PDA

View Full Version : One big step

Sandra
03-22-2011, 02:29 PM
Nigella and I were back at Leeds GIC. We was there 3 months ago to see the endo about going on hormones. She wouldn't prescribe them on that occasion because Nigella's BP was high, she is on tablets for it. She told Nigella to go back our own Dr about the BP being so high and also to lose to weight, an appointment was made for 3 months.In this 3 months the BP has become under control and Nigella has lost some weight

So today we was just hoping that things were going to be ok.....well they were, the endo has prescribed hormones :D she hasn't given any t- blockers as yet as Nigella's t levels are quite low and she said not having the blockers wouldn't interfere with the hormones, so it was decided to leave it for now and if Nigella want's the t - blockers later then she can and they will be by injection every 3 months, as the tablets would interfere with the meds she is already on.

So we are on the next step of this road together and I have one very happy bunny sat next to me :)

Rianna Humble
03-22-2011, 03:35 PM
Woohoo! Well done Nigella! Weight loss isn't easy, but you made it!

BTW, thank-you Sandra for sharing this, but my praise definitely goes to Nigella, even though she couldn't have done it without your support.

Teri Jean
03-22-2011, 03:45 PM
Good for you Nigella, Now the fun really starts. Take care. Teri

Jessinthesprings
03-22-2011, 03:59 PM
So today we was just hoping that things were going to be ok.....well they were, the endo has prescribed hormones :D she hasn't given any t- blockers as yet as Nigella's t levels are quite low and she said not having the blockers wouldn't interfere with the hormones, so it was decided to leave it for now

Spiro is a T-blocker. It's possible that she is already on it for the BP.

StaceyJane
03-22-2011, 04:01 PM
That's great news!
I had to take spiro for a month before I got my estrogen prescription.

Sandra
03-22-2011, 04:03 PM
Spiro is a T-blocker. It's possible that she is already on it for the BP.

No she's not on that for the BP, it is that one that she can't take as it interferes with the ramipril, which is the BP tablet

Nigella
03-22-2011, 04:23 PM
The one thing about this journey, is that we have shared this together, Sandra is proud of the steps we have taken and it is only right that she should share our good news with you all.

It has been a long road, and I must admit fairly easy to this point and I treasure the fact that I have Sandra by my side. We both know that there are pitfalls along the way, but this step is a moment of joy for both of us.

MsBette
03-22-2011, 04:57 PM
I love the fact that you both can go on this journey together. That shows not only love, but true friendship beneath it, which is a lovely thing to have
Congratulations Nigella, I'm so glad things are working out now for you.