PDA

View Full Version : Transgeneration

Marissa_njts
09-24-2005, 05:16 PM
For all girls who are interested, there is a link that shows the first full episode of transgeneration. For those of us who don't have the Sundance channel, here is your chance to see the much talked about show. It was certainly worth watching.

http://www.planetout.com/video/article.html?id=350&navpath=/entertainment/popcornq/

Vallari
09-24-2005, 08:21 PM
It's nice to see something like this, especially for people around my age. I know they had a public viewing of it at some theatre here in Austin, but I couldn't attend it. I'm definitely going to try and watch the other episodes of this.

MandyTS
09-24-2005, 08:45 PM
Yes agreed, at 23 years old just out of college it was a very good hint at what it would be like. What is funny is all those things that I would consider tough to learn (like how to socially interact, etc) are all part of this film, very good.

What is sad is that is how "I" see myself, but have never been able to achieve. I am more of a girl on the inside instead of a guy, but at this point in my life I could never go though that right now.

Marissa_njts
09-24-2005, 08:56 PM
What was amazing to me was to see how easy they fit into society. I am sure confidence and their appearance helps, but I am so envious of how they are accepted in their environment living the gender they feel inside. It makes you wish you could start over again and live the life you were truly destined to live. What alternatives do we have now, when we have careers, marriages, and responsibilities that take presidence. Just wish I knew more about my disorder back then and understood just how many people experience this turmoil. Back in High School and Middle School, before the internet, I honestly felt like I was the only one. Now, the resources available cater to the young and confused.

Vaerise
09-25-2005, 12:05 AM
I think they go through alot more than what we see on the video, its really brave to live like that.