PDA

View Full Version : Cross Dresser clubs and groups

joanne anderson
03-22-2011, 09:40 PM
Hi there ladies.
I would like to know what your local crossdressers club or group activities are orginised for members and maybe what type off outings to other clubs or social evenings you do when you meet up.

LOL Joanne:nz:

Tanya83
03-22-2011, 10:14 PM
I haven't been to any but maybe you can try Meetup.com or the tri-ess?

Alice Torn
03-22-2011, 10:20 PM
I haven't been to any either. Too far away. I do like your dress!

PretzelGirl
03-22-2011, 10:40 PM
I think you will find a wide variety of outings and social events between all the different groups. Some groups form and become social vehicles and private dressing time. So they don't tend to get out any. Other groups may have many out members and it develops in line with that. I suspect if every story is told, you will hear all possibilities for group activities.

AKAMichelle
03-22-2011, 10:48 PM
there are a lot of different groups around the world. Most are divided up into a niche area of the community. I run a meetup group here in Denver. I know that is a little far for you, but I seem to remember seeing a group in New Zealand.

I hope you find a group near you which will meet your needs.

Rachel Morley
03-22-2011, 10:54 PM
Hi Joanne,

If I understand you correctly you're asking what kind of events other TG support groups offer their members. I'm on the board of a group called the River City Gems (http://www.rivercitygems.org/index.html) in Sacramento, California. Our group is a mixed CD and TS group. We generally have minimally two events per month, sometimes three. Here's a list of the kind of things we typically do on rotation.

Apart from our monthly social every second Saturday, which is an elegant dinner and dancing event in a private banqueting room with our own bar, a DJ, dance floor, etc, at a local hotel, our second event of the month is has been things like:

Private after hours shopping events at clothes and makeup stores

Themed parties (Summer Luau, St Patrick’s Day, Mardi Gras, Valentine’s Day, Alice in Wonderland, Halloween, Christmas, New Year’s Eve, etc)

Femme 101 workshops (“how to” type events with demonstrations from professionals)

LGBT Pride Events

Our Annual Formal Fall Ball (River City Sparkle)

Fashion Exchange (clothes swap)

After hours Wig Care events at local wig stores

Movie Nights (at a member’s home on a big screen TV or at a local movie theater)

Bunco Game Night (or if not Bunco board games instead)

New Girls’ Night Out (An experienced CDer chaperoning a small group of new girls for their first time out at a public mainstream venue(s).

Outreach seminars at local colleges

Bowing Night (we booked their 3 private lanes)

Murder Mystery Party

Transgender Day of Remembrance

Riverboat Dinner Cruise (very mainstream event)

Drab Gab (monthly lunch for newbees who are not ready to attend an event en femme yet)