PDA

View Full Version : How not to crossdress

ronna
09-24-2005, 05:05 PM
Take my word for it, girls, don't do this. It is stressful and thoroughly ungratifying. But I do it anyway.

I get up in the morning and shower, then when the house is empty, I spend about an hour making up and getting dressed in my outfit of choice, primp in the mirror for a short while, take a few pictures of myself using my tripod and self-timer, for my photo album (which I cherish during those times when I can't dress).

Then I get undressed and hurriedly put everthing back into the gym bag that Ronna lives out of, spend about another hour removing makeup, cleaning up, launder a few undergarments, hang them up to dry in the attic, take another shower, usually get some cold cream in my eye and can't see clearly for the rest of the day, try to get the perfume and deodorant off, get dressed for work, and it's all over. Two hours or under.

Such is the life of a closet crossdresser, someday I hope to have a whole day to myself when I can try on all my outfits at leisure, without breaking a sweat, try on some of my new garments that I haven't worn yet, not worry about somebody coming home early or knocking at the door (although I would answer it for fun), and enjoy my time as Ronna for more than a fleeting moment.

Then I look back at my pictures and think about what I will wear the next time.

Trust me, this is not the way to do this. But I still do!

Julie York
09-24-2005, 05:14 PM
LOL
I was explaining to someone today why I dont have any photos of me smiling en femme. I sort of said that it is because I am usually having a heart attack at the same time.

:D

I know what you mean.

Kath
09-24-2005, 05:17 PM
Ronna, don't feel bad for some of us that is the only way we can dress. Kath lives out of a plastic container, the kind you store
christmas stuff in. The opportunity presents itself and the mood willing you go for it. Today I will take two showers about 2 hours apart for the same reason you do.

But here I am dressed because it just feels good!

Carry on and hugs, Kath

ronna
09-24-2005, 05:21 PM
No kidding, Julie!
It is hard to smile at an inanimate camera mounted to a tripod when there's nobody around and you're really nervous and there's really nothing funny!

What would be fun is to have somebody take some pictures for you, somebody who you would be comfortable with as Julie. Like me?

And, Kath, thanks for your consolation, it is a tough way to live, but worth it!

DonnaT
09-24-2005, 05:33 PM
Note that using white vinegar while showering will remove the perfume's aroma. Your regular soap will wash off the vinegar.

Sandra H
09-24-2005, 05:51 PM
Hi girls.

It takes me back 22 years when I kept my few girly things in two plastic carrier bags in the garage. I had to change in the garage in the dark. I dread to think how many spiders have been in my panties at the same time as me. :eek: All that for a few moments driving around our local town in the dead of night. :D

Now I am so luck as I live alone I can leave my cloths I am going to put on when I return home on the bed. I put my pantyhose in the bathroom to dry just like a GG would and walk about dressed just when I want to and for as ling as I want.

Melissa_cd05
09-24-2005, 07:26 PM
Ronna, I can empathise with you hun. Melissa only ever emerges for short, hurried periods too. I'd LOVE to be able to dress and relax and just sit about or go out or whatever I wanted, but since I'm still in the closet, have 3 children (2 teens with boyfriend/girlfriend who are constantly visiting!) and live in a relatively small community, I just have to make do. Just like lots of other girls I imagine!

Hugs,
Melissa

HaleyPink2000
09-24-2005, 07:39 PM
Ok as for perfume. I buy what I want, and put it on my side of the bathroom sink. With all the perfume on the same side of the sink. She can finally find what she wants. LOL... In the morning if anyone at work says anything I just tell them " It's a morning thing I can't discuss ". They always think its an after being in the same bed thing.

As for makeup i buy my own. It stays either in my purse or on my side of the sink. I don't use hers nor does she use mine.

Femme clothes take up about a 1/4 of my side of the closet. She can see what I buy and she knows what I wear. My dresser has 4 drawers, 3 are femme clothing. one for bras and breast forms. Another for Panties and garters. One for wigs, hose and misc items. Hair bows etc.

Wild thing is She don't like me going to TriEss meetings. Wierd HUH?
I leave in drab and come home in drab.

Women are so one way one moment and so the other the next.

As many of you have read my wife did freek when I asked her to go to a TriEss Halloween party. She knows I dress, whats the big deal? Any way I guess some day She might join this forum , at least I'm hoping.

As for closet dressing I used to do that. But I just started one item of clothing at a time integrating them into my closet and her asking about them. I'd shrug my shoulders and say they are mine, I wear when your not home. She'd not say anything for a while but would get pissy about them hanging in the closet. I'd say things like " Hun, I live here to" but in a nice tone. She'd stay mad for a bit and life would go on. The last time she got mad was when the question about the TriEss Halloween party came up. Asked the dumb question of if I was gay. And all the other things they ask during those times. Cried most of the night. I held her and you know what? Life goes on. I did stop dressing around her for about 10 days. Then the other night I did dress for bed and she held me all night. What’s up with that, HUH?

There is no telling what is going to happen I believe. Each day is different from the last. As for wives each moment is different from the last. Sorry Tamara and the other GG's just an observation. It's just for me and so many other CD's a guessing game as to what mood they are in. You know what? I don't guess very well. LOL I'm like in the last with the 3 and 2 pitch coming. Ok what is the pitch going to be, HUH?

Gawd, if anyone on here has the answers let the rest of us know so we can be ready, LOLOL.

Oh and Karren, Emily says Hi. LOL

Haley:)

Julie
09-24-2005, 08:17 PM
Oh Ronna, you poor baby! I feel for you from the bottom of my heart. When I read your post I remembered doing much the same thing. When I got laid off I'd intentionally take more time off just so I could do exactly what you described. It sucked but it was wonderful too! And it was almost enough to get me through to the next time I had that chance. The life we live!

Many times I've said I wouldn't wish this life on my worst enemy. Some day maybe the general public will see just how strong we are for living the lives we do.

Keep your chin up Hon! Life will get better! It did for me and it will for you. Just keep your eye on the ball - and I'm talking about the transgender ball with you in a fab gown looking marvelous! :thumbsup:

Angela Burke
09-24-2005, 08:49 PM
Ronna,
It's called "The punishment of luxury!"

Love Angela XX

cindybarnes
09-24-2005, 09:09 PM
Ronna, your not alone with the quick dressing,get pics,check all the mirror's ,then clean up routine.
Im one of the lucky ones that can dress at home when I like,, daughter grown and my SO doesnt seem to notice what I wear anymore :)
But I cant count the times I have dressed up on a day off, maybe try a new outfit,, get some pics, then start feeling guilty about all the other things I know I need to do, often outside stuff, or things I just cant do dressed.
Another fast pic session (always hoping for that lucky shot ya know) then clean up and hang up all the clothes I pulled out while deciding what to wear.
Seems like a lot of work for a hour or so but I still do it too :)
I have also found if I can do some needed things around the house ,cleaning, small repairs etc.that I can be dressed casualy all day with no complaints.Great way to spend a rainy weekend *S*

Cindy

Marla GG
09-25-2005, 12:05 AM
It takes me back 22 years when I kept my few girly things in two plastic carrier bags in the garage. I had to change in the garage in the dark. I dread to think how many spiders have been in my panties at the same time as me.

AAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!! :eek:

I hate sp- sp- sp-

Ugh, I cannot even say that word.

I am going to have nightmares tonight.

All I can say is, you must have REALLY wanted to wear those panties!

*shudder*

uknowhoo
09-25-2005, 12:24 PM
WOW, Ronna ! Two hours! Aren't you a (relatively) lucky girl.

I'm usually able to grab 15 min here, a half an hour there. I do get 2 uninterrupted hours (or possibly a bit more) now and then, but not regularly.

I'd probably be alot further behind on the stuff I have to do though, if I were able to dress however often/long as I'd like.

Perhaps at some other point in my life I'll be able to indulge my dressing a bit more (I hope). But for now I'll just enjoy the being an occasional half hour girl!

Julie York
09-25-2005, 01:15 PM
Note that using white vinegar while showering will remove the perfume's aroma. Your regular soap will wash off the vinegar.

G:.....(sniff)...(sniff).......OMG! You've been seeing her down the chip shop again!!

Vallari
09-25-2005, 08:03 PM
I have more time to be en-femme now, but I used to live out of a plastic container in my car's trunk. I know how you feel about only having an hour or less sometimes. Usually if I really wanna be in something femme when time isn't on my side, I just put on some panties or some kind of underthingy.

One word of advice - if you work in a warehouse DO NOT wear panties to work!!
One time I was getting off a forklift and one of the elastic bands on one of my bikini-style panties got snagged on a metal edge and snapped me hard on the bum. :o My supervisor looked at me goofy when heard the snap and saw my eyes watering... :eek: