PDA

View Full Version : Self Defense

Yolanda_Voils
03-22-2011, 12:49 AM
When dressed or not, it is a good idea to be prepared for a bad situation.

I suggest for all girls, gg's and cd gurls to take a self defense class.

There are many options open, some are short and do not have the end goal of a "Belt"

Even untrained, you have many weapons, hands, feet, elbows, forehead, knees, and don't forget TEETH.
It only takes 10-16# to break a collar bone, ball your fist and slam it hard.
The solar plexus, right below the ribcage, a 2-3" punch with knock the air outta them
Held from behind, using your heel, drag it down the shin and slam it onto the foot top
Adams Apple, a short sidehand will disable them.
Knee, a side kick or front will drop them like a rock.
The tip of the spine[odontoid], between the cheeks, a hard kick there will disable
Nose, always hit down, this will disable all but the boxers of the group.
Thumb, grab it and try to roll it towards the arm, this will buy time, but not disable.
Testicles, a knee, a grab and twist all work

Forget the jaw and head punching, you'll usually hurt you hand worse than them.

I took Tae-Kwon-Do several years back for like 6 months, was prepared for my 3rd belt but felt there was too much "Show" in the whole deal for me.

Later in life, I've been attacked by mainly girls, and the reflex action, or "muscle memory" is so deeply imbedded that I can block multiple strikes, without thinking, and maintain self composure and not strike back.

The rule in Jhune Rhee style is to NEVER fight, if you can,,
1 Run
2 Hide
3 Block and run

The only time you fight is for self defense of extreme bodily harm,, name calling of your mother, wife, g/f, b/f, self does not matter in the least.

I personally take weaponry with me everywhere, in drabbe or while dressed.
My arsenal->
1. 38cal Derringer, I have a concealed weapons permit, it is almost a "get out of jail free card" when the cops see it as they know you cannot be a convicted felon if you have one.
2. Short Iron Bar, used to ahem, "Break out the window if I get submerged, officer" Which I have put a car underwater, no fun.
3. Bear Spray, OK, you can use OC Pepper Spray SABRE Compact Pepper Spray with Pink Key Case (http://www.amazon.com/SABRE-Compact-Pepper-Spray-Pink/dp/B001CZ9MRY) 8-10' range, resists wind blowback, $10.22 shipped free
4. Very Last Resort but Good Emergency use, but Large, any brand Carburetor Cleaner, this will blind an attacker for a few minutes, hit myself with it a number of times, shot a dude with it once, it doesn't do harm to the eyes. It may ruin contacts.
5. A knife, even a small one may come in handy if you find yourself on the ground with nothing else, some ladies keep them in their garter.. never stick anyone in the chest or head area, only the upper and OUTER leg.

Anytime you are forced into the use of any weapon, you assume the responsibility of the outcome, many times the victim has to pay the attacker for his/her injuries.
This will vary from state to state, contact your atty or review state codes before proceeding with any self defense mechanism's.

Safety First, then Fun
Yolanda

Persephone
03-22-2011, 01:41 AM
Great info, Yolanda! Thanks for posting!

And never overlook the power of a stiletto heel! Hundreds of pounds per square inch!

Comet
03-22-2011, 01:59 AM
Very good info, thank you ...

Billie Jean
03-22-2011, 02:06 AM
I have been a practioner of Shorin Ryu for 30 years. I am always prepared to de-esculate the situation first I possible. Billie Jean

Sally24
03-22-2011, 05:46 AM
Great info! Don't forget to mention high heels as a weapon. Even while you are still wearing them they are deadly. I once got stepped on out on the dance floor and I was down for a little while just from the pain. Taken off your feet, the point, with steel underneath is pretty dangerous.

Melissa Jill
03-22-2011, 06:17 AM
Isn't there evidence to suggest that carrying a weapon is only going to esculate the situation further and put yourself in more danger?

I really should take up martial arts again, so much fun. I only ever did a little bit of kung fu and shorinji kempo. I think theres an MMA place nearby though which is meant to be "the best" martial art.

KandisTX
03-22-2011, 06:38 AM
I carry my sidearm with me wherever I go. I have my CHL (Concealed Handgun License), and it is locked and loaded. I have not yet had to draw that weapon, (knock on wood), but rule number one is that if I have to draw it, someone is going to be shot. I do not draw my weapon for threats, nor do I draw it without intending to fire. Most people who are licensed to carry will only draw in situations where they are in fear for their lives, or to protect the life of another.

While knowing martial arts is a good thing, it is not always effective. There was a martial artist in NYC, a Black Belt who taught martial arts, was beat to death outside a bar by someone who did not know martial arts. One has to remember that once you are jumped on, unless you are skilled at escaping with moves taught in wrestling, you may not have the chance to use those skills taught to you in a martial arts class.

Amanda Stubbs
03-22-2011, 06:57 AM
I'm usually quite good at defusing a situation. I make light of it and usually end up having a bit of a laugh with them. It's usually someone who has had one or two too many.
Only once have I ever had to defend myself and my judo lessons, taken in my youth, came in quite useful. The drop kick into his nuts was added by me for good measure!

Nicki S
03-22-2011, 07:33 AM
I just picked up yesterday, my new Glock model 23. I believe this should help. But I do also agree that a self defense class is good to have.

Yolanda_Voils
03-22-2011, 08:42 AM
Isn't there evidence to suggest that carrying a weapon is only going to esculate the situation further

Depends on who is speaking.
The "NRA Newsletter" has a section called The Armed Citizen (http://www.nrapublications.org/AC/index.asp) that details where armed citizens protected themselves, sometimes shooting the attacker, othertimes with the mere presence of a firearm.

On the right of the page, note links for the past year's events of the Armed Citizen.

rule number one is that if I have to draw it, someone is going to be shot
Please DON'T, you Must be prepared to fire but is usually not necessary.

I've worked a bit with five different law enforcement agencies, Fedeeral and State,
Volunteer basis, I have been in five situations where I had to draw my weapon.

Only once did I have to fire it, a burgular was attempting to run me down in rural south Ga, about 12mi from Jimmy Carters house, I shot at a 90% angle to the driver to "mark" the vehicle in the Left Rear quarter panel.
I missed the metal and blew out the tire [.45cal Colt] the vehicle slid off the right side of the road then the left, then the right before regaining control.
My landlord was a school mate of Jimmy Carter and in with the local police, he said "I'll take care of it"

knowing martial arts is a good thing, it is not always effective.
Quite correct, a semi-pro boxer, or Good-Ol-Boy Lumberjack may take much abuse.
Training helps, but is no guarantee, if you do have to strike, try to make it count, while remembering not to kill or handicap the agressor, this is where training helps.

unless you are skilled at escaping with moves taught in wrestling, you may not have the chance to use those skills taught to you in a martial arts class.
Correct again, however my instructor taught us that in those situations you usually have at least one weapon left, your Teeth

I was placed in that situation when I was 22 and 118#
The agressor was going to insert a grease gun up my rectum and pump grease into me as part of a "Hazing" at my workplace.
Previously, I had drawn down on 3 and 5 people, all much bigger than me who attempted the same, my stance and willingness to fight turned them off.
[This is the Pack Mentality]

The guy who grabbed me was twice my age, 6'6" and 375#, his arm was bigger than my chest.
He said, "I've heard about your Karate S*** BOY, What are you gonna do now ?"
As he held me under his arm, my legs looked like pencils sticking out of his monster arms.
I told him "I don't play this Pickle" [his knickname]
He laughed and as he undid my belt, I warned him the 2nd time.
He repeated "Whatcha Gonna Do Little Boy"
He undid my pants. I warned him the 3rd Time
His Psychotic Demeanor went from Laughter to Rage, I was scared !
When I felt my zipper drop, I turned my head and bit his arm till my teeth met !

He screamed like he'd been shot with a high powered rifle and dropped me.
The remainder of my time at that plant, I worked with 6" Buck Knife OPEN in my pocket.
Not ONE person EVER said a word about this to me, ever.
Anytime there was a fight, the word spread like fire, everyone talked about it for months, If they did, not one person said anything to me.

If your life is at risk, you must convince the attacker that you are willing to die right now, and rip them from limb to limb if needed.

I spent some time at Pensacola Naval Air Station with some Drill Instructors and learned how to "act" crazy when needed.

I'm usually quite good at defusing a situation
I too am good at negotiations, sometimes people mistake my kindness for weakness, a few over the years have leaned the differnce :)

Yolanda_Voils
03-22-2011, 08:57 AM
One story from "The Armed Citizen (http://www.nrapublications.org/AC/index_aug10.asp)

An 80-year-old Korean War veteran, his wife and great-grandson were asleep when a convicted felon with a 13-page rap sheet allegedly smashed a basement window and entered their home.

Hearing the commotion, the veteran got his handgun.
Police said the suspect drew a gun and fired two shots.
The veteran fired a single round, killing him. Here’s where it got even more interesting:

The veteran is a resident of Chicago, which has a decades-old handgun ban whose fate was at press time about to be ruled upon by the U.S. Supreme Court.
Police declined to press charges against the veteran even though he may have violated the ban.
One has to wonder, would anti-gun zealots favor prosecuting this war veteran for breaking one of their so-called “common sense” laws even though his actions saved innocent lives?
“How are we going to protect our homes without guns?” said the vet’s son. “That gun law should be abolished.”
(Chicago Tribune, Chicago, IL, 05/27/10)

Kate Lynn
03-22-2011, 10:56 AM
Yolanda,I've been into Uechi Ryu Karate for over 35 years,when needed it is extremely helpful,but the state I live in allows a person to carry a concealed firearm with a concealed carry license,I carry a 1911 Kimber .45.
Fortunately I have never had to use it,and hope I never have to,when I have situations with idiots,and they turn it into a violent physical meeting,a shokun strike under their left nipple always settles it,sometimes I have to follow it with a shokun strike to the kidney,then they tinkle in their panties,and the lessons learned.

Keep one important thing in mind Yolanda,you have a right to defend yourself against an attacker,you don't need to become a victim or a statistic.

kym
03-22-2011, 11:12 AM
being retired from the Army, I have been trained in hand to hand combatives, essentially MMA style of fighting, it saved my life several times while in the service. But more importantly it has taught me self discipline and when to use the tactics. I also have a concealed carry permit for my state and I regularly carry a 40 caliber glock for personal protection, which I have never had to draw. If I ever do have to draw the weapon I am prepared to use it in anyway I need to to protect a life whether its my own or someone else's. Self defense classes are good and effective, but they need to include wrestling tactics on how to escape any hold someone may use on you. No I'm not Ms. bad a**, but I am someone who can defend herself if needed and in the south it may be needed.

Persephone
03-22-2011, 12:34 PM
Isn't there evidence to suggest that carrying a weapon is only going to esculate the situation further and put yourself in more danger?

That is a very sweet theory, Melissa, and it is mostly told by people who don't give a damn about you as an individual.

Just like here in the states, the majority of police cars have the motto "to serve and to protect" on them. The motto is true, but only when it comes to serving and protecting society as a whole. Very very seldom does a police officer have the opportunity to stop a crime in progress. More often they arrive on the scene after the victim has been beaten, raped, or killed. The hope then is that they will eventually arrest the perpetrator and possibly put him or her in prison.

The actual statistics in nations that allow personal possesion of firearms is that they are most often used to deter or avert a crime. In ninety-five percent of the cases in which firearms are used for such purpose they are never fired.

So, faced with a criminal intent upon wrecking havoc on you, and quite possibly killing you, are you really better off unprotected?

Hugs,
Persephone.

UNDERDRESSER
03-22-2011, 02:40 PM
My attitude to fighting is, I don't. I suck at it frankly. If someone starts something, I'll try to run away if I can, but if they catch me, I'm going all out. I don't care if I kill them or whatever. That said, if I get them down and harmless, I won't follow up, but while the fight is ongoing, if I can reach a weapon, it's getting used with all the muscle I have left, I'll deal with the legal situation after.

KandisTX
03-22-2011, 05:02 PM
One more important thing to remember is the following quote:

"When seconds count, the police are minutes away".

It is your right, and your duty to protect yourself in any way means, within the law, as necessary. If you are licensed to carry a firearm, then by all means CARRY IT. You have the right to defend yourself, and others under the law.

Here in Texas, I can use deadly force to protect myself, my family, and property as well as other individuals in fear for their lives. Those last 5 words are the most important, IN FEAR FOR THEIR LIVES. The object of defending yourself is to stop the attacker, in the cases where a firearm has been used, it was because the attacker would not stop advancing even after the firearm was drawn.

Debglam
03-22-2011, 05:11 PM
I carry my sidearm with me wherever I go. I have my CHL (Concealed Handgun License), and it is locked and loaded. I have not yet had to draw that weapon, (knock on wood), but rule number one is that if I have to draw it, someone is going to be shot. I do not draw my weapon for threats, nor do I draw it without intending to fire. Most people who are licensed to carry will only draw in situations where they are in fear for their lives, or to protect the life of another.

While knowing martial arts is a good thing, it is not always effective. There was a martial artist in NYC, a Black Belt who taught martial arts, was beat to death outside a bar by someone who did not know martial arts. One has to remember that once you are jumped on, unless you are skilled at escaping with moves taught in wrestling, you may not have the chance to use those skills taught to you in a martial arts class.

:yt:

Not much more I can add to this.

It is always best to see trouble coming and avoid it. We should all have our "radar" on, and if something feels "wrong" it probably is. We called it "situational awareness" in the military and IT is your best defense! Next is to get the heck out of Dodge! I have no problem, ego or otherwise, in walking or running away. Age has taught me this. If they want my property, I toss it in one direction and run in the other.

If I can talk my way out of a situation, as Amanda suggests, great. But at the same time, I'm thinking what I'll do if I can't.

I CCW also and as Kandis says, if the pistol comes out - somebody is getting shot! You don't brandish a pistol to scare and you don't shoot to wound. A last resort.

Here is hoping that none of us or our families are ever in these kinds of situations!

Be safe!
Debby

joank
03-22-2011, 05:12 PM
The People's Republic of Southern CA lets counties give out CCP's like they are giving out nuclear weapons permits. It is easier to score a pound of coke than get one. If you carry here, be ready to do some serious time, but you will be alive. My personal favorite is my 1911 A-1. Next is my Remington 870 will 4 00 buck and a slug for the final stopper (no plug for this chick). Kill'em all and let godd sort'em out.

Julogden
03-22-2011, 05:36 PM
I hope to avoid situations where a violent response is required. If someone wants to rob me, they'll probably have a gun, and I'm not about to fool around trying to disarm someone with a gun, even if I were to have one myself, that's an easy way to get shot.

Are things that bad in Georgia that you really need to arm yourself like that?? I've spent a little time in Georgia, and I found the folks there to be quite civilized. My brother currently lives there, and he doesn't arm himself the way you do, and he's ex Air Force, and nowhere near being anti-gun.

Or is it just something that you enjoy? ;)

Regarding the 80yo Korean war vet here in Chicago, yes, in that instance, it worked, but I've lived near and in Chicago all my life, and that's maybe the third story like that from this area that I've heard in my whole life. By contrast, it's way more common to hear about some innocent child that was killed when they or someone else, often the gun owner, accidentally discharged a gun. That happens at least a couple times a year around this area. Also, the Korean war vet lives in Humboldt Park, which is a seriously rough neighborhood, tons of crime of all sorts there, so it makes a lot of sense to have a gun in the house and know how to use it if you live there or somewhere like it.

From what you're saying, you do things that deliberately put you in dangerous situations, so what you require for protection is not the same as what the average person requires. I do agree, a gun in the house is a good idea, better to have one and not need it than need it and not have it, but what you're advocating, i.e. carrying a concealed weapon, is overkill for almost everyone.

Regarding carrying weapons, my brother used to live in Arizona. He once had a guy pull a legal pistol on him because they guy thought my brother took a parking space that he should have had. It's way too easy to get carried away if you're carrying a gun on your person.

And what exactly does this have to do with crossdressing??

Carol

VeronicaMoonlit
03-22-2011, 05:45 PM
I suggest for all girls, gg's and cd gurls to take a self defense class.

That's actually not a bad idea.

Later in life, I've been attacked by mainly girls,

Oh really...that's interesting...women rarely initiate violence.

I personally take weaponry with me everywhere, in drabbe or while dressed.

Why? Really, why? I have never felt the need to carry a weapon at all and really don't understand the Southern and Rocky mountain obsession with firearms. I have to admit that sometimes I think the following:

"Those southern and rocky mountain gun nuts need to grow up and stop being full of fear and hate towards "the other".

I carry my sidearm with me wherever I go. I have my CHL (Concealed Handgun License),

Why? I understand Texas is gun crazy, but why do you feel the need to carry a LETHAL weapon everywhere. Are you that fearful?

The "NRA Newsletter" has a

Stop, right there. The NRA is not entirely unbiased in this matter.

Only once did I have to fire it, a burgular was attempting to run me down in rural south Ga,

And THAT is why people say the things they do about the South. You sure seem to LOOOVE violence as a people.

My landlord was a school mate of Jimmy Carter and in with the local police, he said "I'll take care of it"

Good ol' boy network protected you from prosecution.

I was placed in that situation when I was 22 and 118#
The agressor was going to insert a grease gun up my rectum and pump grease into me as part of a "Hazing" at my workplace.
The remainder of my time at that plant, I worked with 6" Buck Knife OPEN in my pocket.

Yep, you people are crazy....what kind of cretin would do or tolerate that sort of behavior. And what kind of workplace would allow it, that's massive lawsuit tender right there. That's right, in sane societies we settle problems with words first. we don't go "That there Bobby joe said his chevy's better n' my dodge...I'm a gonna punch em."

Anytime there was a fight, the word spread like fire, everyone talked about it for months, If they did, not one person said anything to me.

I've never been involved in a fight in my entire adult life...because people up here aren't taught that violence is the first answer to every little tiny thing.

One story from "The Armed Citizen (http://www.nrapublications.org/AC/index_aug10.asp)

a simple motion detector light and siren would have kept him out of the basement in the first place! Burglars don't like light and sound!

Yolanda,I've been into Uechi Ryu Karate for over 35 years,when needed it is extremely helpful,but the state I live in allows a person to carry a concealed firearm with a concealed carry license,I carry a 1911 Kimber .45.

Montana, sigh. Not very trans-friendly is it....perhaps if you folks grew up sociologically you might put away the guns and start treating ALL people with respect.

No I'm not Ms. bad a**, but I am someone who can defend herself if needed and in the south it may be needed.

What makes the south different, really. Why is it you are so fearful all the time. Maybe whatever it is is a BAD THING you need to get rid of?

Here in Texas, I can use deadly force to protect myself, my family, and property as well as other individuals in fear for their lives.

You can also use them to killl those you supposedly love, which happens a lot in Texas.....and frankly those guns don't make Texas safer. It would be better if you all put away the toys that make you feel macho manly and Mr. Marloboro man and learned to not be so full of hate anger and fear all the time. When I see the faces of American Hate for transfolks on TV, they tend to have southern accents still.

Tell me Bubba's, do all those guns make things better for transfolk there? No, they don't. Are the states that have things like legal protections for transfolk and gay marriage the ones where people feel the need to carry weapons everywhere....no, they aren't. That's telling you something....perhaps your love of guns is slowing down your progress in social justice. or as you might be thinking "My justice is my 44 magnum"

The only reason I'm responding is I hate these threads where some Southerner tries to spread his unreasonable fear to everybody else. If you have been in a lot of fights...maybe it's a problem with YOU.

Veronica

Stephanie Miller
03-22-2011, 07:38 PM
I think the thing for you to do Veronica is to call Mrs. Brown (Bubba-ette for short) and explain how she should have stopped trying to be so "macho manly and Mr. Marloboro man", put her pink "toy" away and just grabbed her phone called the police. Heck, while waiting for them to arrive she could have explained to the man how he need not be so full of hate and anger. (Opps, my fauly... I guess she would have been the one with hate and anger! I'm sure he would have understood.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/03/22/armed-beauty-queen-fatally-shoots-intruder-florida-home-invasion/#

Obviously Texas isn't the only state outside your "safe" glass bubble.

(No, I didn't pull some obscure article... this was just a few days ago.)

I don't mean to lash out, but I feel just as strongly in my views as you do in yours. And I will honor your right to feel no need to carry (or own), but if I have done nothing wrong and feel the need to have protection of coice for myself or the ones I love - (Yes, there are crazy people out there that don't play by the rules) - I expect the same respect.

KandisTX
03-22-2011, 08:18 PM
You can also use them to killl those you supposedly love, which happens a lot in Texas.....and frankly those guns don't make Texas safer. It would be better if you all put away the toys that make you feel macho manly and Mr. Marloboro man and learned to not be so full of hate anger and fear all the time. When I see the faces of American Hate for transfolks on TV, they tend to have southern accents still.

Tell me Bubba's, do all those guns make things better for transfolk there? No, they don't. Are the states that have things like legal protections for transfolk and gay marriage the ones where people feel the need to carry weapons everywhere....no, they aren't. That's telling you something....perhaps your love of guns is slowing down your progress in social justice. or as you might be thinking "My justice is my 44 magnum"

The only reason I'm responding is I hate these threads where some Southerner tries to spread his unreasonable fear to everybody else. If you have been in a lot of fights...maybe it's a problem with YOU.

Veronica

You want to talk about hatred and then you spout off about your dislike of "Southerners and Texans" being "macho manley and Mr. Marlboro Man". Tell me how that is not hatred or bigoted in that thought? You live in a state where they really aren't all that happy about people owning guns. Hell, when I drive to Indiana to play paintball, I have to put my handgun in the TRUNK because Illinois does NOT recognize the CHL from Texas, whereas almost every other state in the union does.

Many of the transfolks here in Texas are armed as well so they can defend themselves from the limited few that are closed minded enough to be hateful and bigoted toward them and others of alternative lifestyles.

The Second Amendment of the Constitution of the United States allows me the right to keep and bear arms. I fought in the military to defend that Constitution and this great Nation, I have been trained to safely handle a firearm and I am licensed to possess and carry said firearm. I am a commissioned security officer and a licensed Bodyguard which means I get paid to carry a weapon in defense of other people and/or their properties while on duty. I am also able to defend myself and others when off duty because I have my concealed handgun license.

If you are fortunate enough to never need someone to protect you with a firearm then you are lucky. The sad truth is this society is going downhill fast because we have a government that is more concerned with THEIR image in the world than with the state of our own Country. People are losing their jobs left and right in this country, and the sad truth is many of them weren't making a lot of money to begin with so a life of crime is not too far off for them. When they turn to that life of crime, myself, my family and many others I know are NOT going to be victims.

You can spout the drivel about Southerners and Texans being gun nuts all you want, but by God, you'll be happy we DON'T give up our guns when the defecation hits the atmospheric rotary oscillation device.

Longing2be-Trisha
03-22-2011, 08:39 PM
I have an ex brother-in-law who was five feet nothing in work boot had a philosophy. Hit them or kick them were the sun don't shine as hard as you can and run as fast as you can before they get back up! They just won't be singing soprano, but looking to tare you apart if you are still there. LOL!! He said it does work, he had had to do this maneuver several times.

Julogden
03-22-2011, 08:58 PM
I just did a Google search for "road rage shooting", and after looking at several pages of results, I saw that the overwhelming majority of road rage shootings are from the south and west. To me, that says there's something seriously wrong going on there.

That said, I've got lots of relatives in the south, my mom was from Tennessee, and I've spent plenty of time in Misissippi with relatives there too, so I know that everyone in the south and west are not gun-crazy hooligans, but there there seems to be an element in those regions who feel that it's somehow patriotic to pack heat 24/7. We should never give up our right to bear arms, but that right is balanced by the responsibility to behave sanely and safely. Let's face it, most people have no business carrying a gun with them all the time. If a gun is at hand when you're out and about, there can easily be a temptation to go for it in a moment of fear or anger when you really shouldn't resort to that level of violence.

Wouldn't you say that it's better to keep that gun safe at home unless your job requires you to carry one or you live in such a hellacious neighborhood that you really need one to stay safe?

I have no problem with taking self-defense classes though, makes sense to be able to protect yourself against someone who doesn't have a gun. That could come in very handy if someone just decides to mess with you.

Carol

KandisTX
03-22-2011, 09:05 PM
The key to gun ownership is RESPONSIBILITY. As a gun owner, I know that it is dangerous to carry a weapon. My wife and daughter both are aware of the gun and they both know how to handle a firearm responsibly. Most of those incidents you talk about are people who should have been barred from buying a gun, or perhaps they couldn't get one legally so they obtained one through illegal means. A large percentage of the weapons used in crimes are "illegal" (stolen or somehow otherwise outlawed) weapons. You would probably be hard pressed to find a story about a responsible gun owner breaking the law with their weapon.

donnatracey
03-22-2011, 10:28 PM
This has been a very enlightening thread, to say the least. I've learned quite a bit; it's a crazy world we live in today.....and no, I don't carry a gun and I'm surviving in Texas.....but the thought has entered my mind at times....:daydreaming:

marny
03-22-2011, 10:46 PM
Geez! Think I'll just stay home in a box!

Yolanda_Voils
03-22-2011, 11:32 PM
I should have known better than an attempt to post a sensitive topic like this, people "Half A** read the posts and make arbitrary commentary that comes right out of the News Network opinion..

I must agree that the injuries to children and others from unsafe handling of weapons is totally unacceptable..

One other thing that you need to know but is never published.
The Five times I had to pull my weapon to protect myself were Not published anywhere, so that is a statistic which will neve be figured in on the Careless Injury vs Legal Defense ratio chart

I suppose those of you who think that myself during off hours and while on-duty should carry what, a clipboard to write down the description of the car that attempted a Felony Murder, or the guy who came at me with an open knife, should I have written down his description instead of firing one warning shot into the air ??

I could have killed all Five of the suspects, and not been reprimanded in any way.

Regarding the circumstances of my services, I cannot and will not divulge what agencies that I've worked in association with.

Julogden
03-23-2011, 12:04 AM
I should have known better than an attempt to post a sensitive topic like this, people "Half A** read the posts and make arbitrary commentary that comes right out of the News Network opinion..

I must agree that the injuries to children and others from unsafe handling of weapons is totally unacceptable..

One other thing that you need to know but is never published.
The Five times I had to pull my weapon to protect myself were Not published anywhere, so that is a statistic which will neve be figured in on the Careless Injury vs Legal Defense ratio chart

I suppose those of you who think that myself during off hours and while on-duty should carry what, a clipboard to write down the description of the car that attempted a Felony Murder, or the guy who came at me with an open knife, should I have written down his description instead of firing one warning shot into the air ??

I could have killed all Five of the suspects, and not been reprimanded in any way.

Regarding the circumstances of my services, I cannot and will not divulge what agencies that I've worked in association with.

I'll repeat my question: what has this got to do with crossdressing? If it's appropriate to post it anywhere in these forums, and that's questionable, it should be in the lounge.

And I don't get the point of your original posting. It seems like you're boasting about living a violent life and that you enjoy violence, but I doubt that anyone else here wants to live a life like that. Why would we want to emulate you by taking all sorts of martial arts classes and have to carry deadly weapons just to survive?

So you have a very dangerous job, and you like to go looking for trouble. That probably doesn't relate to virtually anyone else here, has nothing to do with statistics regarding people who have guns to defend their homes and families, and it has nothing to do with transgender issues. We couldn't care less what agencies you've worked for. It's obvious that you're dying to tell us, but who cares? I don't.

So, what's your point????

Eryn
03-23-2011, 01:04 AM
I've never been involved in a fight in my entire adult life...because people up here aren't taught that violence is the first answer to every little tiny thing.

Hmm, has Illinois been declared a Violence Free Zone? Perhaps these people weren't informed:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/chi-ap-il-elderlywomankille,0,303835.story
http://www.therepublic.com/view/story/3e2d902ffb75409da32f90bf3f8106fb/IL--Herrin-Apartment-Killing/
http://www.wjbdradio.com/index.php?f=news_single&id=26164
http://www.suntimes.com/news/metro/4415960-418/avondale-shooting-leaves-two-men-hospitalized.html

Better to be judged by 12 than carried by six.

ashlylynn
03-23-2011, 01:21 AM
#1 Always be arguing on the phone. "Look, you've been a cop for 2 years and I never once asked for a drive before and I can see your car from here"

#2 Failing that - Thumbnail deep into their eye - Break nearest business window. ( alarm will sound and get response )

Problem: When you're scared, you don't think straight, and women are not usually prone to violent defense - so bitch out your cop bf and hope for the best.

ashlylynn
03-23-2011, 01:24 AM
I have been a practioner of Shorin Ryu for 30 years. I am always prepared to de-esculate the situation first I possible. Billie Jean

that is the Young Tree way.

Debglam
03-23-2011, 07:49 AM
This is a real shame! Yolanda posts a thread on self-defense, something that is sadly very relevant to all of us, particularly in the TG community. Firearms are mentioned as one of several methods of self-defense and the thread immediately turns into personal attacks.

I've come to expect better on this forum.

Sedona
03-23-2011, 09:09 AM
Julogden, I agree with your sentiment. Seems like this thread is a "look at me!" type of thread, and it might belong in the Lounge.

Still, if one doesn't put themselves in dicey situations. .

Starr
03-23-2011, 09:11 AM
Yes i have heard os several road rage gun deals in Tennessee... and of all the ones I have read... only one was with a guy who had a permit for the gun... which he no longer has now.. The next to last thing i want to do is have to pull my weapon to defend myself and that is what it is for... I am not John Wayne, Dirty Harry, or The Lone Ranger.. OH.. the last thing i want to do... is need to protect myself and not be able too...

Yolanda_Voils
03-23-2011, 09:27 AM
The rule in Jhune Rhee style is to NEVER fight, if you can,,
1 Run
2 Hide
3 Block and run

The only time you fight is for self defense of extreme bodily harm,, name calling of your mother, wife, g/f, b/f, self does not matter in the least.

Sorry to be as one said "Vauge and Arbitrary" if you find exception with my posts, I'm very sorry.

My writing style is indeed in need of professional assistance, which I see there is plenty of that to help me understand what I really meant to say.

Sandra
03-23-2011, 09:47 AM
Closed at Ops request.