PDA

View Full Version : New Ear Piercing

Christy_M
03-21-2011, 11:06 PM
I had heard from another thread that Walmart sells a self piercing kit that is about $20 with the studs. I bought it a few weeks ago and have been debating when to take the plunge. I happen to be travelling for work this week so I just did it right after I checked into my room. It was painless. I felt such a rush of pretty. Even in boy mode. I had a business dinner so I took them out and went to dinner but as soon as I got back to the room, I put in my hoops and got dressed. I feel so "right." I can't explain it. I currently have two alcohol (rubbing, not the other kind) soaked cotton balls attached to the back of the earrings. I'll see what they look like in the morning. If they are infected, I will just redo it again when they get better.

Cynthia Anne
03-21-2011, 11:13 PM
That sounds pretty neat! Way to go girl! I had mine done at Wal-mart about 25 years ago!

AllieSF
03-22-2011, 12:52 AM
Good for you Christy. I strongly recommend that you put in some studs and leave them in for several weeks, 6+. That way you will give the piercings a chance to properly heal. Changing earrings too soon and too much can cause infection and greatly delay the total healing process. Good luck and enjoy your new earrings. I love my pierced ears.

Phoebe P.
03-22-2011, 01:15 AM
Wow! I would love to get my ears pierced! Not sure my wife would go for it though... :(