PDA

View Full Version : Want to go out dressed second time but scared

LIKETODRESS2
03-21-2011, 09:49 PM
I been dressing since i was around 15. I have only been out one time dressed that was halloween 2009 and i loved it. FOr some reason i am peterfied tryng it again. I can go to the salon adn get my toes done go shopping as a guy and buy stuff from VS vanty and Mauracies but for some reason I an not sure if i can do it. Its a drag show out of town. I \guss what i am worried about the most is will i pass. I am scared what the other gilrs will say to me if I do not pass. Will they turn on me be mean to me say mean things to me. I feel I am ok in the makeup part but not all they way yet. I dont have any breast forms so it would be sock or something to take the place. Any one got any advice for me. And i dont want to go not dressed up

Phoebe P.
03-21-2011, 10:01 PM
If you do, you certainly have more courage than I do at the moment! If you do, you're my hero! Keep us posted and post pictures! I would think women would be supportive. If you mean the other gurls, I wouldn't worry. I'm sure they've been there. Look into making your own forms instead of socks. They're better, but not silicone (which I don't have yet). If it's a drag show, I wouldn't think it would matter.

LIKETODRESS2
03-21-2011, 10:06 PM
Other girls I ment others who are crossdressed also. I am sure there will genic gilrs as well

Amelia
03-21-2011, 10:11 PM
I'm sure you wouldn't have a problem even if you went without breast forms. In that type of environment you will see a wide variety of people, most of whom have been in our position before. I'm sure you'll find them supportive.

Phoebe P.
03-21-2011, 10:19 PM
I would think you would be among kindred spirits and wouldn't worry about it. I'm sure you can get some tips and advice.

Fran Moore
03-21-2011, 10:26 PM
Time to put on your "big girl" panties, and go out and enjoy it. Head high, eyes forward and above all.....SMILE. Women come in all shapes and sizes, as do drag queens and crossdressers. Nobody really cares much about how you look, but you. Have fun, be happy.

Suzanne

LIKETODRESS2
03-21-2011, 11:20 PM
Time to put on your "big girl" panties, and go out and enjoy it. Head high, eyes forward and above all.....SMILE. Women come in all shapes and sizes, as do drag queens and crossdressers. Nobody really cares much about how you look, but you. Have fun, be happy.

Suzanne
I guss that is one way to look at it

Cynthia Anne
03-21-2011, 11:35 PM

Suzanne

There is some good advice! Take it and be happy! I don't pass! But I'm always out dressed!

carhill2mn
03-22-2011, 02:07 PM
I doubt very much that anyone (especially other CDs) would say anything negative to you at a drag show. After all, it is a "drag show". Dress nicely but not too much, do a nice job on your makeup, do not act like you are nervous or sneak around, and SMILE!

marissa_sissy
03-22-2011, 02:11 PM
It is tough. I have only been out once en femme, and loved it. I live in Edmonton, where there are not a lot of people who want or enjoy seeing cd's who are barely passable walking around, and shopping, etc. I dress in lingerie under my clothes and shop with painted nails, and stuff like that. Its your world too.

kimdl93
03-22-2011, 02:13 PM
There are intermediate steps that you can take when you can't get out to a Drag club or similar venue. I like dressing somewhat androgynous in public. I'm probably not going to pass anyway or even blend convincingly, but still present some femininity by wearing a little mascara and lip color, earrings, maybe women's top or slacks. And I almost always wear heels when I go out, even though I'm not attempting to pass. Most people really don't seem to notice - although I did get a very perplexed look from a 30-something woman at Coldwater Creek the other day ;)

LIKETODRESS2
03-23-2011, 07:57 PM
I just found another girl going to the show and talked to her on facebook. SHe has pretty much said the same thing as everyone on here has said and she and all of you have helped a lot. SHe even gave me here cell phone and told me I could hang with her and her friends at the show if i wanted to. So i wnet from like 10 percent fo going all the way up to 99. I called a hotel and got a room reserved. I cnat wiat to go

Alice B
03-23-2011, 08:01 PM
You have nothing to be afraid about. I was the same way until I finally got the courage to go to a local CD/TS/Gay bar. Everyone was accepting and very friendly and passing or not is not an issue. If you are going to go to a drag show you will have no problem and will find that the GG's will be very friendly. Go for it and have fun.

Fran Moore
03-23-2011, 08:26 PM
Be sure to let us know how it turned out. The hardest step is the first one out the door!:)

Suzanne
I just found another girl going to the show and talked to her on facebook. SHe has pretty much said the same thing as everyone on here has said and she and all of you have helped a lot. SHe even gave me here cell phone and told me I could hang with her and her friends at the show if i wanted to. So i wnet from like 10 percent fo going all the way up to 99. I called a hotel and got a room reserved. I cnat wiat to go

Alice Torn
03-23-2011, 08:33 PM
I use tough, higher quality water balloons, as breasts! Works good! I am also very paranoid, and scared about going to any club!! I also hope to "just go" sometime, but be careful, and cautious, yet have fun.