PDA

View Full Version : How would it have affected you?

suzy1
03-21-2011, 11:37 AM
It was my daughters wedding this weekend. In the evening I joined all the other guests for the party.
There must have been at least 25 girls there in party dresses.
So how did it affect me?
How would it have affected you?
Well, there were at least 6 dresses there that I would die for!
I have to have them.
Ebay, here I come again.

SUZY

Anne2345
03-21-2011, 11:47 AM
Hi Suzy! Congratulations on your daughter marrying. You must be very excited for her!

And great question! I have to admit, it would affect me the same way, too. It's funny that if my wife notices I am spending perhaps a little too much time "checking out" another woman, she'll say "you want that dress, don't you!" Lol. Busted!

il.dso
03-21-2011, 11:56 AM
Yes it's always a real challenge seeing those dresses that you would love to wear.
I spend so much time fantasizing about wearing that dress and wondering about
what panties, pantyhose, slip and shoes I would wear to make the outfit
just exactly perfect!

Persephone
03-21-2011, 11:57 AM
Congratulations to you and your family!

Oh yeah, do I understand that feeling! Drives me nuts!

rachaelsloane
03-21-2011, 01:38 PM
Suzy,
First congrats on the wedding. Yes, I do check out the girl. but the majority of the time time it is her outfit that has attracted me and then it is time to go shopping again.
Always,
Rachael

sissystephanie
03-21-2011, 01:46 PM
Along with all the other replies, congratulations on finding the right man for your daughter! Not that you really did, but it sounds good. My daughter got married for the second time last September, and I did check out a lot of female clothes!! Did see a couple of real nice skirts that are now in my closet!

Stephanie47
03-21-2011, 03:17 PM
Yep, just about everywhere I go I see lovely dresses I wish I had. I could go broke. The best sales person for a dress is the woman wearing one at the mall or passing me on the street. Holding one up on a hanger in a store does not do justice to a pretty dress. When I am at a wedding and see great looking young women wearing gowns and party dresses, I wish I was young again and had the confidence and slender figure to buy them. I do have two floor length evening gowns in the closet-one in pink and the other in a light blue. Dream on girl, dream on!

Cynthia Anne
03-21-2011, 04:17 PM
Even if I was dressed in my best I would have felt under-dressed! There I go, another shopping trip!

docrobbysherry
03-21-2011, 08:04 PM
I kept thinking, "If Sherry were one of the bridesmaids, she would have looked the HOTTEST!" :D

However, the wedding was about my DAUGHTER not about her dad in a dress! :o
So, I got over it REAL QUICK! Taking lots of pics was a helpful distraction!:thumbsup:

HK SPICY GIRL
03-22-2011, 01:22 AM
I understand your feeling , but honestly will those dresses fit your size , will they be looked good and atractive when you ware it ???
So after you cool down , you will give up that idea.. OK!!!!
I also have the same experience , after I brought a dress home , I found impossible to put it on !!!!!! See the pic.... To my standard it does not look good at all !!! I might need to lose another 10 lb. to fit this dress ???? No way !!!!

Kathy4ever
03-22-2011, 05:14 AM
Congratulations. Yes Im envious and desire some of the dresses that I see at a wedding. We are stuck in suite that is uncomfotable and totally boring. Yea we might get to dress it up with a snazy tie, but I hate that tied up feeling. Give me a pretty purple sleeveless dress and a pretty hi heel open toe shoe anyday and I would be in heaven.

erickka
03-22-2011, 05:30 AM
Congrats, Suzy. I can relate to your situation. I too would be envious of some of the dresses that they have. Actually, I get a lot of my wardrobe ideas from casually checking out other women.

Jannine
03-22-2011, 06:10 AM
HAHAHAHA Suzie!!

You got it bad, girl!!

Jannine.XX

Amanda Stubbs
03-22-2011, 07:11 AM
Hi Suzy ! I'm glad it all went so well and very happy for your daughter.
Yes I do understand how you felt with all those lovely dresses and you having to be 'bob' ! Let me add another cruel twist ! I was recently at a family wedding and my girlfriend wore one of my dresses, a red one I really love myself, I was in agony ! AND ! of course it looked a million times better on her !

BLUE ORCHID
03-22-2011, 07:41 AM
Hi Suzy, I'm so happy for you and your daughter. We have married off two daughters what a great feeling to see your girls get married.
As for seeing all the lovely dresses (been there and done that).

Orchid

carhill2mn
03-22-2011, 02:12 PM
Hi Suzy, I would have been affected just like you; ie., jealous! I have been on a few cruises and saw many women wearing dresses on "dress up" night that I would have loved to be wearing (and I think that I would have looked better than most of them - giggle)!

kimdl93
03-22-2011, 02:15 PM
absolutely, congratulations on the marriage of your daughter. I would have been churning up with envy, visualizing myself in any one of those party dresses.