PDA

View Full Version : it's been a while, but nice to be back

sophieuk
09-24-2005, 06:43 PM
Hi all. Ive been working away so could not get to this site. Hope evey one is ok and having fun. Halloween soon, dress up time. Some thing very good happened a few weeks ago. I do magic shows and was asked to dos some thing different, so, i did my " kate buch impression" Kates a well known singer in uk. It went down a storm. Had the voice and every thing. Did not mime. Really sang. When i get the video through, i will take photos off and post them here. love sophieuk X

Lauren_T
09-24-2005, 07:30 PM
Well, hi yourself and welcome back, eh?

So you do a Kate Bush routine? Hmmm. OK, we'll look at what ya got... but be advised, I do hope it's respectful, I can't bear it when people make light of her... :Pullhair:

So which songs did you do, hmm? :confused:

Julie York
09-25-2005, 07:23 AM
Hi. Welcome back!

Kate Bush! Wow! What octave did you sing it in? Yours or hers? :D

DonnaT
09-25-2005, 08:14 AM
Welcome back Sophie!

Wendy me
09-25-2005, 08:34 AM
good to see you stop in ....

Angela Burke
09-25-2005, 10:24 AM
Hi Sophie.
Kate Buch?
Kate Bush?
Kate Butch?

Love Angela XX

Lauren_T
09-25-2005, 10:54 AM
Hi Sophie.
Kate Buch?
Kate Bush?
Kate Butch?

Love Angela XXMost people don't know this but Kate Butch is Kate Bush's Lesbian sister... :joke:

Angela Burke
09-25-2005, 11:16 AM
Most people don't know this but Kate Butch is Kate Bush's Lesbian sister... :joke:
And she's such a sweetie!

Love Angela XX

sophieuk
09-25-2005, 06:07 PM
Hi.
I must point out, some thing said about. When i was young, about five, i was playied a record, top of the pops, 1979 ( some thing like that, this have it) one of the songs was kate bush, whuwithring heights( ok, spelling is not my strong point). Well, i fell in love with the song and also the singer, kate bush. i have all her work on cd. So, when i got asked to do this little set at this art/ comedy week end, i said yes. i was going to pull out, right till the last minute, when the main guy in charge cam in the dressing room to see if i was ready, took one look at me and said wow, your not gong on.... jsut as i thought i had got out of it, he carried on saying " till i have the video camera runnning. I was told after wards that many of the people who watched it, where big fans of kate and were worried when it was told that the singer is a guy. But, they all loved it, even joing in the singing, which was lucky as my voice was going abit. they have asked me back next year, to do more songs. By the way, what does " What OCTAVE did you sing it in". To tell you the truth. I bloody loved it. ~The singing, dressing in front of a crowd. I was really worried but after wards, wanted to do more. one guy did come up after, as i was dressed up and asked if i wanted a drink. Poor guy when i said, ok, in a male voice. Still, nice guy, chatted for ages. Turns out he knows kate and will tell her all about it. I sang BABOOSKA. Photos etc when i get dvd of the night.

Love sophie uk