PDA

View Full Version : The need for clothes to feel feminine

Sue101
03-21-2011, 05:30 AM
I was chatting to lady friends yesterday who dont know about me. The subject got around to fashion so I put in the standard crossdressers lament about the lack of dresses and skirts. One comment from my friend caught my attention. She said that she spent all her time is slacks and sweaters and did not feel feminine anymore. She even worried that her dress sense made her less attractive to men. She said she only felt feminine when she dressed up to the nines and put on the dress and heels.

I realized that although my female friends obviously do not attach the same symbolic meaning to dresses that I do, the end effect is still similar - using a stylized feminine look to feel feminine inside. Clothes really are mighty tools! It is funny to think that there are women out there who use the same trick crossdressers do to glow in that magical feminine aura.

The world works in funny ways.

Cynthia Anne
03-21-2011, 05:44 AM
How true! But I think you should of told her, that's the only way you can feel feminine! Hugs!

Stephanie47
03-21-2011, 11:27 AM
There are a lot of women who need an 'Ambush Makeover." Feeling feminine is a frame of mind. I see women who are extremely feminine looking in slacks and top and heels. Hair care and makeup go along with the clothing. When I get dragged to the mall by my wife, many times I end up sitting and waiting and waiting and waiting some more. I watch people. The very feminine looking women are aware of their sexuality and are confident. Femininity is in the look and the walk, too.

Your friend needs to get to the mall and do some serious browsing. She needs to do it with makeup on and hair styled. Trying on that dress and twirling in the mirror will let her know if it makes her feel feminine.

For me, if I could not wear a dress I would not be a cross-dresser. My mind set is probably from watching too many episodes of Leave It to Beaver, Ozzie and Harriet, etc, when women only wore dresses. Loved those sweeping hemlines and petticoats underneath.

sometimes_miss
03-23-2011, 09:20 AM
If I had female breasts, a female figure, and female genitals, I would not need female clothing to feel feminine. Ahhh, back to reality.

kimdl93
03-23-2011, 01:31 PM
The women I know do enjoy the opportunities to get all dressed up and look their feminine best. Just like us. It doesn't mean that women Must dress to feel feminine, any more than one of us must dress to feel feminine, but the right outfit certainly brings it out!