PDA

View Full Version : Got my first 'scrips today!

DonnaLynn77
03-21-2011, 04:32 PM
I haven't posted anything on here for a while... yeah, I lurk haha.

Anyway, tons have been happening with me - the usual that you hear around here (therapy, inner journeys, dealing with family and loved ones, laser, electrolysis, not lifting anything heavy haha, buying a new wardrobe, overanalyzing everything, being cautious, reevaluating my life goals, moving halfway across the country, reconnecting with my kids and finally going to the doctor!) ok maybe some of those aren't the typical ones but you get the idea.

Anyway, I finally saw the doctor today and he started me on spiro & finesteride! yay!! I go back in a month to check my levels and start estrogen. :D

So happy!

I will try to share more, but well... yeah I'm a chronic lurker haha.

xo,
Donna

StaceyJane
03-21-2011, 04:54 PM
Thats so great!
I started on spiro for a month before my doc started me on estrogen. She wanted to make sure my BP was okay.

Melody Moore
03-21-2011, 05:23 PM
Congratulations on having the courage to take the first steps to confirming your true gender identity :hugs:

DonnaLynn77
03-22-2011, 11:38 AM
Thanks so much. :) It has been a long time coming and am happy to be taking this next step to congruence.
Yesterday was the first day of spring too, so it felt like a new beginning on a couple levels.

It's nice to come in here and read about everyone else that is on a similar path, and not feel so disconnected from reality haha. I do listen to a lot of the, ahem, discourse on here and find myself wanting to chime in from time to time but don't.

I'm going to try to be a little more active here if possible.

Cheers,
Donna

Helen Grandeis
03-22-2011, 08:27 PM
What a Lovely Picture! Soon you will have even more joy!