PDA

View Full Version : Spotted a guy shopping in the womens hosiery in WalMart this weekend.

Billie Jean
03-22-2011, 01:29 AM
His legs were shaved and I gave him a knowing smile and nod. He smiled back and went to the panties. I rarely see this here in Tn at the local WalMarts but see it lots in Goodwill. Billie Jean

Amelia
03-22-2011, 02:37 AM
I rarely like anything they have at Wal-Mart. Perhaps I have expensive tastes?

Comet
03-22-2011, 02:53 AM
That's cool that you made a little connection there ....

And good for him that he smiled back, and didn't get scared or anything!

Phoebe P.
03-22-2011, 03:13 AM
I tried to go into a thrift store and couldn't do it... I turned around and marched out!

Are they nice? I have a hard time wearing other people's clothes.

Kind of weird! Am I silly?

Amelia
03-22-2011, 03:23 AM
I admire those brave enough to shop on their own confidently. I shop a bit, but I usually wind up embarrassed by the time I check out.

Billie Jean
03-22-2011, 04:43 AM
I admire those brave enough to shop on their own confidently. I shop a bit, but I usually wind up embarrassed by the time I check out.I used to have that problem but now I think its fun to see how the cashier reacts. I have had a couple of rude ones but they mostly give it no second thought. Billie Jean

Amelia
03-22-2011, 04:59 AM
I bought some new mascara today and nearly chickened out because the lady in front of me was shooting dirty looks my way! Hopefully it will be worth the trouble.

Tanya C
03-22-2011, 06:08 AM
I occasionally spot men shopping for women's things but they usually seem a little intimidated, so much so that they wouldn't make eye contact or smile.
For me, shopping for women's clothing or makeup has become as natural as shopping for anything else. I have no problem with anyone knowing or suspecting I'm a cder.

Jannine
03-22-2011, 06:18 AM
Her in Australia we have Savers, - a second hand and pre-loved clothing chain, (I think Aus. wide) the range is mind blowing, the stores are huge and stocked to the rafters. It is easy to cruse, browse and purchase, 'cause there is so much stuff, and cheap! Because of the low prices, there are always some weird looking people there, so no one really takes any notice. There is a fantastic range, and everything is pre cleaned.

Jannine.X

KandisTX
03-22-2011, 06:32 AM
Anytime I go into a store with the express purpose of buying women's clothing, I simply walk directly to what I want, look for the item I am searching for and buy it. Depending on how the person reacts when they question me will depend on whether or not I tell them it is for myself or it is a gift for my wife. I have made some real good "friends" that way because of my honesty. They admired the fact that I wasn't afraid to be honest about who I was buying that matching bra and panty set for. ;) Life's too short to be concerned with other peoples opinions.

Rogina B
03-22-2011, 07:23 AM
I enjoy shopping in girl or boy mode. The big used clothing outlets such as Discount Village in Chicagoland[must be similar to the Australian version] are a crossdresser's dream..Anywhere,if dressers would just get over their shyness,they would find a lot more fun.Who cares what a SA thinks of what you like. At the least,it gave them something to talk about!

Amanda Stubbs
03-22-2011, 07:26 AM
My initial thought at reading the title of this thread was 'So what !?!'.
He's only getting tights, they could be for his wife. You mentioned he had shaved legs ? Was he presenting female ? Surely you should be, if 'he' was, refering to a female ?

Cynthia Anne
03-22-2011, 07:42 AM
I admire those brave enough to shop on their own confidently. I shop a bit, but I usually wind up embarrassed by the time I check out.

I consider the 'checking out' the most fun part!

I tried to go into a thrift store and couldn't do it... I turned around and marched out!

I went to a Goodwill store to find a light spring jacket and the lady that worked there went to the ladies dept. and found me a very cute ladies jacket! I tried it on and wore it the rest of the day! Hugs!

Byron
03-22-2011, 09:29 AM
Back in December, I saw a guy browsing the womens underwear wall at the local Target. He grabbed a pack and walked away. Later I saw him carrying one of the red hand baskets, with the pack sitting in the bottom. It was near x-mas so he could have been gift shopping, but something told me otherwise.

Of course I just quitely smiled to myself. :)

Yolanda_Voils
03-22-2011, 10:30 AM
Thrift Stores

Are they nice? I have a hard time wearing other people's clothes.
Kind of weird! Am I silly?

NO, you're not wierd, you are wise !
I use Chlorox "Brand" bleach on all used clothes.
On my large capacity washer, I fill it with 3/4 full of warm water, then add 1/8-1/4 cup of bleach, then some Tide.

*Important Note* Chlorox bleach is different than the Generic 5.25% Sodium Hyphchlorite Bleach.
In industry we found it kills deep seated fungus that the generics will not touch.
This was visible, you can clean with PH-12 soap, scrup with a stiff bristle brush, Un-Diluted Generic Bleach and the black fungus is still there.
A simple wipe with "Chlorox" brand removes all traces !!

On synthetic fabrics such as polyester, rayon etc you can use the full 1/4 cup as they are "colorfast" fabrics.
On cotton or wool, reduce to 1/8 or less. [smaller machines may need less]

You can smell fabrics and often determine if they contain certain types of bacteria.
Some people leave clothes in the washer till they "sour"
The only way to remove the smell is with UV Light[sunshine] Bleach, or a soaking in PH-2~ solution [Acid] Litmus Paper is needed to determine the strength.

A note on "Dry Clean Only" fabrics, after washing over 100 DCO fabrics, only one came apart, and I think it was damaged from exposure to another agent to cause its demise.

Alice Torn
03-22-2011, 12:32 PM
I have seen many, many brand new nylons and PH still in unopened packaging at second hand stores, and low prices.

UNDERDRESSER
03-22-2011, 02:20 PM
I think the first time I bought female wear myself, it was a pair of speedo brand bikini bottoms. I hadn't considered buying such a thing for public wear, but found these in the men's section. I took them to the counter with the intention of just pretending that I hadn't realized, but when the SA asked if I'd tried them for fit, I said something like "not really my style" and then she looked and understood they were women's. Kinda stupid I know now, I mean who would buy such a thing for a GF without sizing? Since then I have often bought women's underwear, and a couple of times bikini bottoms, once stating straight out that I wanted a briefer cut than the men's selection had. When in the women's underwear sections, I sometimes get looks from female customers, I think mostly because they don't like the idea of a guy knowing what kind of underwear they buy, (?) I've hardly ever had even as much as a strange look from the SAs.

marissa_sissy
03-22-2011, 02:23 PM
lol. I tried to find stuff at the Mart that I liked, but was unable. I am a La Senza girl all the way. I beleieve they can tell that I am buying for myself, although I have never gone, and never will likely, en femme.

RachelB.
03-22-2011, 02:27 PM
Depending on where the Walmart was it could have been me.

Jannine
03-22-2011, 05:00 PM
I have no objection to shopping in secondhand stores, the clothing is clean, the range is mind-blowing and charities need our money, more so than shareholders. I do draw the line, however at used underware, but in the stores new undergarments in so many cases are vastly overpriced for items mostly made in China. Which has led me in the past to shoplift. :o:o Imagine how the s..t would hit the fan, had I been arrested?? Well, I deserved to be, but I no longer do that. Since I have come out to my partner, I no longer care what others think.

Jannine.X

Starr
03-22-2011, 08:44 PM
It wasn't me you saw but it could have been.. I shop Wal mart for things all the time.. most of my panties and bra's come from there.. have shorts and skirts from there... and panty hose.. i also do Kmart...Target...

Comet
03-22-2011, 09:56 PM
I bought some new mascara today and nearly chickened out because the lady in front of me was shooting dirty looks my way! Hopefully it will be worth the trouble.
I say shoot a dirty look right back at her ...

Who is she to think she knows that mascara is for you? And who is she to judge if it is?

donnatracey
03-22-2011, 09:58 PM
Mmmm, guess I need to be more careful when shopping at Walmart......:heehee:

Diane Smith
03-22-2011, 10:25 PM

I consider it a sign of politeness to not pay too much attention to what the other shoppers around me in line are buying. It's none of my business, or hers, really. Are you sure she was giving you the evil eye because of the mascara, or was she just a nasty person having a bad day?

- Diane

PretzelGirl
03-22-2011, 10:37 PM
Who is she to think she knows that mascara is for you? And who is she to judge if it is?

My vote is that she was just one of those people that shoots dirty looks at everyone. It isn't always about our dressing, some people are just ugly to others because that's the way they are.

Yolanda_Voils
03-22-2011, 11:48 PM
I buy what I want, where I want and don't even look around to see if anyone is watching..

If they think it's for me or my g/f I don't care, the SA is interested in One Thing, Your Money..

ashlylynn
03-23-2011, 01:38 AM
@ OP
Why didn't you tell him "go to crossdressers.com - I'm Billy Jean" ? lol

Or ... maybe he was a swimmer or biker ( both shave legs, one for drag, the other so that road crashes wont put hair into cuts, causing festering )
shopping for his wife.

suchacutie
03-23-2011, 10:39 AM
So, here are two situations:

1) My wife adds mascara and pantyhose to the shopping list and I head to one of the discount stores, and among other things, pick up the items she wants.

2) I go to a discount store and buy myself mascara and pantyhose.

Of course, there is no outward difference between the two situations. Either I simply go ahead and perform the desired tasks, or I am, for some reason, too concerned about something to go ahead and do it. What might I be concerned about? The only possible thing is the reaction of others. Ok, I do understand that it might be a different situation to be in Payless trying on 5" heels, or bringing a dress into a dressing room to check the fit, but buying items off a shelf or rack in a discount store or a pharmacy cannot be negative in any way. Dirty looks...just raise your eyebrows at them. Comments? Well it really isn't any of their business, now is it? And the person at the checkout? They are there to process the items you want to buy. If they are harassing at all, do you think the management would appreciate it if you decide NOT to spend some money in their establishment? Just remind any surly check out person about that! :)

So, just do it! Anyone who pays attention at all is either rude or just full of themself. Don't be embarassed! You have as much right to purchase these items as anyone, and the store will be delighted to sell them to you!

:)

tina

Billie Jean
03-23-2011, 10:53 PM
:battingeyelashes
@ OP
Why didn't you tell him "go to crossdressers.com - I'm Billy Jean" ? lol

Or ... maybe he was a swimmer or biker ( both shave legs, one for drag, the other so that road crashes wont put hair into cuts, causing festering )
shopping for his wife.:battingeyelashes:I should have. But it was obvious he was kinda nervous. I didn't want to scare him(her?):eek:. Billie Jean