PDA

View Full Version : Sad alone pics

erica12b
03-21-2011, 10:47 PM
Well im going to open myself up to some mud slinging ,but I want to say this I am on yahoo group and I like to look as some of the more risky pic’s as a cd I am in the cd trans groups , but what I find so sad and I will not look at is the cd or trans girls that are alone in the pic’s, alone in some room, shades drawn , hiding , I do not judge what others do but I find that there are so many alone pics trying to reach out and find there inner girl
It makes me sad and feel even more alone myself, the ratio of alone pic is very high to the pics of a cd and friend or friends , the groups are mostly staged and re used millions of times , but the cd or trans girls alone are to me " a sad statement about who we are ". I like the group pic at conventions and outings and find them up lifting but there are never very many of them , and even hear we seldom see the gurls and wife or SO just the gurl alone , (even if the pic was blacked out for safety, would mean not alone) I find this sad and have so for a long time my two cents

Cynthia Anne
03-21-2011, 11:19 PM
Thanks for the warning! I like to surround myself with happiness! I will stay away from such places! Hugs!

Christy_M
03-21-2011, 11:26 PM
I resemble my fair share of those pictures. I have both pics of outings with other gurls and pics by myself. I use my pictures to relive my Christy time when I have to be in boy mode. I can't speak for others.

Chloe Renee
03-21-2011, 11:36 PM
I can see where your coming from. It is a sad reality that to many being CD or TS is a sentence of self imposed imprisonment.
In my life I take most of my pics after getting home from being out. While I'm out with my wife and or friends I ask them not to take pictures of me in public. I feel it draws attention that I really don't want. But you have given me food for thought to do the contrary.

Melissa Rose
03-21-2011, 11:51 PM
.....the cd or trans girls alone are to me "a sad statement about who we are ".
IMO, I actually think it is a statement about some segments of society. If everyone was accepting and tolerant, anyone, including trans individuals, could be who and what they are in public and without fear. It is fear that is keeping some cd and trans girls and boys at home. The fear comes from many places, and it is real and palatable. Until the fear is diminished, removed or conquered, the "alone" pictures is all that is available to those who do not have the resources, ability or courage to go out. Perhaps one day they will be able to get out there and those are pictures of their first steps towards that outcome. I would not look at them in sadness. I would look at them in happiness, as an expression of who they are and how they feel using the best means at their disposal.

If you want some pictures of t-girls out and about, take a look at my Flickr page. I and others are definitely not home alone.

AllieSF
03-22-2011, 12:44 AM
I understand your feelings, but when people post their pics, I believe that most of them only post pics of themselves with friends if they have that friend's permission to publicly post the pics. Since our lifestyle is on the fringe and not totally tolerated nor accepted by the general public, a lot of the friends do not want their own pics associated with a Tperson on the fringe of society. So, all that being said, I am not sure all the people you see alone in the pics are lonely. I only post alone pics and I am definitely not alone.

rachaelsloane
03-22-2011, 01:42 PM
Erica,
I posted pictures (alone) the other day and the thought that I was sad never crossed my mind. Since joining this forum, I find that the support and encouragement everyone gives allows me/us to feel better about sharing whether it be by pictures or going out alone or in a group. As a girl that has not gone out yet, I added two questions " Do we post pictures to share?" or "Post as encouragement to go out" and I now believe the answer is as encouragement to go out.
Rachael

suzy1
03-22-2011, 01:54 PM
We who dress on our own are not all lonely or sad Erica.
I would not have it any other way. I do have a friend I spend the odd evening with as Suzy.
But other than that I am a very happy loner.

Love, SUZY

suzy
03-22-2011, 02:14 PM
Erica,

As most have indicated, I don't accept the theory that those who post are lonely. It my be the case for some but I don't think it is with the majority. My wife takes all of my pictures and we have a lot of fun together, but why would I want to have her picture posted here? Not only that but it is so much more fun to have her operating the camera rather than trying to use the self timer thingy! Hugs!

kimdl93
03-22-2011, 02:19 PM
I am sure there are a fair number of us who experience sometimes long periods of social isolation...down right loneliness for the lack of having someone to share with. that's probably true for non-TG people too and its always sad. The posting and social media are certainly an outlet, a way to connect. As with anything, this isn't to say a majority or most....just that it is or has been part of many of our lives.

StarrOfDelite
03-23-2011, 10:49 AM
I may be assuming, and apologize if that is the case here, but if you are looking at the "more risky" (sic) pictures on Yahoo then that would indicate to me that you are looking at the nude and near-nude pictures which proliferate on Flickr and other Yahoo group sites. Why would you expect anyone to pose for a risque photograph in anything but a solo setting? Regarding the group pictures, I can only speak to my own experience, but I have miscellaneous pix of me with CD/TV friends, male friends, and female friends. I don't publish their faces on the internet because I think that would be a breach of my duty of common courtesy to respect their privacy.

ChloeMartin
03-23-2011, 11:18 AM
Though I believe your assumption touches on truth in some cases, perhaps it says as much about how you feel dressing alone? Just a thought.

For myself, I have to admit that I often wish I had more opportunity to go out and have at times felt closeted or alone after dressing at home. So much so that I've tried to pay attention to it and ask myself. If so, its time to find a way to get out and about.

Almost all of my pics are taken solo mostly because of this. But like Christy_M, I take photos to enjoy my look when in boy form and I really enjoy taking them. Given how much effort and time it takes me to dress in the manner I like, it often helps just to look at my pics. I feel calm, proud and attractive. And it also gives me an "outside view" of what I look like.

Those pics I have taken with others at social events or out at night, I don't post for the same reason others state. When I post I don't share those with others out of respect for privacy. Sharing is also more about "look at me", not look at my friends.

msginaadoll
03-23-2011, 02:00 PM
I am a sensitive person so I do not post pictures of myself with others out of concern for them. I do get out to club and support groups but everyone hs comfort levels. And always remember once you put a pic out there it is gone who knows where it will go.

Vickie_CDTV
03-23-2011, 02:51 PM
Just because people are alone in their pics does not necessarily mean they are lonely. However, for what it is worth... and while there are plenty of exceptions... loneliness is very common among trans folks (myself included.)

Kelly DeWinter
03-23-2011, 02:57 PM
It's funny that you post this commentary, while having a picture with a camera hiding your face. A lot a girls are happy taking photos of themselves alone, or are not ready to be out taking photos. They also might not be comfortable having a photo taken of themselves with others. I make it a policy not to post someone elses photo without their permission. Too many times you can get someone in trouble that way.