what might be in said auto...or at home.

as for a flag on the glass (to Alberta_Pat) how about one of these flags, one is a trans gendered flag, and the other a inter-sexual flag.

LitaKelley
03-20-2011, 04:13 PM
I have vanity plates on both my truck and bike, but not related to this, but one of my hobbies

Jannine
03-20-2011, 04:41 PM
Hey Steph,
Here in Aus. message plates command big dollars on resale, so I wouldnt call that a waste of money. Even American plates sell like hot cakes at swap meets. Dunno why. But you can buy yours far cheaper than we can here, and when you're tired of it, sell it on ebay.

Jannine.X

Eryn
03-20-2011, 04:52 PM
Nope, don't think that I would put a sticker on my car that relates to anything other than the car itself.

A lot of people use "CD" without ever thinking of crossdressing: Compact Disc, Certificate of Deposit, Corps Diplomatique, etc.

Alice Torn
03-20-2011, 06:42 PM
Littlemissjenny, Dittos!

Tomara
03-21-2011, 10:19 AM
I have a little different way of thinking on this ,
I do have a vanity plate on my business vehicles and also on my motorcycle , both are non cross-dressing related , but I have seriously thought of changing the one on my Harley to something that is related to my cross-dressing , Maybe "ICD" or "CDER" , my thoughts are that those letters could mean anything under the sun to most people and the ones that stop to think , I wonder if that means that he is a ............ , well who really cares !!
So keep your eyes peeled for a black Harley with a vanity plate , you never know who will be riding it !!
LOL ,
Tomara

JohnH
03-21-2011, 11:02 AM
No I wouldn't even if there were no premium for vanity tags. I wish the idea of men wear clothing customarily worn only by women would be widely accepted.

John

RenneB
03-21-2011, 11:03 AM
I'd love to have something that would covertly identify me as being CDer. I'm not sure if I want it on my car. If word gets out that that is what it means, then the gig is up. If would be nice if this site started something and then we could wear a pin of sorts. The pin would be inocuous like a an american flag, but this site would identify just how or where to wear it. Then if we had a greeting like, "do you have any cd's I can barrow" that would confirm the pin type/location as you being a CDer....

Then again, I rather just go totally fem and not have to worry about being a CDer in non-comfy clothes....

Renne...

5150 Girl
03-21-2011, 11:30 AM

Yea, them things are pricey! How about a nice inexpensive bumper sticker?